PFT: Uncalled helmet to helmet hit on Allen in OT could have set up GW FG

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, iinii said:

Shoulda, coulda, woulda. All the hand wringing over perceived missed calls is for whiners. To make everything right in the world why doesn’t the NFL put Buffalo and NO in the Super Bowl?

Perceived. LOL!

8 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Good point. I think Riveron and the referees' clear grudge against the Saints/Payton is at WWF-levels now (partly because the league hasn't forgotten Bountygate and loathes seeing Payton play the martyr). It's drama and entertainment for sure with that situation, and it generates eyeballs.

Yep, human nature.   You don't give people any benefit of the doubt if you don't like/trust them.   That's why screaming bloody murder about that non-PI call on NRC last year was the wrong thing to do and why I am not in favor of The Pegs saying anything publicly about the missed hits on Allen. 

Another fact of human nature is that much of officiating is anticipating.    The reason NRC didn't get that call was because it was so egregiously out of the realm of expected play results that the official was temporarily confused about what he saw.     If you officiate at the lower level of sports you come to know this feeling cuz kids do crazy unexpected sh*t sometimes. :lol:  You don't expect to see anything like that in the NFL.    

And with regard to that anticipation........you aren't inclined to call a helmet-to-helmet penalty on a QB who runs all the time who you aren't anticipating will be hurt by such a hit.   A skinny Tom Brady runs right the injury radar for an official turns on immediately.    Not the way we want officiating to be but the game is coming so fast that making the right call is MOSTLY about first anticipating what you are going to see.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

This is a horrible argument. So we blew a 16 point lead.  That excuses the refs from 3 absolutely game altering horrible calls against the Bills in OT where any one of them would of changed the outcome of the game.

- The helmet to helmet hit on Allen would of setup the Bills 1st & 10 at the Houston 27

- The no call on delay of game which would of put the titans at 3rd & 23 inside their 10 yard line

- The phantom call on Ford would of put the Bills 4th & 6 at the Houston 37.  

Get the hell out of here with your BS.  Bills fans are sick of getting screwed & for people that keep saying every team gets blown calls against them, that maybe true but it sure seems that it happens to the Bills a lot.  

Agree about the first two, but here's what Mike Pereira says about the non-call for the delay. The same thing happened in the Saints/Vikings game, and the announcers said the same on a play that got down to zero. 

Helmet to helmet, unsportsmanlike conduct on big hits and similar are so frustrating since there is no consistency in what is called and what is not. I have seen plays not even at the level of the hit on Allen called like an arm barely hitting a helmet or helmet to chest, yet they dont call that? QB gets destroyed as helmets collide and no Allen did not initiate or lower his head. I dont think Allen even saw it coming. Allen's helmet is almost knocked off. 

gettyimages-1197566237-e1578325979505.jpg?w=560&h=316&crop=1

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Helmet to helmet, unsportsmanlike conduct on big hits and similar are so frustrating since there is no consistency in what is called and what is not. I have seen plays not even at the level of the hit on Allen called like an arm barely hitting a helmet or helmet to chest, yet they dont call that? QB gets destroyed as helmets collide and no Allen did not initiate or lower his head. I dont think Allen even saw it coming. Allen's helmet is almost knocked off. 

gettyimages-1197566237-e1578325979505.jpg?w=560&h=316&crop=1

The NFL didn’t want the Texans to lose.

• Like (+1) 1

1) you deliberately ram your helmet through the back of the helmet of vulnerable WR well after the play is over, like Ray Lewis knocking Ochocincho's helmet 20 yards in the air and ground

2)  you deliberately put a forearm shiver right through the head of said vul-wr well after the play  is over

3) at the last microsecond the man on O lowers hits helmet right into the path of the D's  helmet and slight contact is made, nothing major

all 3 might get called in the first place or totally ignored, all 3 have an equal part in getting nothing or an ejection if they even get to the replay booth

enough already....

and again with this play of total football beauty.... glad nobody got hurt...

rules committee... THIS is targeting, delivered a few plays after a man on D was kicked out for bogus targeting... nothing less than this really deserves a penalty and ejection... which was deliberately and proudly taken

Edited by row_33

3 hours ago, Gordio said:

This is a horrible argument. So we blew a 16 point lead.  That excuses the refs from 3 absolutely game altering horrible calls against the Bills in OT where any one of them would of changed the outcome of the game.

- The helmet to helmet hit on Allen would of setup the Bills 1st & 10 at the Houston 27

- The no call on delay of game which would of put the titans at 3rd & 23 inside their 10 yard line

- The phantom call on Ford would of put the Bills 4th & 6 at the Houston 37.  

Get the hell out of here with your BS.  Bills fans are sick of getting screwed & for people that keep saying every team gets blown calls against them, that maybe true but it sure seems that it happens to the Bills a lot.  

Did I excuse the refs in my post? No I didn’t so get that non fact out of your brain. Fact remains if the players executed and quit making dumb mistakes and quit missing tackles we would’ve won. 

Can we stop with the dont complain about bad calls because Bills blew so many chances. Yes, we all know Bills had a 16-0 lead and it could have been more. They made a ton of mistakes and blew the game. That should not excuse horrible officiating. There is no justification for incompetence by the NFL. Refs should be fined or fired for bad calls. The NFL should have a review process in place to limit bad calls. The hit on Allen would be a very quick review to see the penalty and make the right call. Cleaning up definitions like on the "touch back" to start the second half or the Ford "blind side" block would go a long way. It is frustrating for fans which the NFL needs to survive to watch such incompetence impact the team they support. And yes through out the games call can go both ways. But when you have calls that impact the outcome at critical moments that is different. Its insanity. If you only have the reversed td on the touch back I get that. Then you add Ford's penalty and that changes things. Then add the no helmet to helmet. Then add then play clock. Then look big picture at no in game penalties on houston...you have to question not only incompetence but corruption. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Send this to Ford, Knox, and Morse with a note that says “this is the kind of rubbish that we have to hear when a 3 players miss a block that would’ve cleared the way for the QB to get into chip shot FG range”

I'll bet he gets into the end zone. 3 blockers downfield, there couldn't have been many defenders left.

33 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I'll bet he gets into the end zone. 3 blockers downfield, there couldn't have been many defenders left.

There was a safety looping around.  He likely makes the first down, but would need to break/evade tackles to score.

3 minutes ago, GG said:

There was a safety looping around.  He likely makes the first down, but would need to break/evade tackles to score.

I'll have to take your word for it because I have no intentions of ever watching that game again. Much like XXV.

Edited by klos63
  • Haha (+1) 1

The game never should of went to OT in the first place.  Those three bad calls (one non) would have never taken place.   The longer you play the more likely bad things will happen.

The offense has to get better next year to avoid this crap.  Just 6 points in the second half is not going to cut it. 

30 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I'll have to take your word for it because I have no intentions of ever watching that game again. Much like XXV.

Knox gets Cunningham, Feliciano gets the safety and Allen scores most likely. Everyone else is sealed off. Big play. 

Screenshot_20200106-153504_Chrome.jpg

12 minutes ago, klos63 said:

This will haunt me for a long time.

If all they do is pick up the one guy, they are instantly in FG range with a 1st down. This play stuck with me...with two blockers not only getting beat but actually not even reacting to the tackler. 

• Like (+1) 1