Small Town office dilemma

BringBackFergy

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They probably kick her out of there?  At wife's library... It's medium sized town... About 20k people... There are some real dousy's.   Mostly harmless, some homeless... Some have to be banned when they don't take their meds.

Oh... BTW... I met my wife working at the BECPL... LoL... Look how that turned out!

Looks like it turned out great for you but probably bad for her?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

After reading the thread, this is a complicated problem to solve.

My advice would be for you (and only you) to take her out for a cup of coffee, doughnut or whatever, and give her a half hour of your time.  During this sit down, explain to her that you and your colleagues (call them by their names) are quite busy and need all the time they can get to do their work but that she's more than welcome to stop by once a week to see how things are going.

With this approach, you personalize a soft landing.  She feels like a part of the "team" but you're also setting a boundary and an expectation.  

It may not work, but at that point, you were the best diplomat you could possibly be and you also didn't leave it in the hands of your coworkers to solve on their own.  Sometimes people are lonely and they need to feel a part of something.  

Edited by dpberr
  • Like (+1) 2

On 1/7/2020 at 12:55 PM, Jauronimo said:

Instruct your admins to tell this woman that they were recently chastised by the boss for spending too much time with personal conversations at the expense of work and she will get them both in hot water.

Fergy ends up with 3 chicks in a hot tub.  Well played j-mo. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 1/7/2020 at 4:06 PM, The Poojer said:

What's a secretary????

From Wonder Woman film:

Etta Candy:  “I’m at Steve Trevor’s secretary.”
Diana/Wonder Woman:  “What is a secretary?"
Etta:  “I go where he tells me to go and I do what he tells me to do."
Diana:  “Well, where I’m from that’s called slavery.”
Etta:  “I really like her!”

On 1/7/2020 at 8:36 PM, Another Fan said:

I somewhat wonder if the person the OP is describing might have Autism or Asperger's.  I mean it sounds like she has some traits:  

For example not picking up on social cues at all.  I'd imagine most people can take subtle hints that aren't readily apparent to this individual.

Oh so WEO has Autism or Asperger and cannot pick up clues he is not wanted.  

I just assumed he was how he acted - an idiot troll unwelcome on his team's boards so he came here.  Completely fits definition of charity case.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

From Wonder Woman film:

Etta Candy:  “I’m at Steve Trevor’s secretary.”
Diana/Wonder Woman:  “What is a secretary?"
Etta:  “I go where he tells me to go and I do what he tells me to do."
Diana:  “Well, where I’m from that’s called slavery.”
Etta:  “I really like her!”

Oh so WEO has Autism or Asperger and cannot pick up clues he is not wanted.  

I just assumed he was how he acted - an idiot troll unwelcome on his team's boards so he came here.  Completely fits definition of charity case.

you just sound bitter, limeaid 

• Like (+1) 1

Have you ruled out the sniper? Or do you just not want to comment publicly? That would be wise.......not to comment. 

If you’re feeling more generous, you could give her some Ex-Lax brownies every time she showed up!  That “corrected the behavior” of some girls who used to steal my mother’s lunch from her locker in high school. You do NOT want to mess with my mother! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.