Call your shot (2020 NFL Draft)

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Patterson is a good comp - except from what I've seen he has legit ball-tracking skills.  Watching clips yesterday I thought he looked like a combination of Patterson and Steve Smith.  He goes and gets it.  I could be wrong but he doesn't look too raw to me.

I loved Steve Smith coming out of Utah.    He was a pinball on the field.   Shenault is more of a straight liner.

If I am using a first on a WR he needs to be a beast who can physically dominate an NFL CB(like Metcalf) or he needs to be an excellent route runner with great body control and a big catch radius.

I haven't seen ANY of those things but I've only seen parts of 3-4 games plus his highlights.

Just a really explosive guy with the ball in his hands.........but a lost faster than nimble.

Maybe there is more there than meets the eye in his time at CO but I think he'd be a spare part as a rookie in the Bills complicated offense.

I have compared this coming offseason for the Daboll offense to Rex's Shaq/Ragnuts offseason.........Shenault and Shaq got a similar feel to me as prospects.   Limited,  more developmental than you'd like but physical enough to be good NFL players in time.  

Beane trades multiple times.  We are in a good spot at 22- a great player might slide to us.  But I am guessing Beane trades down for 2nd and 3rds, draft picks next year, and trades up for 4th round picks, consolidating all our picks into top 120 picks

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, I have no idea what's going to happen.   We have glaring needs at WR, DE, RB, LB, CB, OL.

There are studs available at nearly every one of those positions in FA.   For the most part, young studs in their prime. 

Id be happy filling any of those needs with the first pick. 

12 hours ago, Ayjent said:

1st Round

Mekhi Becton T, Louisville. Move Ford inside.  Also contingency on Dawkins wanting too much money when his rookie contract is up. Or 

Justin Jefferson, Wr LSU

2nd Round 

Michael Pittman Jr., Wr USC or

Jonathan Greenard, DE Florida

3rd Round 

Jordan Love, QB, Utah State

4th Round

LaMichael Perine, RB Florida

No way on becton, guy is way too big for tackle cant have monsters anymore, DEs are too quick and fast for giants.

Laviska Shenault or Tyler Johnson (Johnson is going to skyrocket up the charts) at 22.

And hopefully one of those highly touted RB’s slip to the Bills in the 2nd round.

Otherwise, the Bills might totally manipulate this draft and we will have no idea where they pick.

22 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

We will not pick at #22.

You know ... for a change .. I wouldn't mind a trade back and have multiple in round 2 .. .there appears to be a lot of quality and if the package is right and we see WRs a plenty that can be had in the 2nd ... let's pull a Jimmy Johnson move.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

No way on becton, guy is way too big for tackle cant have monsters anymore, DEs are too quick and fast for giants.

He's very athletic for a big guy and have you watched him play?  He'll be a definite starter in the NFL.  https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/all-aboard--the-mekhi-becton-hype-train-is-leaving-the-station

11 hours ago, Buffalo Dude said:

Trade out for some 2s

I like the his idea too. The draft is so deep at certain positions, more is better.

30 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I dunno but he would be a GREAT fit in Buffalo. He’s Sproles 2.0. He’s the perfect 3rd down weapon.

Why not use Motor in that role?

13 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Laviska Shenualt Wr Colorado or De'andre Swift Rb Georgia.  Rd 1.

I do like the fact that Shenault played for the Buffalos

18 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

I like Tee Higgins over Shenault because he has proven it in the spotlight more.

However... I'll make my decision after free agency

Higgins slight build gives me hesitation. Good, skillwise but just don't seem strong enough to get off man coverage

If we stay at #22, give me the best player available...from LSU. WR Justin Jefferson or Edge K'Lavon Chaisson. 

Wouldn't mind a trade up for either CeeDee Lamb, Henry Ruggs III, or Yetur Gross-Matos though if the price was right (may need to get to picks 14-17 for them).

Go WR/Edge in the 2nd (whichever we didn't grab in the 1st) and then get me Zack Moss/Clyde Edwards-Helaire or another RB that will compliment Motor. 

April 23rd can't come soon enough...Go Bills!

18 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

100%

I really think Yannick is the pass rush target and RT could be had in the 30s to 40s if we don't sign Conklin. There looks like there could be some good safety depth in RD3 as well. 

Lets not forget Trent Williams is still floating in the wind in Washington.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I like the his idea too. The draft is so deep at certain positions, more is better.

Why not use Motor in that role?

That’s not who Motor is IMO. He’s not an elite receiver. He’s a guy with extremely quick feet that’s tough to bring down. He plays in a phone booth. Edwards-Helaire plays in space. That’s what I think the Bills need to combine with Motor (who is going to be a star).

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I actually think Daboll earns his worth with knowing the Alabama WRs and my guess is that we won't move up for Jeudy unless he drops close to 10, my guess is Ruggs. He checks every box Beane has shown thus far in his first round draft picks - beyond special athletically and super high ceiling. 

Ruggs may be the fastest WR in the class and plays with ridiculous breakaway ability once the ball is in his hands. He may not be as complete as other receivers, but his play making ability is rare.

Ruggs is far from just a speed receiver, though. He has shown flashes of nuance in his route tree through sinking his hips into his cuts and showing off body control when flipping his hips or making tough adjustments to the ball. He has natural ball skills and can track down balls at a high level. Ruggs is also a tough runner after the catch, showing off impressive contact balance and determination for a receiver with his frame.

The dynamic playmaker is an athletic mismatch for just about any cornerback, and he has shown he has more tools in his skill set than the average speedy receiver.

Pros - Unbelievable speed. There won’t be many - if any - players on opposing defenses that can keep pace with him. Absolutely destroys pursuit angles with the ball in his hands. Rare ability to accelerate and achieve unprecedented speed. Isn’t just a fast guy - football skills are absolutely present at a high level. Features outstanding body control and ball skills that make him effective in contested situations. Plenty of reps that illustrate his ability to elevate and win through contact when necessary. Has no issues establishing his frame at the catch point and hauling in the football outside his frame with extension. Makes excellent adjustments to the football in every direction. Competitive demeanor is evident in everything he does. Works his tail off to block and competes with the ball in his hands post-catch.  

Cons - A touch lean but plenty big for his size. Has room for technical growth as a route runner. As it stands, he is fully capable of separating based on athleticism but he can be even more dangerous with more work selling breaks and creating leverage. 

He has RARE run after catch ability and is a threat to take it the distance whenever he touches the football. For a WR he displays good lower body strength to run through arm tackles. He is well coached and will get his correct route depth. He’s disciplined and plays hard when he doesn’t have the football, evidenced in his willingness to be a stalk blocker down the field on run plays. In the passing game he is excellent. If you do not reroute him at the LOS, he will beat you with excellent foot quickness or good upper body strength. When he beats you off the line, it could be a TD every time. For this reason he forces corners to play soft press at the LOS.

I don't know Reed. I'd prefer KJ Hill (Ohio State) than Ruggs. Hill is more of a hands catcher with burner speed

• Like (+1) 1