Small Town office dilemma

BringBackFergy

12 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I took it down for a day, she came in, and the staff asked me to put another sign up right away. I feel rotten. 

Don't you ever bust my balls again for firing anyone.

12 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I do not!! I love the elderly. This particular person has looked at my door every day during and since the pandemic waiting for me to take the “No Walk In Appointments. Sorry” sign down. I took it down for a day, she came in, and the staff asked me to put another sign up right away. I feel rotten. 

Would you feel more rotten firing a staff member because revenue went down because they were busy chatting rather than working? No.

Nothing to feel rotten about. If you have time suggest other places she could go chat and donate her time since she has so much of it.

23 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Would you feel more rotten firing a staff member because revenue went down because they were busy chatting rather than working? No.

Nothing to feel rotten about. If you have time suggest other places she could go chat and donate her time since she has so much of it.

He's not talking about an employee, though.

This is an elderly widow who lost her husband and children in a freak accident at the Washington County Fair.

You wouldn't think throwing darts at balloons could turn tragic, but ....

Anyway ... this woman just needs an ear.

Edited by Gugny

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He's not talking about an employee, though.

This is an elderly widow who lost her husband and children in a freak accident at the Washington County Fair.

You wouldn't think throwing darts at balloons could turn tragic, but ....

Anyway ... this woman just needs an ear.

I am aware of story just believe she should be redirected to someplace else where her willingness to chat would be more useful.

Maybe a Retirement Home where some residents may not have had a visitors for a while.

11 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Read this article, then do the opposite of everything they recommend.

CONSIDERATIONS WHEN SETTING UP A WAITING ROOM

We adapted our behavior to how people were expected to act, instead of just being ourselves. 

Kinda reminds me of back when a pedestrian or cyclist would look both ways before entering a street full of 3,600 pound vehicles doing 44mph.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I am aware of story just believe she should be redirected to someplace else where her willingness to chat would be more useful.

Maybe a Retirement Home where some residents may not have had a visitors for a while.

How about the Public Library... But they probably shut that down in town 🙄😒 to get people to spend at a local business. 

Unfortunately,  guys like @BringBackFergy are the Village Commons now. Sad, but doable... Such a small town, I am sure they can accommodate her and still be productive, viable.  

That's my take...

On 1/7/2020 at 12:21 PM, BringBackFergy said:

There's this one lady that walks in off the street and talks to my secretaries for 20-30 minutes every other day or so...it's soooo frustrating. My office is upstairs and I can hear her talk and talk about stuff around town.

My secretaries try their best to "politely" break the conversation but she keeps going. I've even called my own office phone number on my cell phone upstairs, it rings through and one secretary answers the phone (to indicate she's busy) but she continues talking to the other secretary.

One of my secretaries has hidden under her desk when she sees her coming across the street to my office. The other runs to the bathroom. She announces her appearance and then I go down and talk with her for ten mins until the phone rings (from my secretary on her cell phone under her desk) and it is dead silence. I have to pretend I'm talking to someone. She waits for three or four minutes until I start jotting down notes on paper indicating the call will take awhile.

She's also a doorway diddler: "Well, just thought I'd stop in and give you an update. I have to go now...(door halfway open and cold air rushes in)....ohh, I forgot to tell you, the town is planning a....blah, blah, blah"

I may need some advice on how best to stop this treachery. Any other horror stories out there like this one?

Any update on this?

8 minutes ago, Beerball said:

Any update on this?

She’s still prowling around Main Street…the new sign I put on the door seems to be keeping her at bay. That doesn’t stop her from walking by and screaming through the glass door to say “Hi” to everyone. 

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

She’s still prowling around Main Street…the new sign I put on the door seems to be keeping her at bay. That doesn’t stop her from walking by and screaming through the glass door to say “Hi” to everyone. 

Just to clarify, this women is your mother, correct?

• Haha (+1) 2

• 7 months later...
5 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

And hopefully, there's lots to catch up on!  😁

You have no clue: there's the library board, the upcoming sewer district meeting, the fundraiser for a guy in town who had a stroke, and of course, the Fourth of July parade.  A lot of chit is going on.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

You have no clue: there's the library board, the upcoming sewer district meeting, the fundraiser for a guy in town who had a stroke, and of course, the Fourth of July parade.  A lot of chit is going on.

A fundraiser for Robert Kraft?!  He's rich enough already! 😠

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.