Anyone else surprised that Frazier has no HC interviews?

47 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Unless I missed something, I'm shocked that he hasn't been asked to interview for any openings.

Kinda surprised Daboll has and not him

He will get interviews because of rule the NFL has for black coaches but no team will ever hire him this season.  Now if the Bills have another great defensive year and a make run in playoffs because of their defense then that could change.  Nice guy but way too conservative a coach 

1 minute ago, BfloBillsFan said:

I agree that he played the second half too conservatively, still, had one of the best units in football with only one All-pro.  You could have argued that Daboll's play calling was too conservative most of the season.

I was at the game he pulled out our best players and used the prevent scheme he was just trying to run out the clock and hope that we came out ahead. Didn’t they learn from the Cleveland game to stop playing that conservative stuff.
It only stops you from winning. Bills fans are very knowledgeable they will not stand for this next year. 

I agree with other posters that he is in the best position he could be in. He's not a rah-rah type of guy. I get the vibe that he doesn't want too much of the spotlight and he's happy where he is, which is great for us.

Let teams be dumb and pick Daboll as their head coach. It would be a blessing to lose him this year. 

My guess is that his being on the dark side of 60 doesn't help.   Bill B and Pete Caroll were hired well before their 60th bday and I believe the only Sr aged HC hired in recent memory is Fazio in DEN

Edited by freddyjj

Our defense isn't that good & only performs well against backup caliber QBs. Fraizer already failed as a HC

Daboll got something out of Josh Allen, which many view as a miracle based on their pre draft opinion of Allen. 

Edited by uticaclub
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

It wasn't good in MN. He has several years more experience in the league now and an even better resume since then.  I'm quite surprised he's not at least getting interviews. 

I am not surprised he isnt getting interviews, only because he is a DC on a team where the Head Coach is a defensive guy.   If it was 100% him, it may be different.

However, to your point about the years of experience, he lost exactly two more games than Belichick did in his 1st three years in Cleveland.   A quarterback makes a hell of a difference.

Yes but be happy, consistency helps build good teams.... I am not a giant Daobl fan..BUT to be honest....id like to keep things while winning as consistent as possible for the young QB. when you keep switching OC/HC/DC is when i think you get in trouble.