Carolina Panthers hire Matt Rhule as HC - 7 year contract

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Lol did someone alter this audio to sound like church reverb? I know he sounded like a preacher, but I'm pretty sure that audio was altered to give the mic reverb like he was talking in a church. Still hilarious.

I believe Rahul's father is a minister.

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I like the hire. 

On the surface it's a good hire............but there is a lot of strange stuff going on.

He called the Giants to see if they would match before he agreed to take the offer from Tepper?

That wouldn't have gone over well here.:lol:

And Tepper himself seems incredibly over-confident.

Also don't like overpaying a coach who hasn't won anything like that...........it's a disincentive.........even for the most self-motivated of coaches.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I believe Rahul's father is a minister.

I actually think his father is a gym teacher in State College, PA. Or so my buddy from State College told me. He said Rhules dad was his hs gym teacher.

Edited by Bferra13

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

On the surface it's a good hire............but there is a lot of strange stuff going on.

He called the Giants to see if they would match before he agreed to take the offer from Tepper?

That wouldn't have gone over well here.:lol:

And Tepper himself seems incredibly over-confident.

Also don't like overpaying a coach who hasn't won anything like that...........it's a disincentive.........even for the most self-motivated of coaches.

Yea that is a fair synopsis. 

Lol!  Always a Buffalo connection...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Rhule

Early years

Rhule grew up in New York City before his family moved to State College, Pennsylvania as a teenager. Rhule played linebacker at State College Area High School before walking on as a linebacker to Penn State. At Penn State, Rhule played four years under Joe Paterno and was a three-time Penn State Scholar-Athlete and an Academic All-Big Ten honoree in 1997.[1] While at Penn State, Rhule earned his Bachelor's of Arts in Political Science. He earned a Master's in Educational Psychology from the University at Buffalo in 2003.[2]

• Like (+1) 1

I absolutely love WHAT his message is... it’s really not all that different than what McDermott’a foundation is here. 

That being said, the delivery sounds rehearsed and disingenuous. 

I work with professional athletes and TBH they laugh at this stuff. It don’t see it going over well at all... he’s going to need to adjust the delivery or he’s going to need to be very specific about the type of players that he builds his organization around. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I actually think his father is a gym teacher in State College, PA. Or so my buddy from State College told me. He said Rhules dad was his hs gym teacher.

He could be both.  An article in the Waco Tribune-Herald stated he is a Nazarene Minister.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Lol!  Always a Buffalo connection...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Rhule

Early years

Rhule grew up in New York City before his family moved to State College, Pennsylvania as a teenager. Rhule played linebacker at State College Area High School before walking on as a linebacker to Penn State. At Penn State, Rhule played four years under Joe Paterno and was a three-time Penn State Scholar-Athlete and an Academic All-Big Ten honoree in 1997.[1] While at Penn State, Rhule earned his Bachelor's of Arts in Political Science. He earned a Master's in Educational Psychology from the University at Buffalo in 2003.[2]

He also coached at UB for two seasons.

Edited by The Jokeman

50 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I absolutely love WHAT his message is... it’s really not all that different than what McDermott’a foundation is here. 

That being said, the delivery sounds rehearsed and disingenuous. 

I work with professional athletes and TBH they laugh at this stuff. It don’t see it going over well at all... he’s going to need to adjust the delivery or he’s going to need to be very specific about the type of players that he builds his organization around. 

I Agree it sounds rehearsed. I had the same thought myself.

Listen to his opening press conference (posted earlier in the thread), then watch this interview -

A lot of the same lines. Same delivery/tone of voice etc. 

Also agree about the players. I think he’s going to need to have a lot of young players. I could see Carolina tearing it down and collecting a bunch of draft picks. Lots of young players, kind of like Seattle and Carrol. His message works for a bit, especially with the young guys. Then wears out. 

Maybe he was just nervous though and rehearsed too much. I do like his message, as you said. 

• Thank you (+1) 1