The Situation With Iran Goes Hot - Shots Fired

Hedge

A very brief overview of where we stand right now.

Qasem Soleimani, a terrorist, the top IRGC commander, and at least the second most powerful man in Iran, was assassinated on 01/03/20. President Trump claimed U.S. responsibility for the attack. After the burial ceremony concluded, in which a human sea of mourners (some were even real) stampeded, killing 50+ and injuring hundreds, Iran proceeded to seek revenge by launching missile attacks at 2 locations where U.S. service members were stationed.

Congress will be briefed tomorrow about the situation.

The following select tweets are pulled over from pages 246/247 of the "Trump foreign policy" thread.

The first wave of attacks:

Apparently a second wave of attacks:

--------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Trump is a coward. He owes it to address the troops. 

He's not on TV, so he's not addressing the troops?  

Shut the ***** up, idiot.  You don't know what he's doing right now.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, DC Tom said:

He's not on TV, so he's not addressing the troops?  

Shut the ***** up, idiot.  You don't know what he's doing right now.

Cut him some slack. He's just bummed that WW3 is canceled. Again. He was waiting to cheer it on per his masters' instructions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Is this really the moment for stupid political division?

I hope there are no casualties and this is the end. 

Soleimani was responsible for hundreds of US deaths, and perhaps hundreds of thousands of others.... THAT wasn't enough for you????????????????????

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

has any military attack had a 100% success rate for each piece?

Yes... I was a part of a perfect readiness e v a l many moons ago, first ever, and I doubt ever duplicated but it's possible.. Every piece of ordnance worked, and every target got blown to hell and back... 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hedge said:

We may be done.

this is exactly what I was saying in the other thread. 

Iran is trying to just save face. Their economy is crushed. There’s been -10% GDP in 2019 and it’s going to be worse in 2020. The sanctions have devastated their already fragile economy. Also, a large majority of the citizens hate the ruling regime. They can fight a war with the US, they don’t have the means or the military. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they calculated the attacked to have a low chance of any American casualties. That gives the US an option to not respond and they can claim they responded to that terrorist being killed. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 6