Giants hiring Joe Judge as HC

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

He already was a head coach in KC for 5 seasons and coached in the USFL & CFL, so anyone saying Marv Who wasn't paying attention. 

Also interesting was under Bill Polian's writeup in the 1986 media guide, before Marv was hired was the following:  "Polian joined the Bills in August of 1984 after working for one year as player personnel director of the USFL Chicago Blitz.  In Chicago, Polian was associated with head coach Marv Levy, with whom he had previously worked in both Montreal of the Canadian League, as a U.S. scout during the 1976-77 seasons and Kansas City, as a pro scout from 1978-1982."  So if you had the 1986 media guide, you could have figured out that Polian was going to bring in Marv as soon as he had enough of an excuse to fire Hank Bullough.  

Maybe more Marv why?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

I made that post before I saw that he had previously been a coordinator. I do think head coaches should have experience as a coordinator before getting the job, not just as a positional coach. My comment was not about special teams. My comment was about him being a WR positional coach.

Noted. 

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He only picked up the WR group after Chad O’Shea left for Miami too. He’s an up and comer. Was going to be hires at Miss St and Giants got him first 

Do you think he would have had other NFL teams interested in him as a head coach this season? The Giants seem like a big step up from Miss St. Tough for me to trust the Giants on this one. I didn’t like the Barkley or Jones pick, and Pats assistants have little track record of success. 

Edited by SirAndrew

7 hours ago, Success said:

Giants are already getting roasted on twitter - I love how sports fans rush to judgment immediately.  Everyone saying that WR was the worst position for the Pats, without understanding that Judge also coached their special teams, which were spectacular.

Remember when they got slammed for picking Danny Jones?

Yup, I don't know why people rush to judgment every time a coach is hired. I actually trust this kind of hire more than I would trust the "hot names" that pop up. Personally I think most teams look for the wrong coaching skills. Forget the best coordinator or whatever. Find me a leader of men that has good networking skills and knows the game inside and out.

Any loss for the Cheaters* is good news.

If he’s the guy who called for the deciding blocked punt/TD against us in the first game, he deserves what the NYC media will give him at his New Jersey employer. Karma, baby! No longer under the devil’s umbrella while the %$#@ rains down on you. :)

7 hours ago, Success said:

Giants are already getting roasted on twitter - I love how sports fans rush to judgment immediately.  Everyone saying that WR was the worst position for the Pats, without understanding that Judge also coached their special teams, which were spectacular.

Remember when they got slammed for picking Danny Jones?

And more importantly that evaluating either only says so much about his HC potential 

Maybe it must be because NFL teams make tons off profit no matter how bad the teams are, a lot of NFL owners can make a series of dumb decisions without consequence.

Obviously legendary grifter Jimmy "Flying J" Haslam is the worst off them.  Then Snyder comes to mind.  Time to put the sainted Mara's in this category.  Look a the mess they have made since they, with the least "classiness" possible, showed Tom Couhglin the door.  Ben McAdoo, Shurmur for 2 seasons and now the New Brian Daboll--some nobody from NE.  And keeping their slow adult GM.

The Jets seem well run in comparison.