Bills in Playoffs 2 of 5 Seasons in the Pegula Era

7 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Wasn’t Ralph like 0-13 in his final decade +
as team owner?

Yes, but no need to throw turds at him, in my opinion. Everything that happened before is a sunk cost and we’re in good shape now. I love the Pegulas and also appreciate Ralph for keeping them here as long as he did. 

• Like (+1) 4

Is this meant to be a slight to the Pegulas?

We made the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years with the current coaching staff.

Cheer up emo kid.

Not sure if you remember, but we missed the 20 years before that.

Edited by Rigotz
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Ugh. I prefer to imagine the Rex years don’t exist.

Really, can we just pretend the "pompous one" wasn't really here. The bottom line is Terry and Kim realized their mistake going for the splash (bellyflop) HC hire. Now they've selected Sean and Brandon who have returned hope to Buffalo.  And even if you don't agree with everything Ralph did (benching Flutie), he made sure the future of this team and new ownership stay in Buffalo. For that I will be eternally grateful. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Really, can we just pretend the "pompous one" wasn't really here. The bottom line is Terry and Kim realized their mistake going for the splash (bellyflop) HC hire. Now they've selected Sean and Brandon who have returned hope to Buffalo.  And even if you don't agree with everything Ralph did (benching Flutie), he made sure the future of this team and new ownership stay in Buffalo. For that I will be eternally grateful. 

Just feels like when you’ve been dating the high maintenance, always on social media, always shopping, always arguing with people and being toxic girl, only to end up with the more down to earth “girl next door,” kinda nerdy girl. 

?

Could have been 3 if Orton and Coach Marrone had been able to beat the 2-14 Raiders.

That's one of the things I really like about McDermott. He doesn't lose to the duh-huh teams like Buffalo teams in the past have done frequently.

Now if he can just learn to beat good teams ...

55 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Yes, but no need to throw turds at him, in my opinion. Everything that happened before is a sunk cost and we’re in good shape now. I love the Pegulas and also appreciate Ralph for keeping them here as long as he did. 

Yeah but bottom line... he was a terrible owner and much good as he did keeping the Bills in Buffalo, he tarnished the franchise badly after firing Tom Donahoe.

Some of the decisions and hiring that Ralph made were really bad.

12 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Could have been 3 if Orton and Coach Marrone had been able to beat the 2-14 Raiders.

That's one of the things I really like about McDermott. He doesn't lose to the duh-huh teams like Buffalo teams in the past have done frequently.

Now if he can just learn to beat good teams ...

As much as everyone says the Bills “backed into the playoffs” in 2017, they did so by winning enough and beating the teams they should have beaten.  

There’s numerous times in every coaches tenure where teams lost important games.

About beating good teams - they’ll only go so far as their QB

Edited by Phil The Thrill

19 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You can be grateful for some of the philanthropic contributions to WNY but still acknowledge that he truly made some terrible decisions as owner that resulted in One Bills Drive being disfunctional and the laughing stock of the NFL.  

There’s no one more responsible for that terrible 17 year drought than RCW

Edited by Phil The Thrill

2 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

You can be grateful for some of the philanthropic contributions to WNY but still acknowledge that he truly made some terrible decisions as owner that resulted in One Bills Drive being disfunctional and the laughing stock of the NFL.  

There’s no one more responsible for that terrible 17 year drought than RCW

I always blamed Chris Kelsay.  Felt like he was here for the whole 17.

• Haha (+1) 2