Call your shot (2020 NFL Draft)

1st Round

Mekhi Becton T, Louisville. Move Ford inside.  Also contingency on Dawkins wanting too much money when his rookie contract is up. Or 

Justin Jefferson, Wr LSU

2nd Round 

Michael Pittman Jr., Wr USC or

Jonathan Greenard, DE Florida

3rd Round 

Jordan Love, QB, Utah State

4th Round

LaMichael Perine, RB Florida

4 minutes ago, Ayjent said:

1st Round

Mekhi Becton T, Louisville. Move Ford inside.  Also contingency on Dawkins wanting too much money when his rookie contract is up. Or 

Justin Jefferson, Wr LSU

2nd Round 

Michael Pittman Jr., Wr USC or

Jonathan Greenard, DE Florida

3rd Round 

Jordan Love, QB, Utah State

4th Round

LaMichael Perine, RB Florida

Developing OLinemen takes so much time tho dude. There are too many weapons available to go for a shield in this one. Maybe OL with the 4th or something.

Would be ok with OL in the 1st or 2nd.

i want a top 5 OL!

we also need a OLB to replace Lorenzo o.

another studs LB to compliment edmunds and Milano would be great. We need more depth at the LB position.

Edited by Nester

5 minutes ago, The_Ripster said:

Developing OLinemen takes so much time tho dude. There are too many weapons available to go for a shield in this one. Maybe OL with the 4th or something.

Not really - OL players that are smart and well coached can make an immediate impact.  OL builds a foundation for a dominant offense for years. Can’t get effective play from backs and WRs without good blocking.  Thinking that the Bills are just a WR or other playmaker away is short term thinking and if anything WR has proven to be a position that can take a long time to develop.  They need weapons at WR but this draft is historically deep at WR and they can pick up at least one that is starting caliber in probably the first 5 rounds. 

1 minute ago, Ayjent said:

Not really - OL players that are smart and well coached can make an immediate impact.  OL builds a foundation for a dominant offense for years. Can’t get effective play from backs and WRs without good blocking.  Thinking that the Bills are just a WR or other playmaker away is short term thinking and if anything WR has proven to be a position that can take a long time to develop.  They need weapons at WR but this draft is historically deep at WR and they can pick up at least one that is starting caliber in probably the first 5 rounds. 

We built a whole new oline last offseason for chump change aside from Mitch Morse. if we can bring in another quality OL FA then there should be no reason to draft OL in this draft and dude OL take time to adapt to the speed almost more than any position. JA had nobody except john brown knox and beasley most games and Daboll was reluctant to really lean on singletary regardless of his stellar production behind a slightly better than mediocre OL. 

We need weapons in rounds 1, 2, and 3.

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

If they waste this draft on a lineman in the first, no bueno.

No more linemen in the draft. Skill players.

Fine with me.  I'm just thinking there might be more than one WR taken in the first few rounds.  Great year for it.    

8 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Who do you think we will draft in round 1?

I'm calling my shot now and saying Laviska Shenault WR from Colorado

• Laviska Shenault, 6-2/220

• Wide Receiver

• Colorado

Laviska Shenault Scouting Report
By Charlie Campbell

I don't have a shot to call yet but this dude reminds me so much of Cordarelle Patterson when he was coming out of Tennessee.

I've watched a number of his games and not been overwhelmed.

When you get the ball in his hands he can be very dangerous but I don't see an every down NFL wide receiver in his game.

The comps to Sammy Watkins are way off..........Watkins was far more advanced and had remarkable agility and ball tracking ability.

At the very least he is VERY raw as a receiver which is not what they need going into hopefully a SB run season. 

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't have a shot to call yet but this dude reminds me so much of Cordarelle Patterson when he was coming out of Tennessee.

When you get the ball in his hands he can be very dangerous but I don't see an every down NFL wide receiver in his game.

The comps to Sammy Watkins are way off..........Watkins was far more advanced and had remarkable agility and ball tracking ability.

At the very least he is VERY raw as a receiver which is not what they need going into hopefully a SB run season. 

Patterson is a good comp - except from what I've seen he has legit ball-tracking skills.  Watching clips yesterday I thought he looked like a combination of Patterson and Steve Smith.  He goes and gets it.  I could be wrong but he doesn't look too raw to me.

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I actually think Daboll earns his worth with knowing the Alabama WRs and my guess is that we won't move up for Jeudy unless he drops close to 10, my guess is Ruggs. He checks every box Beane has shown thus far in his first round draft picks - beyond special athletically and super high ceiling. 

Ruggs may be the fastest WR in the class and plays with ridiculous breakaway ability once the ball is in his hands. He may not be as complete as other receivers, but his play making ability is rare.

Ruggs is far from just a speed receiver, though. He has shown flashes of nuance in his route tree through sinking his hips into his cuts and showing off body control when flipping his hips or making tough adjustments to the ball. He has natural ball skills and can track down balls at a high level. Ruggs is also a tough runner after the catch, showing off impressive contact balance and determination for a receiver with his frame.

The dynamic playmaker is an athletic mismatch for just about any cornerback, and he has shown he has more tools in his skill set than the average speedy receiver.

Pros - Unbelievable speed. There won’t be many - if any - players on opposing defenses that can keep pace with him. Absolutely destroys pursuit angles with the ball in his hands. Rare ability to accelerate and achieve unprecedented speed. Isn’t just a fast guy - football skills are absolutely present at a high level. Features outstanding body control and ball skills that make him effective in contested situations. Plenty of reps that illustrate his ability to elevate and win through contact when necessary. Has no issues establishing his frame at the catch point and hauling in the football outside his frame with extension. Makes excellent adjustments to the football in every direction. Competitive demeanor is evident in everything he does. Works his tail off to block and competes with the ball in his hands post-catch.  

Cons - A touch lean but plenty big for his size. Has room for technical growth as a route runner. As it stands, he is fully capable of separating based on athleticism but he can be even more dangerous with more work selling breaks and creating leverage. 

He has RARE run after catch ability and is a threat to take it the distance whenever he touches the football. For a WR he displays good lower body strength to run through arm tackles. He is well coached and will get his correct route depth. He’s disciplined and plays hard when he doesn’t have the football, evidenced in his willingness to be a stalk blocker down the field on run plays. In the passing game he is excellent. If you do not reroute him at the LOS, he will beat you with excellent foot quickness or good upper body strength. When he beats you off the line, it could be a TD every time. For this reason he forces corners to play soft press at the LOS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Trade out of the first, load up on picks.

The roster is already packed with a lot of talent....to me it does not make sense to try to fill the roster with low salaries/project guys

I would like to not do to much trading up and would like to see us have a nice boring draft where we pick at our positions.....Beane has been a ninja at finding late round guys that actually make contributions (Sweeney and Johnson should both have bigger roles this next season and were excellent picks for where they were drafted)

This is a great draft for us because it is deep in positions that we need.......imagine coming out of this draft with TWO good wide receivers?

• Like (+1) 1