My Offseason Primer, Position Group: QB

MAJBobby

I don't think you touch the QB room at all. Barkley is fine as a backup when he plays with the starters. I mean, he damn near won that first game against New England, everyone seems to forget about that.

If Josh looks similar or worse than he did this year, then we can discuss this topic at length I'm sure.

If we change backup QB's  (IF), and we are looking at the field of available options, I think looking for the backup should consider who might have a similar style...that is a pass/run threat.  Barley won't run....and it changes the calculus of the O system a lot, especially if Josh goes down during a game.

I watch Allen and see Aaron Rodgers. People forget Rodgers was allowed to sit and learn for a couple of years. Allen has been learning on the job. Sometimes it looks awkward but my goodness the talent is obvious. That being said I think NFL teams should draft a QB every year. You never know when you might find a gem that could be trade capital. 

Actually I didnt even bother reading the OP stuff when I saw it literally went through other available guys youd never get..My take Joah is the #1 Qb here I bet the Bills look at a upgrade as the backup over barkley. thats it the end.,..if it comes at the right PRICE they would probably make the move..if not they stick with what they got.

On 1/7/2020 at 11:11 AM, Kelly the Dog said:

Both the coach and GM love Allen (as do I) and he is going to be here awhile.

I think we need an immediate upgrade at backup QB, although I believe that Barkley has helped Josh. Mariotta or Dalton would be great, IMO, although I don't think we get them.

Chad Henne would interest me as a backup.

Dalton....I'm not sure what's happened to Dalton.  He reminds me of Matt Schaub, someone whose arm just went limp or something? 

Looks to me like Allen is going to develop into an above average starting QB and quite possibly a franchise guy. I get that a veteran presence can be helpful but I'd like to see the Bills draft a young prospect as often as they have the resources available to fairly develop one or get a good idea what exactly the serviceability and upside of the player might be. Minshew was a sixth rd pick and looks like he can play. 

I want to see what Josh Allen can do with more(better) weapons. He improved a lot this year, and I think he will continue to improve.

I'm fine with Barkley as the back-up, but I'm not against upgrading the position. Chad Henne would be a nice addition, and if Andy Dalton becomes available, see if he can be brought in.