No NFL Interest in Roman?

H2o

So far you have 3 of the HC spots locked up with Washington, Dallas, and Carolina now getting "their guy" to run the show. That leaves Cleveland and NY. I'm surprised Roman hasn't gotten much chatter because of what he has done with Jackson and that Ravens offense this year. I can't really see him going to Cleveland or NY either with the style of offense he runs. This is surprising as I thought he would have at least gotten an interview or two. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MR8 said:

I'm more surprised Denver didn't pull the rip cord and fire Vic Fangio... dude is TRASH... 

I dunno...he got that team to 7 wins playing with a different QB every week it seemed.  I think he showed enough that there was no reason to dismiss him after one year, especially with the way he turned it around after a really bad start.

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

I dunno...he got that team to 7 wins playing with a different QB every week it seemed.  I think he showed enough that there was no reason to dismiss him after one year, especially with the way he turned it around after a really bad start.

I felt like their schedule was soft aside from a win over the Texans...  But that's me I guess.  I felt like they benefited from teams who were out of it and were bad.  Much like the Jets "turning it around" down the stretch against bad teams and backups. 

10 minutes ago, H2o said:

So far you have 3 of the HC spots locked up with Washington, Dallas, and Carolina now getting "their guy" to run the show. That leaves Cleveland and NY. I'm surprised Roman hasn't gotten much chatter because of what he has done with Jackson and that Ravens offense this year. I can't really see him going to Cleveland or NY either with the style of offense he runs. This is surprising as I thought he would have at least gotten an interview or two. 

Roman is a one Trick pony.  

If you pony isn't a Tyrod Taylor, RGIII and or Lamar Jackson type QB you won't get too far. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

NFL teams are wise to the fact Roman has already done this twice in SF and BUF and fizzled out in years 2 and 3. He hasn't proven any semblance of sustainability.

He's a system OC who needs a very specific set of things to be successful, and frankly he becomes predictable as well.  Right now he has an amazingly talented QB out there making things happen, which takes pressure off him.  Once teams get a feel for this offense they will adapt.  The X Factor is Jackson not Roman.  JMO...

• Like (+1) 3

Coaches who continue long into the postseason often do miss out on head coaching opportunities. Teams feel like they have to jump on guys right away and not wait for the postseason to be over.

In fact that's the case with McDermott. He would have gotten more looks the year the Panthers went to the Superbowl.

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

NFL teams are wise to the fact Roman has already done this twice in SF and BUF and fizzled out in years 2 and 3. He hasn't proven any semblance of sustainability.

I have no idea how he would be as a HC; however, Roman is an excellent OC.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, MR8 said:

I'm more surprised Denver didn't pull the rip cord and fire Vic Fangio... dude is TRASH... 

Maybe but Denver's had three coaches in the last 5 years (4 in 6) and Fangio replaced the disaster that was Vance Joseph.  Throw in there's an ownership vacuum and Elway, who's getting by on his playing rep and not what he's done as an executive, hand-picked Fangio and of course he's good for a second year.

I'm expecting a major house-cleaning in Denver next year if the Broncos have a losing record.  Assuming someone in ownership steps up and Elway isn't running the show. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MR8 said:

I felt like their schedule was soft aside from a win over the Texans...  But that's me I guess.  I felt like they benefited from teams who were out of it and were bad.  Much like the Jets "turning it around" down the stretch against bad teams and backups. 

OK, and we made the playoffs from the same type of schedule, so what?  Should we get rid of McDermott because he didn't get 13 wins?

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

Owners are biased against coaches against coaches named “Greg”

8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Honestly, I think Drew Locke might have saved his job.  He came in and looked pretty good and I think the thinking is, if he can play well enough, Fangio’s defense should be set up where the team can start to compete for a wildcard spot 

1 minute ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Honestly, I think Drew Locke might have saved his job.  He came in and looked pretty good and I think the thinking is, if he can play well enough, Fangio’s defense should be set up where the team can start to compete for a wildcard spot 

I think you're right.

17 minutes ago, H2o said:

Roman has shown he can produce offense for guys like Kapaernick, Taylor and Jackson. Yet most QBs aren't that athletic so Roman might not fit in somewhere like Cleveland or NY where their QBs are more classic drop back passer types.