Jerry Hughes says he played this season with torn wrist ligaments - NFL investigating whether Bills violated league rules with reporting injury (NFL didn’t find a violation)

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

doubt that

everyone who plays a single down or return in a given game is injured, as a person on the street would define it

these guys live with daily pain all season that 98% of us wouldn't get out of bed over

1 minute ago, fergie's ire said:

I have also been wondering if we are going to hear about a Milano injury that has been lingering.  Seems he has had trouble wrapping up late in the year....including the would be sack of Watson.

everyone had an injury all season long, it's a horrible way to make a living if you aren't paid well

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

everyone who plays a single down or return in a given game is injured, as a person on the street would define it

these guys live with daily pain all season that 98% of us wouldn't get out of bed over

everyone had an injury all season long, it's a horrible way to make a living if you aren't paid well

Oh Gawd, the wretched life of in the NFL.  I am sure prison guards,  fireman, cops, military, roofers, oil field workers, long haul truckers, farmers, sure lose sleep every night for the plight of the players in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

While everyone certainly gets banged up, some are worse than others.  Torn wrist ligaments for a DE are probably pretty tough.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

While everyone certainly gets banged up, some are worse than others.  Torn wrist ligaments for a DE are probably pretty tough.

Yep for his position in particular. I seem to remember him playing through a similar wrist injury a couple years ago as well.

8 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He showed up big and so did Murphy. Let’s see how Beane handles that this offseason. 
Hughes definitely should come back for another season. 
We have a couple very good complimentary DE’s, needs one stud pass rusher.

Hughes just signed an extension so I’m sure he’s back. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

He showed up big and so did Murphy. Let’s see how Beane handles that this offseason. 
Hughes definitely should come back for another season. 
We have a couple very good complimentary DE’s, needs one stud pass rusher.

If it were me, i'm letting Phillips and Shaq walk.  (or bringing one back and cutting Murphy)

Take that money and sign a FA Pass Rusher.

Hughes/Ngakoue/???/Johnson

Oliver/Star/Harry/???

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, row_33 said:

everyone is injured in the NFL every day

What exactly are you getting at? 

It is true everyone has injuries, but not all injuries are created equal.  I have to believe you understand that a torn ligament is significantly more serious than a deep bruise, a cut, or something of the like. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

How is it you find out players played with serious injuries after the season every year but these same players never appear on the weekly injury report for it?  

Good game-day roster management? Bellicheat does the same thing...

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep for his position in particular. I seem to remember him playing through a similar wrist injury a couple years ago as well.

Hughes just signed an extension so I’m sure he’s back. 

I know. I’ve seen some people on here bringing up his name as a possible surprise cut.