Small Town office dilemma

BringBackFergy

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

I have no life, so I need an update on the Small Town office dilemma.

LOL. She has been in several times since last update. She takes a comfortable seat next to the staff and talks while they work. I think she actually enjoys telling her stories about what is happening in town while my assistants go about their tasks and give the occasional “uh huh” and “oh really”. I walk into the foyer and she just keeps talking. Yeah, I’m not very intimidating. 

It is so wonderful to finally see Fergy come around and realize the value that interacting with others can bring.  Pushing boilerplate documents around all day can get pretty stressful and tiring... And very boring.  Glad he didn't use one of his cease and desist letters on that poor sweet lady.  I bet she tells wonderful stories... I like people like that.  Real talkers in an otherwise unoriginal existence.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Guffalo said:

Why do I get the image of Aunt Bea wandering along the streets of Mayberry stopping in various places while Fergy is the Andy Griffith of the story. You need a Barney Fife to put this woman in her place. 

Agreed.  Nip it in the bud.  (Although that moment has long since gone.)

12 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

LOL. She has been in several times since last update. She takes a comfortable seat next to the staff and talks while they work. I think she actually enjoys telling her stories about what is happening in town while my assistants go about their tasks and give the occasional “uh huh” and “oh really”. I walk into the foyer and she just keeps talking. Yeah, I’m not very intimidating. 

Remove the comfortable seat.

12 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It is so wonderful to finally see Fergy come around and realize the value that interacting with others can bring.  Pushing boilerplate documents around all day can get pretty stressful and tiring... And very boring.  Glad he didn't use one of his cease and desist letters on that poor sweet lady.  I bet she tells wonderful stories... I like people like that.  Real talkers in an otherwise unoriginal existence.

Lol, one way to look at it

Corporations keep suppressing individuality more and more 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Lol, one way to look at it

Corporations keep suppressing individuality more and more 

Worker production is about 8% higher than stagnant wages at this current time in the US.

@BringBackFergy gets 50% more worker production.  @Gugny gets 90% over his slave wages and he as a "leader of people" still doesn't think that is good enough!  Fergy is coming around, hid secretarial staff production is lower than Head Junta Gug, but he can live with the 50% higher production over the pittance he offers.

Oh... Those two will think they can take these shoutouts and run roughshod over me... But, no sirree!  Even as a gov't worker my wages are still lower than my output... Hard to believe and crazy, right...

#TheTruthHurtz

#BeKind2Vagrants

#GovtWorkersCleanUpPrivateIndustriesMesses

#FreeTheCarp

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/11/2020 at 3:44 PM, BringBackFergy said:

She is definitely on the scale somehow. That’s why I feel bad about coming right out and saying “we’re too busy for you”. As Gugny said above, I will probably take the middle ground and ask her to take a seat for a few minutes while we finish some things up, then let her talk after that for 5-10 mins, then tell her we have to get back to work on an emergency file. Trying to handle it with kid gloves to some extent. 

Let this work FOR you! Let her cater lunch every day. Lunch is over - back to work!  :)

This sounds like a real thing for you. Mrs Augie and I had this conversation just yesterday. Where did all this ADHD and autism stuff come from? I don’t remember this as a kid. Did I not notice, or is it exploding? Way back when, we just all grew up at different rates.

The girl up the road who probably had 1600 on the SAT and went to law school AND medical school (for fun) walked by our place headed for the pool....already wearing both her flippers and her mask. 

Are things really that different, or do we just label it more? 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

she probably would love it.

*Considering if she's homeless...

Hopefully, it makes:

@BringBackFergy , feel like a bigger heel than he already is with her.  But... He's coming around to accept what part she plays in Small Town, U.S.A.  Hopefully, the enlightened ones in this thread, like others and myself, have shown Mr.Ferguson, Esq. the "light."

Gotta hand it to him... First step to resolving a personal flaw is to seek help and admit to that flaw, and that this thread does achieve!

*[Thank You Fergy, that will another billable 1 hour of my services.  I will take my fee for service at the end of each month].

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Augie said:

I tend to wonder this a lot as well.  Environmental factors at play or just diagnosis has gotten so sophisticated over the years to pin point everyone’s quirks?

Its funny though when I read on historical figures like Einstein for example.  Apparently he’s had every mental disorder possible.  Kids with Aspergers can claim they have Einstein. ?

Whatever helps with confidence I say 

• 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, mayalison said:

I relate to this so much. I have a small business, small team. Spent a great deal of time looking for a cozy small office

Do you kick the elderly out of your office because they "smell funny" like the OP does?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beerball said:

Do you kick the elderly out of your office because they "smell funny" like the OP does?

I do not!! I love the elderly. This particular person has looked at my door every day during and since the pandemic waiting for me to take the “No Walk In Appointments. Sorry” sign down. I took it down for a day, she came in, and the staff asked me to put another sign up right away. I feel rotten. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/16/2020 at 11:46 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Read this article, then do the opposite of everything they recommend.

CONSIDERATIONS WHEN SETTING UP A WAITING ROOM

On 2/18/2020 at 12:04 AM, Augie said:

Where did all this ADHD and autism stuff come from? I don’t remember this as a kid. Did I not notice, or is it exploding? Way back when, we just all grew up at different rates.

We adapted our behavior to how people were expected to act, instead of just being ourselves. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.