Anyone else surprised that Frazier has no HC interviews?

2 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Unless I missed something, I'm shocked that he hasn't been asked to interview for any openings.

Kinda surprised Daboll has and not him

Well.. I keep thinking of the Defensive breakdowns in a number of games

Lets start with Houston blown lead , before that 

The New England  blown lead, before that 

Kudos' for the Ravens  but .....  

The Cleveland blown lead
The entire Eagles game 

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Unless I missed something, I'm shocked that he hasn't been asked to interview for any openings.

No. Because teams want Offensive Minded Coaches to pair with their QB and the Rules Changes 

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's a retread HC ... Nothing new or flashy and he certainly won't be a first tier candidate

Giving up 19 points in 1.3 quarters doenst help

...which means he'll probably get a couple of token, embarrassing Rooney Rule compliance calls.....isn't that what Jurrah did with Marvin Lewis?.....at the same time, his first tenure wasn't so good...he'll be 61 in April may may be comfortable in is DC role vs HC rigors.....where Schwartz resettled.....

Nope.  He's just a defensive play caller, McD constructed the defense.  Frazier is also a very conservative coach, I think teams are looking for more aggressive and cutting edge coaches.  Finally, his tenure in Minnesota wasn't anything spectacular at all; at his age, chances are he hasn't changed...why take the risk.

16 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Well.. I keep thinking of the Defensive breakdowns in a number of games

Lets start with Houston blown lead , before that 

The New England  blown lead, before that 

Kudos' for the Ravens  but .....  

The Cleveland blown lead
The entire Eagles game 

That's part of it I'm sure

Then there's the part where he had a 4 year shot as HC of the Vikings.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

His tenure is MN was simply awful, so his shot came and went; DC is where he seems to excel at the most

It wasn't good in MN. He has several years more experience in the league now and an even better resume since then.  I'm quite surprised he's not at least getting interviews. 

39 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He's a retread HC ... Nothing new or flashy and he certainly won't be a first tier candidate

Giving up 19 points in 1.3 quarters doenst help

Plus he was way too conservative hardly any blitzes that’s not going to win. 

23 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Im not surprised.  He doesn't strike me as a future great HC in the waiting personally.  McD gets a lot of credit for the defense too, and should.  

And like someone already said, the en vogue thing to do is focus on offensive minded HC's right now.  But honestly, I think its a mistake.  

Look around the league, the best HC's in football are mostly guys who came from defensive backgrounds and known for being great defensive minds.  And if you look at the Super Bowl wining HC's its apparent that coaches with Defensive minds have dominated the so called "offensive era".

2019 - Pats:  Defensive HC (BB is best defensive mind to ever coach) 

2018 - Eagles:  Offensive HC

2017 - Pats:  Defensive HC

2016 - Broncos:  Offensive HC, but won with a prolific defense and a below average offense

2015 - Pats:  Defensive HC

2014 - Seahawks:  Defensive HC

2013 - Ravesn:  Defensive HC

2012 - Coughlin:  Offensive HC, but won with a prolific defensive and a below average offense

2011 - Packers:  Offensive HC

2010 - Saints:  Offensie HC

So lets recap the last decade.  6 out of the ten SB's were won by teams coached by guys with a defensive background.  Of the 4 won by offensive minded head coaches though, 2 were a direct result of a menacing defense.  

This is why I think its funny when people tell me its "all offense" and that you cant win with a defense or defensive minded head coach.  Its just not factually true, and its actually been the opposite.  

And looking around the NFL first weekend, defense was the story of the first weekend of the playoffs.  But every time someone like a McVay comes in and has early success, everyone looks to copy it.  Yet McVay still hasn't won anything, had his innovative offense crushed in his lone Super Bowl and now that the league has caught up with him more, seen his offensive success become inconsistent and he didn't even make the playoffs this year.  

Look at Sean Payton...there was a time everyone was looking for their own Sean Payton.  Yes he got a Super Bowl ring, but that was also the only year he had a good defense really.  Most years he has flat out missed the playoffs (with a healthy Brees every year) or been upset in the playoffs like he was this year.  And its always on some defensive miscue or gaff too.  

Come playoff time, defense matters.  Which is why I think McD is going to have along and successful career as a HC.  But like I said, Frazier to me doesn't stand out as a strong candidate, however, I would still prefer to interview him over Daboll if was a team owner.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BfloBillsFan said:

Would have thought he had would be considered for a vacancy before Daboll

He already was coach of the Vikings, He’s too conservative in this modern time! Only rushing four,  prevent defense just didn’t get it done in the second half trying to run out the clock. 

1 minute ago, popcornpam said:

He already was coach of the Vikings, He’s too conservative in this modern time! Only rushing four,  prevent defense just didn’t get it done in the second half trying to run out the clock. 

I agree that he played the second half too conservatively, still, had one of the best units in football with only one All-pro.  You could have argued that Daboll's play calling was too conservative most of the season.