Jerry Hughes says he played this season with torn wrist ligaments - NFL investigating whether Bills violated league rules with reporting injury (NFL didn’t find a violation)

YoloinOhio

15 hours ago, noacls said:

Hughes has not had a double digit sack season in 6 years and only twice out of a 10 year career.  I think it's safe to say those 10 sack seasons are an anomaly in his career. He constantly gets stupid penalties.  He has averaged 5.15 sacks per season. He has has to be one of the most overrated players in Buffalo sports history. 

Average to above average at best and he is treated like  a HOF player around here. 

What's his rush rate %, pressures, quarterback hits, quarterback hurries, etc...?  All of those can disrupt an offensive play leading to throwaways, int's, and sacks by other d-lineman avoiding him.  

Jets QB Sam Darnold had surgery on his left (non-throwing) thumb to repair a ligament, a source confirmed. It's a minor procedure and won't cause him to miss any time in the offseason. It happened in the Week 8 loss to the Jaguars and it affected his ballhandling at times. At the end of the season, Darnold said he didn't think surgery was necessary, pending further tests. The NY Post first reported the surgery.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_rich.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer7m ago

So, was this on the Jets' injury report?  Will they be investigated?  Just curious.
Edited by sven233
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I will not be surprised if the NFL takes our 2nd rd pick and fined 100k. If they do anything even close to this I'm done.

I think it’ll be a 3rd.  

you won’t be done.  You can’t be

• 2 weeks later...

Hughes had surgery yesterday, per report.

https://buffalonews.com/2020/01/23/jerry-hughes-buffalo-bills-surgery-nfl/

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/24/buffalo-bills-jerry-hughes-wrist-offseason-surgery/

People keep repeating that Hughes was on the injury report for a vet rest day, but actually I can not find that - McDermott said it at one point but perhaps mistaken?

On 1/10/2020 at 2:14 PM, sven233 said:

Jets QB Sam Darnold had surgery on his left (non-throwing) thumb to repair a ligament, a source confirmed. It's a minor procedure and won't cause him to miss any time in the offseason. It happened in the Week 8 loss to the Jaguars and it affected his ballhandling at times. At the end of the season, Darnold said he didn't think surgery was necessary, pending further tests. The NY Post first reported the surgery.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_rich.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer7m ago

So, was this on the Jets' injury report?  Will they be investigated?  Just curious.

The Jets actually should be investigated and fined for this.  If it affected Sam's ballhandling, he's the QB and they knew about it, it's the sort of thing that's supposed to be reported.

On 1/7/2020 at 9:04 AM, fergie's ire said:

I have also been wondering if we are going to hear about a Milano injury that has been lingering.  Seems he has had trouble wrapping up late in the year....including the would be sack of Watson.

.........or it could just be piss poor tackling IMO.

On 1/24/2020 at 12:34 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Hughes had surgery yesterday, per report.

https://buffalonews.com/2020/01/23/jerry-hughes-buffalo-bills-surgery-nfl/

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/24/buffalo-bills-jerry-hughes-wrist-offseason-surgery/

People keep repeating that Hughes was on the injury report for a vet rest day, but actually I can not find that - McDermott said it at one point but perhaps mistaken?

The Jets actually should be investigated and fined for this.  If it affected Sam's ballhandling, he's the QB and they knew about it, it's the sort of thing that's supposed to be reported.

Every week it is there

Edited by MAJBobby

I have no idea how these serious injuries players have that never get reported until they have surgery after the season is not a violation of the league's injury reporting guidelines based on the way they are written...

Not saying the Bills did anything wrong because every other team does the same thing...I mean Jarvis Landry played most of the year with 2 cracked vertebrae in his back.