Jerry Hughes says he played this season with torn wrist ligaments - NFL investigating whether Bills violated league rules with reporting injury (NFL didn’t find a violation)

YoloinOhio

50 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

LOL re the investigation. Chris Hogan played 2015 with torn ligaments in his wrist. Never reported. Robert Woods played 2015 with a torn thigh muscle (quad/hamstring; can't recall). Never reported. 

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/buffalo-bills-chris-hogan-wrist-injury-torn-ligaments-010616

and I think at least one or both got investigated 

the team might see a minor fine. As soon as Jerry posted this it was obvious this would happen. We likely never hear any outcome with it being relatively insignificant 

46 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

This is so wrong. He is an elite pressure guy and the grades show it year over year. He has been disruptive his whole career with the Bills. To wit:

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/jerry-hughes-led-bills-defensive-front-to-top-10-pff-ranking

He’s a stat watcher, it’s what you get when you don’t actually pay attention to what’s happening on the field.The biggest problem with Hughs is that the referees have obviously black balled him after the confrontation....

My 2 cents 

The NFL's policy  on teams reporting injuries, in part, reads: “If any player has a significant or noteworthy injury, it must be listed on the practice report, even if he fully participates in practice and the team expects that he will play in the team’s next game. This is especially important for key players whose injuries may be covered extensively by the media.”

The policy also reads: “The information must be credible, accurate, timely, and specific within the guidelines of the policy, which is of paramount importance to maintaining the integrity of the game.”

When the Pats *****  stop lying on the IR's then I say the Bills should worry. 

35 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

He’s a stat watcher, it’s what you get when you don’t actually pay attention to what’s happening on the field.The biggest problem with Hughs is that the referees have obviously black balled him after the confrontation....

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that, honestly. That could make for a good Buffalo News investigative report. 

Edited by dave mcbride

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that, honestly. That good make for a good Buffalo News investigative report. 

I wish I had the time to pull clips of all the ignored fouls committed on him the past few years. The Bills need to go this and ask what’s up???? 

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

My 2 cents 

The NFL's policy  on teams reporting injuries, in part, reads: “If any player has a significant or noteworthy injury, it must be listed on the practice report, even if he fully participates in practice and the team expects that he will play in the team’s next game. This is especially important for key players whose injuries may be covered extensively by the media.”

The policy also reads: “The information must be credible, accurate, timely, and specific within the guidelines of the policy, which is of paramount importance to maintaining the integrity of the game.”

Haven't the Patriots listed about 20 players on the injury report at times? I thought they often overdid it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm sure someone's mentioned this, but it seems that every year after the season certain players come out and talk about injuries they "played through". Usually seems like they are simply trying to cover for a drop in stats and performance.

Not sure why Jerry felt he had to run his mouth on this, but I'm guessing he may have overblown the truth to sound like a "warrior". And when the league investigates they'll find it wasnt so bad.

I think the league investigates these things every year as players make excuses. I havent seen any serious scandals uncovered, or serious punishments handed out, so far.

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Haven't the Patriots listed about 20 players on the injury report at times? I thought they often overdid it.

they abuse it all the time OMO. 

Was Toms foot on the list along with his elbow?  Reports from 2 days ago 

Tom Brady was battling foot injury along with elbow ailment in December: report

Then there was the concussion 2 or 3 years ago his wife said he had that he emphatically denied!

21 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Bastards 

stop the press of the Buffalo News!!!

newsflash coming in

20 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

they abuse it all the time OMO. 

Was Toms foot on the list along with his elbow?  Reports from 2 days ago 

Tom Brady was battling foot injury along with elbow ailment in December: report

Then there was the concussion 2 or 3 years ago his wife said he had that he emphatically denied!

Tom showed up for one Super Bowl week with the mega air cast on his foot

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The only fair resolution here, imho, would be for the Patriots to be awarded not less than 3 compensatory draft picks from the Bills.@Ridgewaycynic2013, I just need some backup here—does that also strike you as equitable, or should it be 5?

:D

I’m in Canada.  We tend to count in multiples of 6.  (A six, a twelve pack, and the ever popular two four.)  Surely the league would find a way to award multiple compensatory draft picks based upon the ‘legend’ of the NEP, their fair haired QB, and HC ‘Mumbles’.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

Tom admitted he played with the effects of concussion. 

But that's not the same because they've allowed NCAA and NFL players to continue in playoff games when they couldn't tell you what planet they were currently on.

Maybe he can claim he had a concussion when he signed the below market deal and he should be paid fairly retroactively.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, noacls said:

Hughes has not had a double digit sack season in 6 years and only twice out of a 10 year career.  I think it's safe to say those 10 sack seasons are an anomaly in his career. He constantly gets stupid penalties.  He has averaged 5.15 sacks per season. He has has to be one of the most overrated players in Buffalo sports history. 

Average to above average at best and he is treated like  a HOF player around here. 

I'm not saying he's a HOF type player but what we are paying him with the pressures that he gets along with the sacks seems to be about right. He knows his job in McD system and does what he is supposed to do and he holds up ok vs the run.

• Like (+1) 2

I would like to see Hughes be treated fairly by the officials. He gets mugged out there on a ton of  plays with the official looking right at him and no flag. He is averaging 11.5 mil a year and if he gives us two more good years it's well worth it. If we just get another good pass rusher and another good CB this defense will be a top 3 unit next year easily.

Yeah....I'm sure the Bills are the only team that didn't report an injury on the report this year.

This is so stupid.

Next year, the Bills should just list everyone as questionable every week with bumps and bruises and state that every player on the team was limited in practice and see how that goes over.  That should cover everything.

Edited by sven233

Just now, sven233 said:

Yeah....I'm sure the Bills are the only team that didn't report an injury on the report this year.

This is so stupid.

Next year, the Bills should just list everyone as questionable every week with bumps and bruises and state that every player on the team was limited in practice see how that goes over.  That should cover everything.

Are you suggesting that the Bills steal the Cheats game plan?

5 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

My 2 cents 

that especially part is pretty interesting 

• Like (+1) 1