Small Town office dilemma

BringBackFergy

On 3/15/2022 at 4:29 PM, BringBackFergy said:

You have no clue: there's the library board, the upcoming sewer district meeting, the fundraiser for a guy in town who had a stroke, and of course, the Fourth of July parade.  A lot of chit is going on.

This lovely lady certainly appears to be civically minded and philanthropic.  You @BringBackFergy are the antithesis of The Office Lady. Shame on you, young man. Shame.

2 hours ago, Beerball said:

This lovely lady certainly appears to be civically minded and philanthropic.  You @BringBackFergy are the antithesis of The Office Lady. Shame on you, young man. Shame.

I’m this close (holding my fingers apart one Gugny) to giving her an Ohio cell number to call as a 24 hour/day help line. 

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You ever considered working a 23:00-07:00 shift at the office?

She’s an early riser. Not sure she even sleeps. 

25 minutes ago, Beerball said:

#1. He works 3 hours a day.

#2. He would need 4 naps a day to survive that.

I definitely need a nap after she visits. Talks a mile a minute….about mundane topics. It’s as exhausting as watching/discussing MLB. 

Idk about NY State but this thread to me demonstrates the lack of group homes/support services for people like this.  Someone disabled or what not but not old enough for senior care.

There I say it if I lived in NY State I’d rather my tax money go to group homes versus an 850 million dollar stadium 

The accountant/tax office I go to, has kept their doors locked ever since Covid started.  Your only interaction with them is dropping the tax forms through a slot in the door.  Pick up is the only time they open the door, and it's only to take your payment and hand you your stuff.  You don't even get to come inside.  Maybe do something like that? 

40 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Idk about NY State but this thread to me demonstrates the lack of group homes/support services for people like this.  Someone disabled or what not but not old enough for senior care.

There I say it if I lived in NY State I’d rather my tax money go to group homes versus an 850 million dollar stadium 

She isn’t severely mentally handicapped. Just lacks a little self awareness. 

7 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

The accountant/tax office I go to, has kept their doors locked ever since Covid started.  Your only interaction with them is dropping the tax forms through a slot in the door.  Pick up is the only time they open the door, and it's only to take your payment and hand you your stuff.  You don't even get to come inside.  Maybe do something like that? 

I did that for the last two years. I have a lot of “paying” clients that I don’t mind walking in. She is not a paying client. Just a small town busy body who thinks it’s acceptable to walk in and talk to my salaried employees about inconsequential town gossip. I’m caught in the middle. 

24 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I did that for the last two years. I have a lot of “paying” clients that I don’t mind walking in. She is not a paying client. Just a small town busy body who thinks it’s acceptable to walk in and talk to my salaried employees about inconsequential town gossip. I’m caught in the middle. 

What if you try wearing your Joe Mixon jersey?

On 1/7/2020 at 12:21 PM, BringBackFergy said:

There's this one lady that walks in off the street and talks to my secretaries for 20-30 minutes every other day or so...it's soooo frustrating. My office is upstairs and I can hear her talk and talk about stuff around town.

My secretaries try their best to "politely" break the conversation but she keeps going. I've even called my own office phone number on my cell phone upstairs, it rings through and one secretary answers the phone (to indicate she's busy) but she continues talking to the other secretary.

One of my secretaries has hidden under her desk when she sees her coming across the street to my office. The other runs to the bathroom. She announces her appearance and then I go down and talk with her for ten mins until the phone rings (from my secretary on her cell phone under her desk) and it is dead silence. I have to pretend I'm talking to someone. She waits for three or four minutes until I start jotting down notes on paper indicating the call will take awhile.

She's also a doorway diddler: "Well, just thought I'd stop in and give you an update. I have to go now...(door halfway open and cold air rushes in)....ohh, I forgot to tell you, the town is planning a....blah, blah, blah"

I may need some advice on how best to stop this treachery. Any other horror stories out there like this one?

Just shoot the woman dead and represent yourself on a 1st degree murder charge.  The DA will be using this thread as evidence of preplanned murder.

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What if you try wearing your Joe Mixon jersey?

Either that or my Ray Rice with blood stains. 

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Just shoot the woman dead and represent yourself on a 1st degree murder charge.  The DA will be using this thread as evidence of preplanned murder.

I have an affirmative defense. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

You do realize that your talking about the OP’s mother, right? She has a home with him already.

Happen to see this whole thread today.  It is a tough one.  My thought is to try and create an amicable solution to reduce or eliminate the visits...   It would start when your staff sees her approaching your business.  You (or staff - but way better if you the first time(s), steps outside before she enters and say: "We have had clients complaining they can tell when the staff is having another conversation (acknowledging you and/or them hearing you) while we are on the phone with them and it is causing the staff stress - you don't want to cause stress to the staff do you?" This way it is the clients being the Bad Guy - not you...adding "We appreciate your updates but we already subscribe to the Town's Home Page so aware of the events coming up.  If you want to send us an email with your updates - here is my (hand written) email address - just type up what you need to share and email me...if i have any questions - i will reply. If there is information the staff need to be aware of to maintain our business progress,  I will forward your email to my staff and we will reply with any questions or comments.  Also - just send one email max a day and between the hours of 3-4 PM.  We are busy and hope you can appreciate these are our working hours and need to use all of our time during business hours strictly to business. " If she insists on coming in - say can you keep it to 1 minute? if she says Yes - then 1 minute it is. At the end of the minute just say - time is up for today -  see you later or  Your staff can point to the phone like they are stuck on a call and make the face, and point outside  like - you have to go.  If that fails - say she needs to pay $325/hour to offset my staff's OT/office utility expense to stay open longer  so they can catch up - We accept MC/Visa or AmEX 

This may not work at all but the email idea let's her be social and keeps her from talking up too much time. If she doesn't have a computer - oh well- she can go to the library to email it or hand write a letter that you can save -  It'll make a great Netflix series some day lol

Wishing you The Best!

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Any chance this broad’s name is Ennifer?  Has she ever mentioned recipes she uses heavy on sage as an ingredient?  If so, DO NOT eat them.  The sage is not what you think.

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Any chance this broad’s name is Ennifer?  Has she ever mentioned recipes she uses heavy on sage as an ingredient?  If so, DO NOT eat them.  The sage is not what you think.

She has not made anything for us. She has, however, delivered gifts (re-gifts) to the ladies in the office. She feels like she’s part of the family. 

13 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

She has not made anything for us. She has, however, delivered gifts (re-gifts) to the ladies in the office. She feels like she’s part of the family. 

Have you asked her to do horizontal rodeo with you? It’s scared off every other woman in your life. Why do you think it would fail now?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.