Cleveland interviewing Jim Schwartz for HC

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hmmm wonder if he’s headed to Cleveland with his boy from the Patsies to be OC and McD isn’t too sad about it?

Deleted my post because it wasn't about Schwartz but close enough. Is Daboll still under contract with the Bills? How long are co-coordinator contracts typically?

On 1/7/2020 at 8:47 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t like their defense outside of Garrett. Vernon could be good but was hurt all year. Ogunjobi is ok. LBs arent great imo and schobert apparently on his way out (though that could change with the new GM and coach) Ward regressed a lot this year but I think it was due to scheme. He’s a man corner and they played a ton of zone. 

Denzel Ward is a good and highly talented player, no? 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I’ve stood next to him and the kid fits in a drinking glass. Fast though. 

I buy that about the frame (as does this profile - https://www.nfl.com/prospects/denzel-ward?id=32195741-5214-6753-6b71-7e5e98188e98), but I just wanted to stress that 5'11" is considered a perfectly fine height for CBs. They can't be too tall, of course. 6'1" seems to be about the height limit before you hit diminishing returns.

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I buy that about the frame (as does this profile - https://www.nfl.com/prospects/denzel-ward?id=32195741-5214-6753-6b71-7e5e98188e98), but I just wanted to stress that 5'11" is considered a perfectly fine height for CBs. They can't be too tall, of course. 6'1" seems to be about the height limit before you hit diminishing returns.

I had no idea how tall he is - or even if that is an accurate height for him. Just saying what I see. He’s no Jeff okudah

Edited by YoloinOhio

This would be a great hire.  The naysayers always want to point out Schwartz's final record in Detroit but 2 things to think about:

1. He took over a team that had just gone 0-16.  I can't imagine too many good or even great coaches winning much with an 0-16 team at least in the first year or two.

2. Bill Belichick's overall record with Cleveland was not a whole lot better.

When the Eagles lost Wentz a couple of years ago I really believe the defense under Schwartz was a big reason they were still able to win the superbowl.  And of course we all know how great the defense was when he was here.  Seems like it would be a perfect fit for Cleveland.