Carolina Panthers hire Matt Rhule as HC - 7 year contract

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

no matter what happens, Rhule has $60 million in the bank. 

That's some nice security! 

Ruhle is out at the club yelling "I got money in the bank, shorty what you drank!"

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

Tepper was an aggressive hedge fund manager known for taking risks who thrived during recessions.  If there was competition between him and the Giants for Rhule he wasn't going to lose and the contract reflects that.  Not having that pressure of being fired lets you build a team the right way in your image too.

10 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Anyone hear the guaranteed amount of the contract?  The Raiders were hush hush about Chuckie’s guarantees.  He got some, but not nearly the whole 10 year deal - which was also rumored to be back loaded somewhat. 

...sure as hell makes Haslam's move in Cleveland intriguing......read where "Rebate Jimmy" is paying out $50+ mil to people he's fired.....wonder if the "Flying J" is low on "fuel"??......

Here's something I didn't know and I bet neither did you: Matt Rhule was a Defensive Line coach at UB from 1999-2000, and he earned a Masters in Educational Psychology form the school in 2003.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sure as hell makes Haslam's move in Cleveland intriguing......read where "Rebate Jimmy" is paying out $50+ mil to people he's fired.....wonder if the "Flying J" is low on "fuel"??......

I’d bet that McDaniels is the guy and that he gets paid.  Haslam is a crook, but he’s loaded. 

Edited by BarleyNY

10 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Yeah. Never say never - especially when the Browns are involved.  Or when Josh McDaniels is involved. 

...hire me to a five year deal....fire my azz after two and I get THREE YEARS paid vacation.....I'll take it....:thumbsup:............

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Panthers fans would be pissed if you were a Panthers fan.

...so does it mean he'll be here then in two?....just askin'...........