Biggest Bills needs this offseason

Estro

In order of priority:

1. A big bruiser 2nd RB  (I never want to see Frank Gore in a Bills uniform again).  It's going to take me a while getting over the fact this coaching staff was dumb enough to give a guy that can't run 9 touches in a playoff game.  Perhaps one of the most baffling decisions by the Bills coaching staff this season. Totally inexcusable.

2. A backup QB.  If Allen ever goes down for a week or a month, find me a guy who can come in, manage the game and maybe go 2-2 over 4 games.  I think Matt Barkley is not that guy.  How about Case Keenum?  I like him as a $4M insurance policy,

3.  A pass rusher.  I think our defense was schemed very well this season to create pressure, but from a talent standpoint this team could use a guy who can get home and bother the QB.  Lawson might not be back, Murphy is aging, Hughes is aging.....we need an influx of youth at the pass rushing position

4. A Wide receiver.  I don't care if it's a slot guy or an outside guy, just find me a guy that has really good hands and good YAC ability.  There were too many drops this season, and with Allen's poor accuracy you need to find a guy with great hands who can pluck fastballs away from his frame.

5.  Attempt to upgrade the kicking game.  The punter was not good.  Hauschka doesn't appear to have the leg strength he once had......not terrible, but not great

6.  Can never have enough CB's.  McDermott seems to get the most out of CB's.  Tre White has become an All-Pro under his tutelage.  Levi Wallace has developed nicely.  Siran Neal and Taron Johnson have both proved they can play ion this league.  Kevin Johnson showed something but is a FA.  Draft a guy they like in the middle rounds and have another guy in the pipeline to develop.

What say you?

Edited by Estro

1) Agree.  100% certain we address RB.  However, WR is far and away priority #1

2) Agree.  Not sure we address this, but I don't feel super comfortable with Barkley after that Jets game.

3) Agree.  I'd let Phillips and Lawson walk, then slide that money over to a FA pass rusher.

4) Agree.  100% certain we address this, and perhaps bring in 2 WR's.

5) Agree.  Bojo is not good.  Haushka, either/or... im fine whichever way they go. 

6) Disagree on being a priority.  We don't dress a ton of CB's.  I'd keep the same secondary and re-sign KJ.  White/Taron/KJ/Levi/Hyde/Poyer/Jaquan/Siran

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

We need a DK Metcalf type WR to line up across from John Brown.

Upgrade at least one spot on the oline. We have a bunch of average starters, which is fine, but we need to get one or two dominant starters there.

2nd running back. Maybe Yeldon can play that role. No more Gore, please.

Linebacker and edge rusher on defense. More corner and linebacker depth. Interior defensive line should be good.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Estro said:

In order of priority:

1. A big bruiser 2nd RB  (I never want to see Frank Gore in a Bills uniform again).  It's going to take me a while getting over the fact this coaching staff was dumb enough to give a guy that can't run 9 touches in a playoff game.  Perhaps one of the most baffling decisions by the Bills coaching staff this season. Totally inexcusable.

2. A backup QB.  If Allen ever goes down for a week or a month, find me a guy who can come in, manage the game and maybe go 2-2 over 4 games.  I think Matt Barkley is not that guy

3.  A pass rusher.  I think our defense was schemed very well this season to create pressure, but from a talent standpoint this team could use a guy who can get home and bother the QB.  Lawson might not be back, Murphy is aging, Hughes is aging.....we need an influx of youth at the pass rushing position

4. A Wide receiver.  I don't care if it's a slot guy or an outside guy, just find me a guy that has really good hands and good YAC ability.  There were too many drops this season, and with Allen's poor accuracy you need to find a guy with great hands who can pluck fastballs away from his frame.

5.  Attempt to upgrade the kicking game.  The punter was not good.  Hauschka doesn't appear to have the leg strength he once had......not terrible, but not great

6.  Can never have enough CB's.  McDermott seems to get the most out of CB's.  Tre White has become an All-Pro under his tutelage.  Levi Wallace has developed nicely.  Siran Neal and Taron Johnson have both proved they can play ion this league.  Kevin Johnson showed something but is a FA.  Draft a guy they like in the middle rounds and have another guy in the pipeline to develop.

What say you?

I'm haven't thought about it much yet, but if I were you I would ask @High Football IQ. He's the man in the know!

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Estro said:

In order of priority:

2. A backup QB.  If Allen ever goes down for a week or a month, find me a guy who can come in, manage the game and maybe go 2-2 over 4 games.  I think Matt Barkley is not that guy

What say you?

i would agree with the rb as a big need. We need weapons on offense but let's make sure the guy can catch the ball well too.  We need to have that option to beat teams just running it down their throats.  It's not the cool thing to do and everyone wants the pass game but lets set the pass game up with a big run game.  If there is a day Allen doesn't have his best stuff you get that run game going like the titans did to the pats. Big defense, big run game. Wins. 

We also need a wr in a bad way as well so let's address both spots. 

24 minutes ago, Estro said:

In order of priority:

What say you?

WR

Pass rusher ( Judon to replace Lorenzo Alexander) LB

More depth at DE - another pass rusher

If they don't roll the dice with Ford - kick him inside, don't re-sign Spain and get a high quality RT in FA

RB - I don't think it needs to be a bruiser.  I think Singletary is not a scat back, so I'm good with a quality runner.  Doesn't matter what style

More depth at DB

What do you think comes from all these nationally televised game ratings being through the roof? 

More spotlight games? Tweaks to uniform? 

I feel weve gotten significantly more attention even to the highest levels of the nfl. As this team has set what.. four separate game televised highest ratings? 

35 minutes ago, Estro said:

In order of priority:

1. A big bruiser 2nd RB  (I never want to see Frank Gore in a Bills uniform again).  It's going to take me a while getting over the fact this coaching staff was dumb enough to give a guy that can't run 9 touches in a playoff game.  Perhaps one of the most baffling decisions by the Bills coaching staff this season. Totally inexcusable.  I totally agree here.  A guy like Henry for the Titans.  Does anyone think the Titans beat NE without Henry?  Or the Bills would have lost with someone like him? 

2. A backup QB.  If Allen ever goes down for a week or a month, find me a guy who can come in, manage the game and maybe go 2-2 over 4 games.  I think Matt Barkley is not that guy.  I think Barkley could be a serviceable back up so it depends on what 'upgrade' would be available. 

3.  A pass rusher.  I think our defense was schemed very well this season to create pressure, but from a talent standpoint this team could use a guy who can get home and bother the QB.  Lawson might not be back, Murphy is aging, Hughes is aging.....we need an influx of youth at the pass rushing position.  I'd look to re-sign Lawson and if he can be replaced release Murphy.  Admit I never liked the signing but he's played okay but just okay.  Need to think about replacing Hughes as his career comes to an end.

4. A Wide receiver.  I don't care if it's a slot guy or an outside guy, just find me a guy that has really good hands and good YAC ability.  There were too many drops this season, and with Allen's poor accuracy you need to find a guy with great hands who can pluck fastballs away from his frame.  A big, athletic, good route runner with good hands would be great.  Draft looks to have several that might fit here.

5.  Attempt to upgrade the kicking game.  The punter was not good.  Hauschka doesn't appear to have the leg strength he once had......not terrible, but not great.  Agree. Punts have been erratic and way too many touch backs.  

6.  Can never have enough CB's.  McDermott seems to get the most out of CB's.  Tre White has become an All-Pro under his tutelage.  Levi Wallace has developed nicely.  Siran Neal and Taron Johnson have both proved they can play ion this league.  Kevin Johnson showed something but is a FA.  Draft a guy they like in the middle rounds and have another guy in the pipeline to develop.  Maybe not an area of need but if opportunity knocks answer the door on CB.

What say you?

I'll throw a couple more out there.

Left guard, I'd keep Feliciano at RG

OLB with size and speed to cover and blitz.

Upgrade for Poyer at safety as his run support is a little weak.

1. WR - need someone with a bit of size (6'1 or bigger) who can make some contested catches

2. CB - another high end CB beside White would make this defense unstoppable 

3. DE - need to always be adding pass rushers

4. SLB - need to replace Lorenzo Alexander

5. RT - Could use competition here, although I suspect Ford gets another full year

6. Punter