Giants hiring Joe Judge as HC

YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Yep and ST coaches can make some of the best HCs because they are used to leading both offense and defensive players as well as the ST 

Yeah - i wonder when dave toub is going to get a shot.  You're also coaching up a lot of young guys, backups, fundamentals etc. 

Edited by dneveu

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Belichick has been grooming him for HC. Could be the next John Harbaugh. Glad he’s leaving the pats 

LOL - Bills Simmons just tweeted a sarcastic congrats to Giants fans for hiring such a bad WR coach.   Typical Patriots fan; doesn't even know his own team outside of Brady & BB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Success said:

I read about him this week, and it could be a surprisingly good hire. He's one of those guys who is absolutely obsessed w/ football, and pretty well respected in the inner circles of the league for a position coach.  We'll see how it pans out.

Regardless, it's good to see the Pats lose assets.  I hope more coaches follow.

Yep,  they're trying to hit on the next John Harbaugh.  Solid ST coach, good communicator, high football IQ... can't rip this selection.

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep and ST coaches can make some of the best HCs because they are used to leading both offense and defensive players as well as the ST 

Hmm. I'm assuming there are far less examples of great successful head coaches from special teams than there are from the offense or defense (strictly volume). Not because they have a lower success rate, but because it is much more rare for them to get a shot. Maybe they have a higher success rate and that may be because you don't even get a shot as a special teams coach unless you are head and shoulders above and beyond other coaches.

Still, the Giants have not been making any moves lately that inspire confidence. So I'm going to assume that this is going to be another spectacular failure.

Edited by MJS

Wow - Patriots fans are clueless!  At least the internet ones. I was checking some of the boards, and the majority sentiment is that he was their WR coach, the WR's were terrible, so good riddance.

How can you be a fan of a team and not know he was mainly their ST coach?

That fanbase.  They really don't deserve that team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Success said:

Wow - Patriots fans are clueless!  At least the internet ones. I was checking some of the boards, and the majority sentiment is that he was their WR coach, the WR's were terrible, so good riddance.

That is amazing to me

50 minutes ago, Success said:

They DO deserve the years of mediocrity that are coming though!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Let's slow the roll on danny dimes

I hear ya - who knows how he'll turn out.  But he was definitely better than expected this past year, and looked excellent at times.

I just remember the insane ridicule Gettleman got when they made that pick, and how the "experts" everywhere said he should have taken Haskins.  Haskins may still turn out to be very good, but unless people spend their lives watching film, they don't know anything close to what people in the draft room know.  Sports fandom & punditry has become rife with ill-informed hot takes and immediate judgments.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I hear ya - who knows how he'll turn out.  But he was definitely better than expected this past year, and looked excellent at times.

I just remember the insane ridicule Gettleman got when they made that pick, and how the "experts" everywhere said he should have taken Haskins.  Haskins may still turn out to be very good, but unless people spend their lives watching film, they don't know anything close to what people in the draft room know.  Sports fandom & punditry has become rife with ill-informed hot takes and immediate judgments.

Yep. One need only look at the ***** our guy takes on a daily basis both here and elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1