Giants hiring Joe Judge as HC

YoloinOhio

This is the kind of hire I’m hesitant to critique cause guys like this can come out of nowhere and be studs (John Harbaugh comes to mind)... that being said, it’s hard to give this franchise the benefit of the doubt as they’ve been a steaming pile of poo lately.... so I don’t know what to think.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Success said:

Giants are already getting roasted on twitter - I love how sports fans rush to judgment immediately.  Everyone saying that WR was the worst position for the Pats, without understanding that Judge also coached their special teams, which were spectacular.

Remember when they got slammed for picking Danny Jones?

He only picked up the WR group after Chad O’Shea left for Miami too. He’s an up and comer. Was going to be hires at Miss St and Giants got him first 

1 minute ago, Success said:

Giants are already getting roasted on twitter - I love how sports fans rush to judgment immediately.  Everyone saying that WR was the worst position for the Pats, without understanding that Judge also coached their special teams, which were spectacular.

Remember when they got slammed for picking Danny Jones?

Belichick has been grooming him for HC. Could be the next John Harbaugh. Glad he’s leaving the pats 

• Like (+1) 2

You have to hand it to Gettleman, he's willing to stand by his convictions. He was widely panned for not only picking Daniel Jones but for trading up to pick him as well. Time will tell how good/bad that turns out, but I think most people would agree that the Jones pick looks a heck of a lot better now than it did on draft night.

This feels like the same type of choice.

Judge, who’s still coaching special teamers, brings a fiery passion to the field. The coach has no problem with lighting up one of his players or using expletives on the practice field. It’s a different style than that of the previous receiver coach Chad O’Shea, who’s now the Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator.

“It’s definitely a different vibe,” Julian Edelman said. “It’s my first new coach. Joe Judge is a very passionate guy. He works very hard at his craft. It’s exciting to have him. He’s been doing a good job. I’m excited to have him.

Judge may be a little louder than the man he replaced, but his players respect him.

“Good. He’s knowledge. Just like anything else, that’s my coach,” said Braxton Berrios. “They’re both great coaches. Each might have their own way to delegate what we have to do, but at the end of the day, that’s my coach and I like it.”

Edited by Like A Mofo

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

He’s been the special teams coach in NE for years... that isn’t something to look down on.

The last ST coach hired? John Harbaugh. That's where Marv Levy made his name too. 

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Not a fan of hiring position coaches as head coaches.

He was the ST coach. Just like John Harbaugh. 

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Not a fan of hiring position coaches as head coaches.

Then how do they get there? What HC hasnt been a position coach?

edit: oh, you mean as opposed to Coordinators? that makes more sense. But this guy was the ST Coordinator for a while.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

When I google I read he is their ST coordinator rather than a 1 year WR coach. That makes a little more sense. Their Special Teams have been excellent for a long time. 

He has been their ST coach since 2015. He was hired as assistant ST coach in 2013.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Then how do they get there? What HC hasnt been a position coach?

Not worth debating - he's not primarily a position coach!

Just now, dneveu said:

Pretty solidly coached unit.  Multiple blocks this year - coached slater and ebner into studs.  I think MAYBE they're going for someone who just... leads? Maybe?

Yep and ST coaches can make some of the best HCs because they are used to leading both offense and defensive players as well as the ST 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, wppete said:

Crazy! The only good thing here is that more coaches are leaving from the Patriots. Hope McDaniels is next and Bellichick gets suspended for his chronic cheating. Brady is done. 

I want McDaniels to go HIS play calling cost the Pats the Miami AND Titans game this year. 

as For BB he isn’t be suspended especially since the league already said they found no connection between the videographer and Pats football Operations.. doesn’t mean a punishment isn’t coming just that him being suspended isn’t gonna happen.