PFT: Uncalled helmet to helmet hit on Allen in OT could have set up GW FG

YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Stop whining. Ford's block was illegal and unnecessary. Same with Hughes. Three guys had a chance to block #41 and no one did. 

We choked and it was no one's fault but our own. 

Time to move on.

Both can be true. They could have made more plays. There were also some extremely poor calls - according to pretty much everyone Bills fan or not - that went against them in a the closest of games that to a man could have changed the outcome. And it’s a bills message board 48 hours after a playoff game. Not entirely shocking we might discuss articles posted by national media outlets discussing the officiating in the game.

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Send this to Ford, Knox, and Morse with a note that says “this is the kind of rubbish that we have to hear when a 3 players miss a block that would’ve cleared the way for the QB to get into chip shot FG range”

Those 3 clowns led the charge and butchered that entire play. I was waiting for one of them to pancake Cunningham.  At this point if that's the kind of blocking to expect on qb sweeps, dumbell might as well scrub them all....

3 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

You could on for days with all the missed calls in an NFL game. Officiating is terrible across the board, and no one benefits from it. 

No one benefits? The Texans were called for 2 offside penalties for the entire game and overtime. They committed two delay of games on purpose, the critical one they didn't do on purpose wasn't called of course. Not a single holding call on either side of the ball, no interference, etc., and when their kick returner makes a HUGE  boneheaded mistake that would have broken them, he is let of the hook and they pretend it didn't happen. No one benefits?  GTFO of here with that bull####.

Edited by Turk71
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They really had zero, squat, boopkiss penalties all game?  Into OT?

Is that a record?  Playoff record?

they had 2 delay of games (on punts) and a personal foul after the whistle I believe (might be missing one of two) but no live, in-play penalties. Pretty wild.

• Thank you (+1) 1

All I know is a true blindside block is what Landry put on Aaron ending his career. What Cody did Saturday was a perfectly legal block. It didn't even result in the player hitting the ground or anything. Houston didn't deserve that win and they know it. Im going to enjoy watching the JJ lovefest and Watson show get annihilated by Mahomes. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

All I know is a true blindside block is what Landry put on Aaron ending his career. What Cody did Saturday was a perfectly legal block. It didn't even result in the player hitting the ground or anything. Houston didn't deserve that win and they know it. Im going to enjoy watching the JJ lovefest and Watson show get annihilated by Mahomes. 

I mean, KC is just a wee bit better on offense than the Bills. If they go down 16-0 to the Chefs they will lose 42-10, and JJ can slink out of the playoffs once again. What a warrior though.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Please explain whether Ford lead with his head, shoulder, or forearm, and at what point he made “forcible” contact.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BradleyGelber/status/1213644881341628417?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-24341112421261816867.ampproject.net%2F1912201827130%2Fframe.html

Thanks in advance.

He can’t, he’s a clown...

It kinda caught me strange.  I thought: "no way do they call it at such a critical juncture in the game"... Yet, they were doing it to the Bills all game.

Like the 3rd18 clock at -1 second.  The refs are that far out of sync with the public clock?  Why even have the damn thing???

Sure appeared the deck was stacked.

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Pointing after the fact doesn't draw flags.  Learning how to flop does.   Officials don't want illegal contact that results in injury with no flag on their tape.

It's a long term play..........you may have to sit out a play once in a while to get that 15 yards but it's worth it in real time and over the long haul.

I'm thinking an even longer term play, which should span a long career.   Pegulas should have raised hell after the Dallas game fiasco when Allen was splattered after he slid feet first.    There was no excuse from the league, especially when the refs got caught on tape warning Boys to not do that again.

The message is clear - your marquee QBs are pushing 100 yrs old, and you'd better take steps to protect the next generation, unless you want to see games with dozens of Duck Rogers at the helm.  

• Like (+1) 1