Jerry Hughes says he played this season with torn wrist ligaments - NFL investigating whether Bills violated league rules with reporting injury (NFL didn’t find a violation)

YoloinOhio

22 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think Hughes has at least 2 more good years. He is still playing like a 10 sack per year DE. I feel like the officials mess with him on purpose which is wrong. We have the cap space to sign a DE and draft one and we should do both.

Hughes has not had a double digit sack season in 6 years and only twice out of a 10 year career.  I think it's safe to say those 10 sack seasons are an anomaly in his career. He constantly gets stupid penalties.  He has averaged 5.15 sacks per season. He has has to be one of the most overrated players in Buffalo sports history. 

Average to above average at best and he is treated like  a HOF player around here. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, noacls said:

Hughes has not had a double digit sack season in 6 years and only twice out of a 10 year career.  I think it's safe to say those 10 sack seasons are an anomaly in his career. He constantly gets stupid penalties.  He has averaged 5.15 sacks per season. He has has to be one of the most overrated players in Buffalo sports history. 

Average to above average at best and he is treated like  a HOF player around here. 

That "facemask" PF was bull, but Jerry is a magnet for that crap.  He has been much better under McD, but when the lights were shining too bright, the bad Jerry came back out to play.

I'd be fine making him a "cap casualty" and moving on.  But you better land a big whale to fill the spot.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Haha.  The NFL has become a complete joke.  They monitor what players say on Twitter for rules violations and over-rule their own rules on the field of play in a playoff game.  

Hey they don’t miss a beat!

*except obvious calls that decide playoff games 

LOL re the investigation. Chris Hogan played 2015 with torn ligaments in his wrist. Never reported. Robert Woods played 2015 with a torn thigh muscle (quad/hamstring; can't recall). Never reported. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hey they don’t miss a beat!

*except obvious calls that decide playoff games 

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/buffalo-bills-chris-hogan-wrist-injury-torn-ligaments-010616

28 minutes ago, noacls said:

This is so wrong. He is an elite pressure guy and the grades show it year over year. He has been disruptive his whole career with the Bills. To wit:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/jerry-hughes-led-bills-defensive-front-to-top-10-pff-ranking

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The only fair resolution here, imho, would be for the Patriots to be awarded not less than 3 compensatory draft picks from the Bills.@Ridgewaycynic2013, I just need some backup here—does that also strike you as equitable, or should it be 5?

:D

Can they just tack on this punishment to the one we will get for the Pats filming the Bengals sideline?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

This is so wrong. He is an elite pressure guy and the grades show it year over year. He has been disruptive his whole career with the Bills. To wit:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/jerry-hughes-led-bills-defensive-front-to-top-10-pff-ranking

You lost me at PFF. Also no pro bowl seasons, no all pro seasons. So apparently his peers and NFL Personnel men and women agree with me. Vastly overrated. Thank you for the civil discussion.  

Also there was no reason for him to bring this up other than to say look at me. He may very well end up getting organization penalized

Edited by noacls

I love my Bills and I love football but this is a joke. Next year I'm highly considering even paying for NFL package. I'll always be a Bills fan and root for them but to hell with NFL if the Bills get penalized especially after all the crap the Patriots pull. Not to mention lack of calls in all our games.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, noacls said:

You lost me at PFF. Also no pro bowl seasons, no all pro seasons. So apparently his peers and NFL Personnel men and women agree with me. Vastly overrated. Thank you for the civil discussion.  

Also there was no reason for him to bring this up other than to say look at me. He may very well end up getting organization penalized

Chris Hogan and Robert Woods said pretty much EXACTLY the same thing after the 2015 seasons. Nothing happened.

24 minutes ago, noacls said:

Also, I know it's really, really fashionable on this board to dismiss PFF completely (and believe me, I have my issues with them), but their analyses aren't entirely worthless, as so many seem to believe here. There is a reason that McDermott and Beane re-upped Hughes a couple of years ago. He was a genuinely excellent player in 2017.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, noacls said:

this would be Hughes fault? I get you don't  like him but you're saying the Bills did not know about this?

28 minutes ago, noacls said:

You lost me at pro bowl. See how this game goes?  

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

this would be Hughes fault? I get you don't  like him but you're saying the Bills did not know about this?

And again: 

Hogan: https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/buffalo-bills-chris-hogan-wrist-injury-torn-ligaments-010616

Woods: http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/23231/bills-robert-woods-played-14-games-with-torn-groin

None of this was reported. 

Edited by dave mcbride