Bills add K/P Kaare Vedvik to the futures signings.

MAJBobby

2 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Isn't he the kicker that supposedly has a really strong leg but just lacks accuracy?

Could it be he is the punter and long field goal kicker?

He was supposed to have had a real good training camp/preseason with the Ravens last offseason but was apparently attacked at a bar just before the start of the season and IRd, he was traded to the Vikings this year around the time the Bills played them in the Preseason, he bombed and was released, then picked up for week 1 by the Jets where he was the kicker that missed all the FGs helping the Bills beat the Jets and was later released where I don't think he was picked up afterwards 

He is a Punter & Kicker that teams seem to think can maybe do both for them. I believe  most of his game action has been as a kicker over punter

• Thank you (+1) 1

An average punter in college and comically bad place kicker in his limited NFL time; so I have no idea why the Bills would sign this guy.

There is zero chance that he can outperform either of our solid current kickers so seems pretty silly and pointless to me.

Edited by Mister Defense

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Nice of the Bills to sign the MVP of the first Jets game!!! But it’s a good low risk, high upside signing.  He has a cannon for a leg.  A couple of good teams liked him enough to draft him and trade for him.

......and quickly get rid of him

He is a kicker though and those guys seem to be able to get hot and cold really quickly so who knows, maybe his 4th team will be able to turn him around? Its not like there's a ton of good, consistent kickers just hanging around waiting to be signed out there

39 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

......and quickly get rid of him

He is a kicker though and those guys seem to be able to get hot and cold really quickly so who knows, maybe his 4th team will be able to turn him around? Its not like there's a ton of good, consistent kickers just hanging around waiting to be signed out there

I don’t think he grew up playing football so he is still fairly raw to the game.  But it’s not really that uncommon for kickers/ punters to bounce around before finally becoming good.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t think he grew up playing football so he is still fairly raw to the game.  But it’s not really that uncommon for kickers/ punters to bounce around before finally becoming good.

That is true, even bad ones get bounced around alot before they never get another shot. I would think it's because there are very few people who want to be the kicker and it does take alot of skill to do it well.

4 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

The Bills need a punter.  Bojorquez had way too many shanked punts this season, and isnt nearly as surgical as most NFL punters seem to be.  

This guy isn't really an upgrade though.....

He was being used more for his kicking then punting and his kicking cost the Jets the game in week 1

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

This guy isn't really an upgrade though.....

He was being used more for his kicking then punting and his kicking cost the Jets the game in week 1

Yeah, it doesnt seem that way, but all hands on deck, the more competition the better. 

There has got to be someone out there who can punt better than Bojorquez.  When they punt from opponents' territory, it drives me nuts when they cant pin them in the 10.

Just looked it up, and he had the 33rd "best" average for punts in the league, and 4th worst net average (33rd).  

You should never be in a position to blame a punter for a loss, but I think he played a big part in that Baltimore loss.  

"Vedvik capped his college career impressively in 2017 when he punted and handled kickoff and field goal duties.

He was named First-Team All-Conference USA as a punter after punting 59 times for 2,597 yards (44.0 yards per punt) and placing 26 of the 59 inside the 20-yard line.

Opponents returned just 16 of the 59 punts for a meager total of 62 yards, which helped Vedvik rank in the top 10 for fewest punt return yards allowed by punters with at least 55 attempts.

Vedvik’s punting prowess was highlighted by a 92-yard effort against Old Dominion on Oct. 14, 2017, the seventh-longest punt in FBS history and longest by an FBS punter in 45 years.

Additionally, Vedvik averaged 63.6 yards per kickoff and recorded touchbacks on 32 of 60 kickoffs.

He made 10 of 16 field goals and 41 of 42 extra points."

From what I have seen, he seems to be focusing on just punting in the NFL.

Some more:

"Vedvik totaled 33 points for the Ravens during the 2018 preseason, which ranked fourth in the NFL.

He was 8-for-9 on field goals and 9-for-9 on extra points. Vedvik’s only miss was from 53 yards. His long was from 56, and it occurred in the preseason finale.

Between the preseason finale and final roster reductions, Vedvik was a victim in a late-night assault in Baltimore. His injuries led the Ravens to place him on Reserve/Non-Football Injury, and Vedvik worked his way back to his 2019 preseason debut last Thursday against Jacksonville.

Vedvik went 4-for-4 on field goals and 2-for-2 on extra points. His 14 points lead the NFL this preseason. He was successful on kicks from 55, 45, 26 and 29 yards.

Vedvik averaged 55.5 yards on two punts with a long of 58 and a net of 48.0.

He also handled six kickoffs after three-time All-Pro Justin Tucker handled the Ravens first two kickoffs of the game."