PFT: Uncalled helmet to helmet hit on Allen in OT could have set up GW FG

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Send this to Ford, Knox, and Morse with a note that says “this is the kind of rubbish that we have to hear when a 3 players miss a block that would’ve cleared the way for the QB to get into chip shot FG range”

Right, when the officials make one horrific call that alters the game like “Fail Mary” or the “just give it to ‘em” game, I get it. However, it’s not as if a terrible call determined the final play of that game. We do this every time we lose. It gets especially bad considering our Buffalo complex where we think the refs are out to get us. I’m good with placing blame where it’s due. The officials were terrible in this game, but our players earned the blame for that loss. Literally no one on the team stepped up Saturday, with the exception of Hauschka. It was a complete team loss. 

Edited by SirAndrew

Horrible non call of course and I agree that the Bills probably on balance suffer from the effects of poor officiating more often than most teams... and no I dont think it's a conspiracy to screw Buffalo, but rather the effects of being a bad and largely irrelevant franchise for the bulk of their existence. In other words teams like Detroit and Cleveland can likely make similar gripes.

However, after following this team for about 40 years one thing is certain in my mind: bad officiating will always exist everywhere and will continue to bite the Bills in the ass going forward. The only remedy is to be a superior team so that you dont find yourself in close games where these calls can alter the outcome. It sucks, but that's just the way it is.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He needs to start embellishing his reaction to the hits so that he gets the calls and they stop taking liberties.

Cam was a knucklehead and tried to play tough guy and didn't get calls and took more hits...........Allen doesn't do that but he doesn't work the officials enough.

I dunno, I've seen him pointing the hits out to the refs to no avail.   

Totally unlike JJ complaining about a missed hands to the face, and sure enough gets the call on the next play where there was no hands to the face.

I think this is honestly something that Kim needs to point out at owners meetings.  I can't see Pegs being good at that, but the Mrs can bring the hammer. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Good point.... I’m guessing if he plays dead there the flags come out.

He did almost look dead immediately after the hit.  It was more blatant than the call Cody got flagged for.  

• Like (+1) 1

The ignored RTP (put full weight on Josh) on Watt earlier in the series was another.  And that Ford block was not only wrong but something you never call in the playoffs unless you're looking to help one team.  Oh and that reversed TD call where the men in black jackets had to come onto the field was about the most corrupt thing I've seen yet.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

The ignored RTP (put full weight on Josh) on Watt earlier in the series was another.  And that Ford block was not only wrong but something you never call in the playoffs unless you're looking to help one team.  Oh and that reversed TD call where the men in black jackets had to come onto the field was about the most corrupt thing I've seen yet.

I was lmao at the time and expected a review/ reversal but not by refs with no reason to make a call as an alternate in case of injury 

23 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

hearing & reading posts like this just makes me more depressed. Yeah for sure there shouldve been a penalty there. There were lots of opportunities for us to win the game. Wrong or missed calls by the refs but more impactful imo were our own mistakes. It sucks to get blown out of a game, probably sucks even more to think you shouldve won a game when you lose it.

All we can do is hope this loss pains them & they turn it into extra motivation for next season.

• Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

id like to see less officiating in games, let these guys play... and actually adhere to rules as written when something happens.  I wouldn’t mind seeing replay for by the wayside as well for a lot of stuff 

“common sense prevails” will make a excellent meme.... I’ve never seen a nationalized sports contest where a contested play was clarified by “Inferred intentions and common sense prevailing”...

the NFL has become a clown show with officiating 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, B-Large said:

id like to see less officiating in games, let these guys play... and actually adhere to rules as written when something happens.  I wouldn’t mind seeing replay for by the wayside as well for a lot of stuff 

“common sense prevails” will make a excellent meme.... I’ve never seen a nationalized sports contest where a contested play was clarified by “Inferred intentions and common sense prevailing”...

the NFL has become a clown show with officiating

They need to allow almost everything to be open to review. 

I agree. Should’ve been a penalty. Clear helmet to helmet. However, I’m more mad at the execution of a well designed play. If Knox or Morse put that LB on his a** like they were supposed to, Josh puts us in FG range on that play alone. That means no dumb call on Ford, 3rd and 18 fiasco, or Watson escaping the sandwich sack. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Name the calls that benefited the Bills in that game. There were three terrible calls that benefited the Texans and cost the Bills dearly.

While I’d lobby for consistency across games, I could live with consistently not making the call for both teams.  I can live with consistently calling it tight for both teams. I don’t know why the nfl allows such inconsistency, but that’s a discussion for another day. 

I have trouble wrapping my head around multiple calls being missed or called that work to the detriment of one team only, on a national stage.  You can rationalize “ok fine” individually to TD No TD, Watson delay of game, Watt unsportsmanlike for body weight on JA, Hopkins first down generous spot in OT, and early in the game the very late contact on JA that knocked him down well after the whistle blew, the Allen helmet to the head, maybe even the crack back block early in the game—but collectively every one going against you while Houston played Pats-level mistake free football with Watson extending plays all game?  

Seems odd. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Large said:

most people don’t have 9 hours to watch 12-16 minutes of actual football action ?

Sorry, should have clarified that you would still have a limit on the number of challenges.  Although back in the day when everything could be challenged and no limit, the games didn't last much longer, if at all.

46 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Send this to Ford, Knox, and Morse with a note that says “this is the kind of rubbish that we have to hear when a 3 players miss a block that would’ve cleared the way for the QB to get into chip shot FG range”

yeah give the grills back to Josh you dumb asses!

29 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He needs to start embellishing his reaction to the hits so that he gets the calls and they stop taking liberties.

Cam was a knucklehead and tried to play tough guy and didn't get calls and took more hits...........Allen doesn't do that but he doesn't work the officials enough.

I would normally probably agree with this but not in this case.  If he embellishes that he would be taken often the field for concussion examination.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The no-call on the hit in reference is probably the most egregious official "mistake" of the entire game. That was a dangerous helmet to helmet hit that thankfully Josh got up from. IMO it appears that the officials were more concerned with the final outcome of the game instead of player safety, in this instance.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Ray Finkel said:

No in play penalties against Texans seems odd.  I saw Jerry Hughes getting choked out on a couple of occasions.

I'm fairly certain there is some unwritten ***** list that Jerry is on with the officials. He gets mugged nearly every game and never gets a holding call go his way.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, GG said:

I dunno, I've seen him pointing the hits out to the refs to no avail.   

Totally unlike JJ complaining about a missed hands to the face, and sure enough gets the call on the next play where there was no hands to the face.

I think this is honestly something that Kim needs to point out at owners meetings.  I can't see Pegs being good at that, but the Mrs can bring the hammer. 

He did almost look dead immediately after the hit.  It was more blatant than the call Cody got flagged for.  

Pointing after the fact doesn't draw flags.  Learning how to flop does.   Officials don't want illegal contact that results in injury with no flag on their tape.

It's a long term play..........you may have to sit out a play once in a while to get that 15 yards but it's worth it in real time and over the long haul.