Call your shot (2020 NFL Draft)

11 hours ago, Estro said:

Yetour Gross Matos

Agreed, I think Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs and Higgins will all be gone.  As such, Matos should be the pick.

16 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Is this a projection? Notice he's compared to Michael Thomas of the Saints.

image.thumb.png.b2c5f01db860631874c577db4fb0765e.png

Laviska aligns at WR for the Buffalo spread offense

From what I've seen I think Thomas is a bad comparison for Shenault.   Thomas is long and lean and plays with a great catch radius, where as Shenault is built more like a big runningback.   Shenault is somewhere around twenty pounds heavier than Thomas.    When I watch Laviska I think his ceiling is more like Dez Bryant.

If we stay at 22...

Gross-Matos

Ruggs (unlikely to be available)

Epenesa (unlikely to be available)

Simmons (unlikely to be available)

Really, the only player I'm comfortable with that is somewhat likely to be available is Gross-Matos. I don't see Shenault or Higgins as guaranteed producers for us next year. They both need development time and I don't think that's something we can sign up for with our 1st pick. Gross Matos is ready to play as a technically sound run stopping DE, with sky high pass rush upside. He's the pick for me.

If we trade up...

There are only a few guys I'd trade up for. My number one choice would be CeeDee Lamb. If he falls beyond the Jets at 11, I think you look for Beane to make a move and get him. It won't cost as much as expected, as the move is only 10 slots maximum. My guess is swap 1sts and throw in our 3rd which I'd be happy to do. The other player I'd trade up for is Jeudy, but he'll be the first WR off the board and I honestly value Lamb higher.

If we trade down...

Would love to trade down into late first and pick up another 3rd, especially if Gross-Matos is off the board. If indeed we do trade down, Shenault/Higgins become far more likely (assuming they're available). Their upside would be hard to ignore in the late 20's, and the extra pick we acquire can be used to move up the board in the second (or package both 3's for an additional second) to fill other gaps.

If my perfect world...

1(22) - Gross-Matos

2(54) - J. Jefferson or Tyler Johnson (my top 5 are Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, Jefferson, Viska, Higgins, Tyler Johnson)

3(86) - Cameron Dantzler (the answer opposite of Tre)

4(118) - Najee Harris (backfield of Motor/Harris for the next 3 years minimum would be excellent)

Overall, I trust whatever decision Beane/McD make. They've earned it IMO. Go Bills!

25 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Is this a projection? Notice he's compared to Michael Thomas of the Saints.

image.thumb.png.b2c5f01db860631874c577db4fb0765e.png

Laviska aligns at WR for the Buffalo spread offense

I like Shenault too and I really like Jeudy - but he would have to drop a bit for Beane to move for him. I can talk myself into like 10WRs right now. I need the combine and round 1 of FA to go before I start to settle in so I can see our draft needs and the teams ahead of us. I was trying to be provocative with my choice this early and going off of early RD1 projections that fits Beane's RD1 draft profile - Athletic freaks with a high ceiling...

I like TDN, and I try to look at many different sites such as Rotoworld, Walterfootball, NFLN, CBS, Bleacher Report, etc. to get a wide view opinion, plus listen to some of our resident experts on here and I watch some film - I have done zero of that so far and am just starting to dig into it.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s not who Motor is IMO. He’s not an elite receiver. He’s a guy with extremely quick feet that’s tough to bring down. He plays in a phone booth. Edwards-Helaire plays in space. That’s what I think the Bills need to combine with Motor (who is going to be a star).

This is a great point in what need in an RB

On 1/7/2020 at 8:38 AM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Who do you think we will draft in round 1?

I'm calling my shot now and saying Laviska Shenault WR from Colorado

• Laviska Shenault, 6-2/220

• Wide Receiver

• Colorado

Laviska Shenault Scouting Report
By Charlie Campbell

Strengths:

• Rare toughness
  • Strong build
  • Is a fighter
  • Doesn't hesitate to get physical
  • Dangerous run-after-the-catch skills
  • Elusive open-field runner
  • Has a second gear as a runner
  • Picks up yards after contact
  • Quality route runner
  • Willing to go across the middle
  • Good hands
  • Quality height
  • Can generate separation
  • Tracks the ball well
  • Good technique
  • Adept at finding soft spots in zone
  • Plays hurt
  • Makes big plays in the clutch
  • Versatile receiver
  • Could be cross-trained as a X - split end -, Y - flanker -, or Z - slot
  • Phenomenal fit for a west coast offense
  • Able to contribute as a short-yardage running back

Weaknesses:

• Durability
  • Gets banged up
  • Good, but not great, speed
  • Good, but not great, size

6-2 220 lbs is good but not great size for a WR, they're kidding, right!

On 1/7/2020 at 3:38 AM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Who do you think we will draft in round 1?

I'm calling my shot now and saying Laviska Shenault WR from Colorado

• Laviska Shenault, 6-2/220

• Wide Receiver

• Colorado

Laviska Shenault Scouting Report
By Charlie Campbell

Strengths:

• Rare toughness
  • Strong build
  • Is a fighter
  • Doesn't hesitate to get physical
  • Dangerous run-after-the-catch skills
  • Elusive open-field runner
  • Has a second gear as a runner
  • Picks up yards after contact
  • Quality route runner
  • Willing to go across the middle
  • Good hands
  • Quality height
  • Can generate separation
  • Tracks the ball well
  • Good technique
  • Adept at finding soft spots in zone
  • Plays hurt
  • Makes big plays in the clutch
  • Versatile receiver
  • Could be cross-trained as a X - split end -, Y - flanker -, or Z - slot
  • Phenomenal fit for a west coast offense
  • Able to contribute as a short-yardage running back

Weaknesses:

• Durability
  • Gets banged up
  • Good, but not great, speed
  • Good, but not great, size

I don't follow College Football until about now, so I don't have a clue who this guy is, but his scouting report sure sounds like what we need at WR.

However, I don't like his first 2 weaknesses considering what happened with the last WR we drafted in the 1st round  :unsure:

On 1/7/2020 at 7:20 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

Obviously alot is going to happen in the combine and FA to determine our decision.  

Jonathan Taylor (1st)

Justin Jefferson (move up 2nd)

....we'd have Thunder & Lightning in the backfield. An extremely promising big wr to develop.

Sign 2 of these 3:

Amari Cooper 

Yannick Ngakoue

Hunter Henry

Taylor is a heck of a player but I would be livid if we took a RB in the first round. Motor showed that you can get a great back in later rounds.

I love the rest of the moves picks though. Of the three free agents I’d want Yannick and Henry.  I know we have a lot of money to spend but I’d rather address WR in the draft instead of free agency.