Good Twitter Thread Breaking Down Allen vs. Houston

DCOrange

Daboll's play design I am mostly fine with. It's his in game play calling that is atrocious. I also fault him for not trusting his guys, because that's what "we don't have an identity" boils down to. He doesn't have faith that we can be a passing or rushing offense and execute no matter what the defense is doing on the other side of the ball. I thought we had the personnel to run the 2TE offense that he helped coach in New England with Gronk and Hernandez. I thought that was what we were aiming for. Run the football, be multiple out of that set. Instead we were putting 3 undersized guys out wide and keeping Knox or Kroft in to block. If Daboll stays I will hope that McDermott tells him to dial it back. The playbook needs to be halved. It needs to be tailored to the guys we have (and will have).

And then Allen, these gifs and pictures are just an illustration of what he's been all season. So close yet so far. He was literally about 6 or 7 throws away from being the two or three seed in the playoffs. Couple missed throws in Baltimore for touchdowns, missed throws in Foxbourogh. He is not without fault in the offense's struggles. His reads need to get much quicker, he really needs to stop with the huge sacks. I understand he feels he can make any throw but he's blocking out that clock in his head. It's ok to run and slide for 5 yards. It's ok to check it down. I think our complete abandonment of any kind of screen game really causes that whole slow start thing.

8 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Curious who you want in FA? I’d love Green but doubt Brown lets him go. Best fit for this offense may actually be Emmanuel Sanders. Veteran that excels at route running, excellent stop/start ability, great hands, tough, etc.

And I would absolutely flip if they found a way to draft Ruggs. Dude is dynamite. ? 

Right now I am all in on AJ Green.   Next best option for me is more distant......Larry Fitzgerald.     Big target WR's who can run great routes and won't be a long term commitment.  

I'm not a big fan of Sanders or Amari Cooper(for what it's going to cost).

Give me a HOF quality vet and draft a couple high ceiling WR's in this draft.

• Like (+1) 1