Cleveland interviewing Jim Schwartz for HC

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, cDAVIS said:

Jim was a great DC for buffalo. I was very upset when he didn't get the job. Also I'm glad we got our coach now

Yeah I was extremely angry over that. That defense was going all out for him. I was so angry to end up with friggen Rex Ryan and let Schwartz just walk away 

• Like (+1) 3

He doesn’t have a great record as a HC but he inherited a 0-16 team. He did get them to the playoffs at one point I thought. Has worked with #1 pick at QB. I just think he could elicit some respect from the locker room which is what the they need. Though I’m not sure who is more petty, him or Baker ?

I think Schwartz is an excellent candidate for a HC position, and if I was Browns I would hire him over Daboll...although I want the Browns (or anyone) to hire Daboll so we can get an OC that isn't great one minute and an idiot the next.

• Like (+1) 5

I found it interesting that the Schwartz request came right after their meeting with Daboll.  Could it be that Daboll said he'd want Schwartz to be DC if he got the job in Cleveland.  

I remember Michael Lombardi hinting Schwartz would welcome a change of scenery

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Estro said:

I found it interesting that the Schwartz request came right after their meeting with Daboll.  Could it be that Daboll said he'd want Schwartz to be DC if he got the job in Cleveland.  

I remember Michael Lombardi hinting Schwartz would welcome a change of scenery

Or the opposite they asked if he was OC who he'd like to work with.

Sometimes interviews are not just about candidate being interviewed.

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Or the opposite they asked if he was OC who he'd like to work with.

Sometimes interviews are not just about candidate being interviewed.

Would you really want to leave Josh Allen for Baker Mayfield?  Plus, he's already been an OC in Cleveland so a lateral transfer seems unlikely at this point.

Edited by Doc Brown

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Would you really want to leave Josh Allen for Baker Mayfield?  Plus, he's already been an OC in Cleveland so a lateral move seems unlikely at this point.

Yeah I don’t see a lateral move plus he’s “home” in Buffalo now and likely would prefer to stay all things equal. I think he would hate Baker’s personality. He might take it on for a HC job but not lateral move 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah I don’t see a lateral move plus he’s “home” in Buffalo now and likely would prefer to stay all things equal. I think he would hate Baker’s personality. He might take it on for a HC job but not lateral move 

He'd also have to deal with the divas around him in OBJ and Landry.  I can understand the talent argument being the best he's ever had to work with, but he'd have to have a lot of faith they're committed to rebuilding their o-line.

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He doesn’t have a great record as a HC but he inherited a 0-16 team. He did get them to the playoffs at one point I thought. Has worked with #1 pick at QB. I just think he could elicit some respect from the locker room which is what the they need. Though I’m not sure who is more petty, him or Baker ?

And then he immediately ran threw back into the ground.

This is an awesome search going for the Browns----Jim Schwartz!!