PFT: Uncalled helmet to helmet hit on Allen in OT could have set up GW FG

YoloinOhio

16 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

If all they do is pick up the one guy, they are instantly in FG range with a 1st down. This play stuck with me...with two blockers not only getting beat but actually not even reacting to the tackler. 

And when you think about Knox in particular, he wasn't a receiving threat in college. Wasn't he primarily used as a blocker for their running game? He certainly has the natural talent to be a receiving threat, but his experience is in the run game. With such experience, you'd think he'd make the right block here. It makes the play that much more confounding.

11 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

And when you think about Knox in particular, he wasn't a receiving threat in college. Wasn't he primarily used as a blocker for their running game? He certainly has the natural talent to be a receiving threat, but his experience is in the run game. With such experience, you'd think he'd make the right block here. It makes the play that much more confounding.

He at least sometimes has another job. What is Morse's excuse? 

Houston and JJ are the sexier story.  Besides, as we're seeing, the NFL knows the refs can hose Buffalo because we're just not a team people care about.  If that game played out the exact same way but it was NE that was screwed against Houston the national media would be losing their minds right now.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

We; ran that play a fair amount this season and it always seemed to work well. It was well designed again, just like they wrote it up, poor execution, just like the 3rd and 18, right call, poor execution. Damn

45 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Houston and JJ are the sexier story.  Besides, as we're seeing, the NFL knows the refs can hose Buffalo because we're just not a team people care about.  If that game played out the exact same way but it was NE that was screwed against Houston the national media would be losing their minds right now.

I can't imagine fans around the league give any more of a crap about Houston than they do Buffalo.

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

But you could also be assured that BB knows the rules better then the refs and would know the correct call to argue.....

34 minutes ago, klos63 said:

We; ran that play a fair amount this season and it always seemed to work well. It was well designed again, just like they wrote it up, poor execution, just like the 3rd and 18, right call, poor execution. Damn

I can't imagine fans around the league give any more of a crap about Houston than they do Buffalo.

Which is why the calls will go against the Texans next week.  NFL wanted Houston to advance.  Watt's return made for the sexy storyline.  Now that it's played out, it's time for Mahomes' glory.  I had just meant the NFL knew not enough people would care about Buffalo, so they could screw them with impunity.

On 1/6/2020 at 7:12 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I honestly missed this live.  Add it to the list of things the refs screwed the Bills on in OT.  I am not a guy that harps on the refs, but we got royally screwed multiple times in OT.  

I believe Sal said You had zero in play penalties like holding pass interference, etc. Only pre snap. Pointed out how dare that is. It truly seemed like the officiating was much harder on us and truly cost us a cpl opportunities to put the game away. No excuses , but to say they had zero impact is ludacris