Josh Allen outplayed Tom Brady on Wildcard Weekend

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

I hope so....

As do I. I want him to play as long as possible because it will be a sweet feeling seeing him get worse and worse. But I wanted the perspective of a Pats fan.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Josh Allen was disturbingly bad in the second half of the playoff game, in which he made numerous errors he has made all season and was supposed to have "learned from" already.  

The denial around here is just over the top.

If you want to compare the QBs, compare their SB appearances and wins record.

2 hours ago, teef said:

and your insistence that josh is trash and can't possibly improve is over the top.

honest question:  do you think josh improved from year one to year two?

48 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Did you get a response yet to this question?

bored stephen colbert GIF

22 minutes ago, teef said:

200.webp?cid=790b761133738372859f887414d

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Do you think Brady will be back?

If he comes back it will be at BB's price. They have about 50 million in cap which includes the 6.75 he is on the books for. My guess is it will be about 16-18. I could also see bill going with stidham an allocating money to for depth on the oline, te and more receivers.

53 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

If he comes back it will be at BB's price. They have about 50 million in cap which includes the 6.75 he is on the books for. My guess is it will be about 16-18. I could also see bill going with stidham an allocating money to for depth on the oline, te and more receivers.

I don't see that because Brady would be admitting that he's a lower tier starting QB with that paltry $$

Why are you shorting your team a title in your avatar?  We all suffered through all 6... Might as well display them all

16 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I don't see that because Brady would be admitting that he's a lower tier starting QB with that paltry $$

Why are you shorting your team a title in your avatar?  We all suffered through all 6... Might as well display them all

I cant see Brady at this stage wanting to start over with another system, plus who is going to give him a 2 year 50 mil contract.

Edited by Chris66

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

I cant see Brady at this stage wanting to start over with another system, plus who is going to give him a 2 year 50 mil contract.

Thank you for updating your avatar!

The thing is... If you're Brady you know BB will want you to hand off and manage the game, because he switched to that approach at the end of 2018 when Gronk was still there. He isn't going back to throwing it with a 43 year old QB 2 years later.

Chargers are desperate for some hype. They could overpay Brady and let him bring his nutty friend AB with him.

Edited by TheFunPolice

6 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Josh Allen: (on the road against a division champion in his first playoff game of his career)

Total yards: 372 

Turnovers: 1 (fumble that led to a FG)

24/46 (52%)

264 yards passing

92 yards rushing

16 yards receiving

accounted for 1 TD (receiving) 

Tom Brady: (at home against the 6th seed in his 40th playoff game of his 20 year NFL career)

Total yards: 209

Turnovers: 1 (pick 6) 

20/37 (54%)

209 yards passing

0 yards rushing

0 yards receiving

accounted for 0 TD

There are no "yeah buts." 

Yeah but Brady had the higher completion % ?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Josh Allen was disturbingly bad in the second half of the playoff game, in which he made numerous errors he has made all season and was supposed to have "learned from" already.  

The denial around here is just over the top.

If you want to compare the QBs, compare their SB appearances and wins record.

Let's not forget Josh could easily have had 3 fumbles lost and 2 ints. One of the potential ints would've been an easy pick 6. Josh will be great someday but we will have to live with Dr Jekyll and Mr Allen a bit longer.  

29 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Let's not forget Josh could easily have had 3 fumbles lost and 2 ints. One of the potential ints would've been an easy pick 6. Josh will be great someday but we will have to live with Dr Jekyll and Mr Allen a bit longer.  

He had a few head scratchers.  The lateral had no effect.  The grounding he needed to throw the ball away quick.  The fourth and 27 he was trying to get them into FG range.  And the fumble was the one that hurt because it cost us 3 points.

On the other hand he led them down the field twice in the fourth quarter to get them in place to get a tying or go ahead score.  The drive before the grounding call was good.  The drive with a minute left and no TOS was good.  The drive in OT probably wins if Ford doesn’t get flagged.  So let’s not forget those either.

The other stuff on what could have been is just that:  could have been.  We can play that game all day.  Watson should have been picked by Neal for example.  

7 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

It's a nice illustration of the fact that Allen had a better game than many realize. 

He was very good in the first half. Im not an Allen lover. But the second half reminded me why I havent bought in. Serious question since I'm done with football until free agency... was he better than any of the qbs that won?

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

And Logan Ryan dropped an easy pick 6 served up by Brady right before the half

Could've would've is part of the game. 

9 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Josh Allen: (on the road against a division champion in his first playoff game of his career)

Total yards: 372 

Turnovers: 1 (fumble that led to a FG)

24/46 (52%)

264 yards passing

92 yards rushing

16 yards receiving

accounted for 1 TD (receiving) 

Tom Brady: (at home against the 6th seed in his 40th playoff game of his 20 year NFL career)

Total yards: 209

Turnovers: 1 (pick 6) 

20/37 (54%)

209 yards passing

0 yards rushing

0 yards receiving

accounted for 0 TD

There are no "yeah buts." 

Lmao really? Comparing a young player to a 42 year old future HOFer?  His turnover came with 15 seconds left and deflected off his receivers hands! He had numerous drops and he threw the ball away a lot when it wasn’t there.. a case where stats don’t show the whole story. Brady played well the play calling was awful in the loss.  (Sony was matching Henry for rushing in the first half then They run only 6 times in the second half down only 1??) 

mind you Allen also had a good game but I’d say his turnover was a lot more costly than Brady’s pick 6.  

8 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lmao really? Comparing a young player to a 42 year old future HOFer?  His turnover came with 15 seconds left and deflected off his receivers hands! He had numerous drops and he threw the ball away a lot when it wasn’t there.. a case where stats don’t show the whole story. Brady played well the play calling was awful in the loss.  (Sony was matching Henry for rushing in the first half then They run only 6 times in the second half down only 1??) 

mind you Allen also had a good game but I’d say his turnover was a lot more costly than Brady’s pick 6.  

This looks like something a Patriots fan would write on a Patriots fan board.

Something's not adding up.

If TB12-Cheater retires... His last play will have been a Pick-6.

Fitting for the consummate phone smasher and balls deflator.

27 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

We need to stop comparing our future to another teams past. 

I like your style.

You obviously don't live in the 2020 #MeToo world.

• Thank you (+1) 1