Call your shot (2020 NFL Draft)

Here’s one for you!!!

CREED HUMPHREY 

If this kid declares he’s a first round lock. Big, strong, powerful blocker.

Big time wrestling background. Smart and Tough!!! Everything this staff wants.... If the FO feels Ford is our guy at RT, Spain is not resigned.... this kid steps right in and is an improvement! Morse has had some slight health concerns, Creed may be the future anchor. 

If Creed stay at OU, he may be a top 15 if not top 10 pick in the 2021 draft... but he’s already a round 1 lock and OU is gonna be young and drop off cause they’re losing talent this year.... he may decide to declare.

Could be the best interior OL in sometime... 

1 hour ago, Sunshower said:

RT, CB2, RB, WR, WR, LE, RE, K, P, LB, LB

Not as deep as you think young padawan.

Elite WR#1 & End#1, backup RB available in RDs 4-6, LB we need to repalce Zo is a 2 down back- we play a ton of Nickel and Edmunds & Milano should be on the field Zo rushed the passer which with a better end we will do, you are not drafting a Kicker or a punter and RT is available around pick 30-40 or via FA

Trading back allows you to fill out a mediocre roster, which we do not have. To advance further in the playoffs you need more top flight players, which we have very little of.

I'm also not young

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, OrtonHearsaWho said:

If we got either Shenault or Higgins I would be extremely excited. 

Obviously alot is going to happen in the combine and FA to determine our decision.  

Jonathan Taylor (1st)

Justin Jefferson (move up 2nd)

....we'd have Thunder & Lightning in the backfield. An extremely promising big wr to develop.

Sign 2 of these 3:

Amari Cooper 

Yannick Ngakoue

Hunter Henry

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Elite WR#1 & End#1, backup RB available in RDs 4-6, LB we need to repalce Zo is a 2 down back- we play a ton of Nickel and Edmunds & Milano should be on the field Zo rushed the passer which with a better end we will do, you are not drafting a Kicker or a punter and RT is available around pick 30-40 or via FA

Trading back allows you to fill out a mediocre roster, which we do not have. To advance further in the playoffs you need more top flight players, which we have very little of.

I'm also not young

Regardless, I’d rather end up in a trade back scenario where we walk away with Kenny Willekes and Najee Harris  along with two 3s we can can spend on WR, DE, CB or LB.

We have more holes than you think.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The_Ripster said:

We built a whole new oline last offseason for chump change aside from Mitch Morse. if we can bring in another quality OL FA then there should be no reason to draft OL in this draft and dude OL take time to adapt to the speed almost more than any position. JA had nobody except john brown knox and beasley most games and Daboll was reluctant to really lean on singletary regardless of his stellar production behind a slightly better than mediocre OL. 

We need weapons in rounds 1, 2, and 3.

The OL players they picked up in FA last off-season are bridge players that aren’t dominant.  If you can improve the line in a thin draft for linemen and in a league a little thin on OL talent you do it, especially with the way teams try building with dominant edge rushers.  Plus, the biggest investment this team has made is Josh Allen and protecting him from getting obliterated and helping him reach the next level depends on him being protected both in pass protection and in having a good running game to lean on.  A  player like Becton could be special and improving the lines on either side of the ball is good for sustained success in the NFL.

I’m all for a WR but I think the best ones could actually be the ones that people are projecting late in the 1st to early 3rd.  I really think guys like Justin Jefferson, Michael Pittman Jr, and Chase Claypool would be the big body guy they need.  Tee Higgins isn’t a bad option, either and I’m fine with the Bills taking a WR in the first.  The level of talent separating these guys isn’t much and you have to consider their competition.  I like Jefferson the most because he was lining up against top notch secondary in practice all the time and has shown the ability to dominate against top notch defenders and although Burrow gets the lion’s share of the credit Jefferson was a big part of his success. I also like guys like Gabriel Davis and Van Jefferson in the middle rounds.  Van Jefferson is a good all around player and tough that had really crappy QB play for most of his time at UF until they went to Kyle Trask. Gabriel Davis runs all the routes, has good size and speed and pretty good ball skills. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Love Najee and he would be a great get!

What makes you believe McD has final say? I have never heard that from Beane or McD. 

I think one of the best things we have going for us is the way they seem to work together, have a plan and reach a consensus (at least publicly) as they should. I can’t tell you who I think I want in the first round, but I’m glad we have these guys making that decision! 

Also, a RB who can pound the ball and punish defenses would be a nice addition and perfect compliment to Singletary, IMO.  I love Gore, but what he offered this year was more off the field than on the field. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think one of the best things we have going for us is the way they seem to work together, have a plan and reach a consensus (at least publicly) as they should. I can’t tell you who I think I want in the first round, but I’m glad we have these guys making that decision! 

Also, a RB who can pound the ball and punish defenses would be a nice addition and perfect compliment to Singletary, IMO.  I love Gore, but what he offered this year was more off the field than on the field. 

Couldn’t agree more. It’s mind boggling to think of taking a RB back to back but if we could get Najee, I would not hate it. 

Regardless, as you say, Beane and McD have given me no reason not to trust them yet...regardless of the half glass empty folks around here who mention Zay and KB. ? 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Couldn’t agree more. It’s mind boggling to think of taking a RB back to back but if we could get Najee, I would not hate it. 

Regardless, as you say, Beane and McD have given me no reason not to trust them yet...regardless of the half glass empty folks around here who mention Zay and KB. ? 

Nobody bats 100%, but their overall average is pretty impressive from where I sit. I’m sure by round 3 they are likely to draft some guy I’ve never heard of!  Another strong draft to build the young core of talented but inexpensive players, and this should be a fun ride! 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Obviously alot is going to happen in the combine and FA to determine our decision.  

Jonathan Taylor (1st)

....we'd have Thunder & Lightning in the backfield. An extremely promising big wr to develop.

Sign 2 of these 3:

Amari Cooper 

Yannick Ngakoue

Hunter Henry

i need to call a dr because of the ummm...issue i'm having with this post. it's beautiful.   but cooper wont be available as cowboys can tag both amari and dak if by chance a contract isnt reached. its a weird cba rule this year cause the cba expires next year.

1 hour ago, Sunshower said:

Regardless, I’d rather end up in a trade back scenario where we walk away with Kenny Willekes and Najee Harris  along with two 3s we can can spend on WR, DE, CB or LB.

We have more holes than you think.

No, we don’t.  

We’ll bring back Levi Wallace.  Can re-sign Kevin Johnson.   

Sign or draft a Lorax replacement. 

Need a high end pass rusher. 

OL is set with re-signing Spain, or kick Ford inside and we’ll need a RT. 

Need an RB2

Will bring in one or two talented WR’s.  

With a full compliment of draft picks and $90 mil, we’ll likely package picks to move around or trade for a player.   We have more assets than needs this offseason.  

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Jonathan Taylor (1st)

Sign 2 of these 3:

Amari Cooper 

Yannick Ngakoue

Hunter Henry

I like your thinking, except I'd go Tyler Johnson over Jefferson. Johnson's produced longer. Hooper or Henry. I'm still big on AJ Green on an incentive laden contract.

• Like (+1) 1

Still have alot to build on...i could see a replacement for gore..swift/taylor great 1/2 bunch with singletary...love the wr from colorado or lsu(jefferies), put someone opposite tre white (travon diggs), LB or edge i like murray LB from oklahoma.   Aj espensa from iowa would also be nice addition.  There are still some holes to fix but its something to revisit after combine and FA

Beane will add a vetran to every need area.  In FA they have the ability to pick their guy.  Money, culture, winning, facility.  Now, who will that target be?  I could see multiple ways this could go.  Wr, Rb, Oline, Dline, Lb, Db. 

AJ Green if available could make sense.  I could see Melvin Gordon being a good compliment with Singletary.  Hooper or Henry at Te would fit the up tempo scheme.  Taking the next step on defense by adding an impact player at any level wouldn't be surprising either.  This year the offseason is about making a contender.  An upgrade at one of many positions and Buffalo is playing KC this weekend.