Carolina Panthers hire Matt Rhule as HC - 7 year contract

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

True, but you can hit the jackpot with the right hire.  Jimmy Johnson, Bill Walsh, Tom Coughlin, and Dick Vermeil come to mind.  You could even argue John Harbaugh even though he didn't win a Superbowl.  

John Harbaugh did win a Superbowl. Did you mean Jim?

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

What's the percentage of college coaches who hit as NFL head coaches compared to NFL coordinators or positional coaches?  If there was a sure fire path to success as an NFL coach then you wouldn't see two ex head coaches, a ST coordinator, and a college coach all hired in the same week.

He has a chance, seems really smart, young, energetic, and has been a “program builder”. He’s the hot college-to-nfl coach this year - like Jim Harbaugh in 2011 and Chip Kelly in 2013. Hopefully Tepper will give him time (the 7 year contract says he will) because he doesn’t have a QB and they need to rebuild. Mccaffrey is a nice piece but they are going to ruin him if they keep giving him 1000 touches/game. 

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Chip Kelly in 2013. 

That's the first guy I thought of when I saw that clip.   The NFL has a way of grinding up those kind of "personalities."   

Pete Carroll's about the only HC like that I can think of who hasn't been worn down by it.    The rest usually disappear once other teams have had a chance to chew on them for a while...

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Yeah. I already traded in all my Bills stuff for Panthers stuff. I kind of have no choice. 

Well, if the Bills' coach is from the panthers and I'm a Bill's fan, and my best friend is a panthers fan and you're a panthers coach...that's some crazy stuff.  It's full circle now.  The Bills are actually just the panthers, and vice versa.  

Just now, BringBackFlutie said:

Well, if the Bills' coach is from the panthers and I'm a Bill's fan, and my best friend is a panthers fan and you're a panthers coach...that's some crazy stuff.  It's full circle now.  The Bills are actually just the panthers, and vice versa.  

At least the Panthers stadium experience is great, right? RIGHT?!

On 1/7/2020 at 10:30 AM, ArtVandalay said:

I'd love to see Belichick go home to Jersey and take over the Giants. Belichick wanted Jimmy G, he didn't want to trade him, now Brady showed serious decline and there's no successor. Belichick can jump to that Giants job he always wanted in his home state and has Daniel Jones and Saquon Barkley to lead the offense and do whatever he wants with the defense to build his next long running contender and prove it was him not Brady diving that dynasty.

So he jumps to a team with a star Qb in the making and one of the best Rbs in the league and that proves it was him an not Brady?   ? 

Last time I checked it wasn't Belichick throwing passes all over the field.

Without Brady Belichick is going to be exposed.