What a year boys

Buffalo716

With the season in the rear view , and pain still fresh on our minds I thought I would share my thoughts for the future..

Football is a beautiful game. A game none the less but over my lifetime it was given me many things...

Jubilation, friends for life, pain, memories , and a sense of brotherhood

All of the Bills players are going through this right now, some more than others... For guys like Zo, it's a somber moment of realizing everything you worked your whole life for is over... His life is just beginning but hanging up those cleats for the last time after 20+ years is heartbreaking

For Guys like Allen it's about reflection and growth.. To look into the mirror and see how far he has grown ,only to say I'm not satisfied...and work even harder

The Bills have a young core of players. From Josh to Singletary, to Ed and Tremaine and Tre. Milano and others 

A great foundation to build the rest of the house

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither are football teams.. the Bills have been experiencing those growing pains while ready to blossom

With all the cap space and picks in this years draft I really see 2020 as the year the Bills breakthrough and win the East

Year 4 with McDermott and Beane should bring continuity that we haven't had in Buffalo in a long time

BILLIEVE 2020

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

<snip>

Year 4 with McDermott and Beane should bring continuity that we haven't had in Buffalo in a long time

BILLIEVE 2020

I was just reading about some of the NFL coaching changes. Then did laundry.

Glad the Bills rinse and repeat cycle of coaching is currently over.

• Thank you (+1) 1

They fell one expectation short on my list.....but that is ok

My prediction at the beginning of the season.....10 and 6 record, make the playoffs on a wildcard, win the wildcard, lose to a more rounded team

We lost in overtime in a very winnable game that if some bounces had fell our way.....we would still be playing this week

I dont want to make predictions for next year till I see what the offseason shakes out but we know our schedule will be tougher next year so

We need to continue to add pieces on offense, a speed/size/strength combo wide out that high points balls....Josh Allens passes all seem to have a high trajectory because his receivers are all short and they reach up for the ball.....GET SOME SIZE in the receiving core but not jags.....get guys who can separate and catch and will fight for balls and will do something with it when they have it

Figure out RT.....if its Ty ok...Ford is probalby not the guy....but figure it out....and have a backup to our starter that can come in and not get our QB killed.

Allen is working with Palmer in the offeseason on proper footwork for deep passes (which were available to us all season and actually woudl have won some games that we lost)

Devin S. is a starting back....but he is not a 25 carry a game back.....we need a quality guy who brings a different dimension to him to back up DS and not fade as the season wears on the way Frank Gore did......DS wears them down......the relief comes in and has a break away play because of the change up in speed in the backs

Lorax is going to need to be replaced.....I dont know if that guy is on the team right now...Lorax lost steam as the season went on....still one of my favorite players though

Whatever we DO.....we cannot sit pat and think we can accomplish the same thing next year.......the progression to improve both starters and backs needs to continue.......I think next year we contend.

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

With the season in the rear view , and pain still fresh on our minds I thought I would share my thoughts for the future..

Football is a beautiful game. A game none the less but over my lifetime it was given me many things...

Jubilation, friends for life, pain, memories , and a sense of brotherhood

All of the Bills players are going through this right now, some more than others... For guys like Zo, it's a somber moment of realizing everything you worked your whole life for is over... His life is just beginning but hanging up those cleats for the last time after 20+ years is heartbreaking

For Guys like Allen it's about reflection and growth.. To look into the mirror and see how far he has grown ,only to say I'm not satisfied...and work even harder

The Bills have a young core of players. From Josh to Singletary, to Ed and Tremaine and Tre. Milano and others 

A great foundation to build the rest of the house

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither are football teams.. the Bills have been experiencing those growing pains while ready to blossom

With all the cap space and picks in this years draft I really see 2020 as the year the Bills breakthrough and win the East

BILLIEVE 2020

Man, after reading some of the mindless crap around here since the game ended, this post is a cool drink of water. Much appreciated.

The 2019 bills achieved what many thought was their ceiling.   If we knew what they were going to accomplish back on 9/1/19 we would be pretty happy.

I would have loved to check the box of beating NE at least once and getting that playoff win.  But not quite yet.

Here is what I’m happy about.  Josh played a full season.   He maximized his experience.   This will pay dividends next season.  Let’s win the East.   That is the goal. 

2019 was the best season to be a Bills fan in 20 years and with the thought us being young at key positions not old like the late 90s teams, it might have been the best season to be a fan in the last 25. If we spend our money & draft as well as we did this year winning the East might be a bit low for expectations. Every loss we had this year, no matter how good the team was, was by 7 points or less with the exception of the Iggles game.

A special thanks to Kyle(Last Year), Lorax & Gore this year for being great leaders in the locker room. It was great to have these men around to show the young guys what it takes to be a pro in this league. I love this team because it is a team in every sense of the word. I love them because they love one another and their fans and it's shown in their actions and words. I love them because while they may be short on talent in some games, they are tough as nails and have oh so much heart. They are a great representation of what a Western New Yorker is.

What a year to be a Bills fan!

Here's to next year!

GO BILLS!!

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

This is a great thread.  

The 2019 season really took me back to the heady days of the '90's.  Making the playoffs changes the holiday season completely.  The sun's a little brighter, I laugh a little harder, and I drink to celebrate & not to forget!  Even though we only got one game this time, this past weekend was awesome.  Not being able to sleep on Friday, all of the anticipation on Saturday, and then a really fun game until the end.  I even had a few moments around halftime where I was able to genuinely relax and take it all in.

And the best part is that this is just the start.  We all know it - they're building something special w/ this team.  Good times ahead.

Next year this team is going to have to deal with a tougher schedule, heightened expectations, probably more injuries to overcome, and a lot more traveling.  If Josh Allen continues to progress I think we'll be fine.  I have enough faith in Beane that he'll make the most out of the draft and be aggressive yet wise with the 80 million in cap space.

It is fun to watch some of the Bills clan Nash their teeth at a season that turned out to be good, when many never thought we would win 7 games, the “process “ continues, and the team is in a good position to get noticeably better for 2020,  enjoy the ride fellas,

Go Bills!!!

It was a fun season. 10 wins for the first time in a long time. Big wins on the road and in primetime. Next season will be tougher. Travel schedule is tough with many games out west. Expectations to build on this season from the fans and media will be placed on the Bills. Looking forward to the 2020 season and the realistic goal of winning the AFCE.

16 hours ago, K-9 said:

Man, after reading some of the mindless crap around here since the game ended, this post is a cool drink of water. Much appreciated.

No problem

And I figured everybody is hurting so somebody has to flip the script

I'm devastated, trust me, I wasn't gonna post for a while... But I saw the despair here and had to bring some positive vibes

The city and the fans need it

• Thank you (+1) 1