Carolina Panthers hire Matt Rhule as HC - 7 year contract

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

Giants getting snookered. First McCarthy and now Rhule. 

The Giants, IMO, have an unhealthy level of hubris and it impacts their decision making.  Plus, I don't think Dave Gettleman is neither well liked or trusted in NFL coaching circles.  

3 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Who's the Clapper,  Garrett? That would be amusing.

The other names I've heard are Bienemy and McDaniels.

Yeah, Garrett. My buddy is all in on Bienemy right now.

Have to say tho...if NYG did hire Garrett, and they got good? Man that would KILL Jerruh and that would be pretty awesome.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Oh...looks like the Bills will be losing their competitive advantage in sports science with at least one team in the next few years...funny that Carolina wants to invest so heavily in it now with the Bills having it work so well in injury prevention over the past 3 years and McBeane's ties to the Panthers.

But the question is not can he build and lead a football team in college but can he do it in the NFL?  Some of the best to ever do it at the college level have failed miserably in the NFL at it. Two different animals, altogether.

two different animals...did everyone else join in?

11 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Agreed. My Giants fan buddy is just praying they don't get left holding the bag and hire the Clapper!

My Giant fan friends down here are reeling. All smug and laughting when McCarthy went to Cowboys figuring this guy was in the bag. 

12 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

I think you are confusing me with someone else. My name is Art Vandalay, I am an architect.

I thought you were a Marine Biologist ?

Edited by Olliemets
wrong quote

14 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Who's the Clapper,  Garrett? That would be amusing.

The other names I've heard are Bienemy and McDaniels.

Today's Daily News also said the Giants like the Ravens DC Wink Martindale as a top candidate but did mention Rhule was the favorite so who knows.

• Like (+1) 1

Rhule certainly did well in college, but Temple and Baylor were both low expectation turnarounds.  He seems a bit unhinged.  That might play well for 20 year old college kids who had a chip on their shoulder because the top schools passed them over.  Not sure how his act is gonna play in an NFL locker room.  

57 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Oh...looks like the Bills will be losing their competitive advantage in sports science with at least one team in the next few years...funny that Carolina wants to invest so heavily in it now with the Bills having it work so well in injury prevention over the past 3 years and McBeane's ties to the Panthers.

But the question is not can he build and lead a football team in college but can he do it in the NFL?  Some of the best to ever do it at the college level have failed miserably in the NFL at it. Two different animals altogether.

Doubt they are related.  It hasn't been 3 years and it looks like Rhule was the one who made it a condition of his hiring.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Whatever you say, Koko.

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

I think you are confusing me with someone else. My name is Art Vandalay, I am an architect.

"Serenity Now!!"

"Am I crazy or is that a lot of gum?!"

"And you want to be my latex salesman?"

Love that show, could do this for days.