Call your shot (2020 NFL Draft)

5 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Who do you think we will draft in round 1?

I'm calling my shot now and saying Laviska Shenault WR from Colorado

• Laviska Shenault, 6-2/220

• Wide Receiver

• Colorado

Laviska Shenault Scouting Report
By Charlie Campbell

Strengths:

• Rare toughness
  • Strong build
  • Is a fighter
  • Doesn't hesitate to get physical
  • Dangerous run-after-the-catch skills
  • Elusive open-field runner
  • Has a second gear as a runner
  • Picks up yards after contact
  • Quality route runner
  • Willing to go across the middle
  • Good hands
  • Quality height
  • Can generate separation
  • Tracks the ball well
  • Good technique
  • Adept at finding soft spots in zone
  • Plays hurt
  • Makes big plays in the clutch
  • Versatile receiver
  • Could be cross-trained as a X - split end -, Y - flanker -, or Z - slot
  • Phenomenal fit for a west coast offense
  • Able to contribute as a short-yardage running back

Weaknesses:

• Durability
  • Gets banged up
  • Good, but not great, speed
  • Good, but not great, size

thats who im going with, Bills however seem to have a different draft board than most as i was shocked we didn't pick DK Metcalf and even more surprised we drafted Singletary in the third when he was considered a 5th rounder. So hard to say who is on there board and who they will take but my gut says they wont take Shenault.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

thats who im going with, Bills however seem to have a different draft board than most as i was shocked we didn't pick DK Metcalf and even more surprised we drafted Singletary in the third when he was considered a 5th rounder. So hard to say who is on there board and who they will take but my gut says they wont take Shenault.

I agree.

As long as its a WR in round 1 I will be happy.

Unless someone falls

• Like (+1) 2

I think RB position is also too deep to grab any RB other than Swift or Jonathon Taylor in the first. 

Dobbins, Aj Dillion, Cam Akers, Eno and Etienne are all gonna be available in the second and third.

I trust the management to go BPA in the first and maybe try and grab 2 picks (WR+RB) in the second round instead of sliding up for a specific WR in the first.

Hell, with that strategy they could even go WR, RB, WR and bolster the offence with 3 skill positions before the third round even begins.

2 minutes ago, The_Ripster said:

I think RB position is also too deep to grab any RB other than Swift or Jonathon Taylor in the first. 

Dobbins, Aj Dillion, Cam Akers, Eno and Etienne are all gonna be available in the second and third.

I trust the management to go BPA in the first and maybe try and grab 2 picks (WR+RB) in the second round instead of sliding up for a specific WR in the first.

Hell, with that strategy they could even go WR, RB, WR and bolster the offence with 3 skill positions before the third round even begins.

Dobbins goes before both IMO. Etienne may as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Way to early but Curtis Weaver be the guy I'd say at this moment. 

Hopefully it's not Sammy Watkins Redux 2. 

It's so hard to say this early - there are good WR prospects throughout and we will probably take 2. You have the prospects tier within the WR group if let's say the top 5 are tier 1 and the next tier has 4 - what is the deference between the tiers? If the top tier is gone before 22 - is it a talent reach to go to tier 2 or do you go to the next position group? I think Beane would make the slight move up to grab one of the top tier WRs, but he won't give away next year's #1. It will be an Edmunds style trade and past history tells us it will be the freakish athlete who has a super high ceiling...

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I put the odds of us keeping all our draft picks at .0001%

We have depth in a lot of areas, and plenty of young talent.  We lack a cornerstone pass rusher and wide receiver - Could also use an upgrade at RT depending on Ford.

While I hate losing draft picks due to how well it seems this staff scouts/develops, this would be a year to flip picks for players and/or move up.

100%

I really think Yannick is the pass rush target and RT could be had in the 30s to 40s if we don't sign Conklin. There looks like there could be some good safety depth in RD3 as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Dobbins goes before both IMO. Etienne may as well. 

Hey, you could be right! I like Dobbins a lot also, although I think Etienne will have size skeptics despite his blazing speed and for some reason right now all the pundits on all the mocks have Swift pegged as that guy going #1.

I think it's because of his versatility catching the football honestly which the Bills could really use. 

53 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

When McD talked about there being "one voice" at OBD when he was hired, that wasn't just for PR reasons.

He is a control-freak, and I say that in a positive way.  He's also the one building the culture and the front office is supporting that effort in personnel evaluation, among other things.  The players are guys that he can work with. 

I'm not saying other people don't get to communicate, only that he's leading this thing.

Yeah, I wouldn’t agree with your take. Beane handles that end with input from McD, in my opinion. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsVet said:

When McD talked about there being "one voice" at OBD when he was hired, that wasn't just for PR reasons.

He is a control-freak, and I say that in a positive way.  He's also the one building the culture and the front office is supporting that effort in personnel evaluation, among other things.  The players are guys that he can work with. 

I'm not saying other people don't get to communicate, only that he's leading this thing.

Curious to know if you’ve seen the Bills’ video from inside the draft room for 2019? Beane is in charge; no question about it. It’s his show 100%. Now I’m positive that he relies on Schoen, Morgan, Gaine, and McDermott, but there’s no ambiguity regarding who has final say.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Who do you think we will draft in round 1?

I'm calling my shot now and saying Laviska Shenault WR from Colorado

• Laviska Shenault, 6-2/220

• Wide Receiver

• Colorado

Laviska Shenault Scouting Report
By Charlie Campbell

Strengths:

• Rare toughness
  • Strong build
  • Is a fighter
  • Doesn't hesitate to get physical
  • Dangerous run-after-the-catch skills
  • Elusive open-field runner
  • Has a second gear as a runner
  • Picks up yards after contact
  • Quality route runner
  • Willing to go across the middle
  • Good hands
  • Quality height
  • Can generate separation
  • Tracks the ball well
  • Good technique
  • Adept at finding soft spots in zone
  • Plays hurt
  • Makes big plays in the clutch
  • Versatile receiver
  • Could be cross-trained as a X - split end -, Y - flanker -, or Z - slot
  • Phenomenal fit for a west coast offense
  • Able to contribute as a short-yardage running back

Weaknesses:

• Durability
  • Gets banged up
  • Good, but not great, speed
  • Good, but not great, size

This is exactly who I want. Durability is the only reason imo why he would fall to us. The guy is a beast.

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

It's so hard to say this early - there are good WR prospects throughout and we will probably take 2. You have the prospects tier within the WR group if let's say the top 5 are tier 1 and the next tier has 4 - what is the deference between the tiers? If the top tier is gone before 22 - is it a talent reach to go to tier 2 or do you go to the next position group? I think Beane would make the slight move up to grab one of the top tier WRs, but he won't give away next year's #1. It will be an Edmunds style trade and past history tells us it will be the freakish athlete who has a super high ceiling...

I get it but if we're looking for a size WR who can play on the outside and be in our top 3 (with Brown and Beasley) I like talking a pass rusher to replace Shaq in Round 1 like Weaver and a guy like Michael Pittman Jr in Round 2. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I really dontt think DS was considered a 5th round pick at the time of the draft.....it seemed to me he got drafted right around where predicted (a good thing for us)

• Like (+1) 1

I would imagine the Bills will move up or down with an eye toward edge rushers or corner in the first. I like CB Bryce Hall of UVA in the area Bills are picking. In the middle rounds I hope they can grab WR Lynn Bowden from UK. 

Edited by Floydboy12