Offense Starters for 2020

KingBoots8

With the season at an end, now we need to look towards next season and upgrading certain positions. Of our starters, who are the most secure with their positions on offense? Here are my “safe bets” :

QB Josh Allen
RB Devin Singletary

TE Knox

LT Dawkins

C Morse

G Feliciano

WR Brown

WR Beasley

I think anyone else could be shifted around (ex. RT Ford moving to Guard) or lose their spot altogether. Any others you think should be 100% “the guy” next year?

*Edited to add Brown and Beasley

Edited by KingBoots8

1 minute ago, KingBoots8 said:

With the season at an end, now we need to look towards next season and upgrading certain positions. Of our starters, who are the most secure with their positions on offense? Here are my “safe bets” :

QB Josh Allen
RB Devin Singletary

TE Knox

LT Dawkins

C Morse

G Feliciano

I think anyone else could be shifted around (ex. RT Ford moving to Guard) or lose their spot altogether. Any others you think should be 100% “the guy” next year?

I think the Bill will work to resign Spain. I do believe John Brown is a safe bet for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ogham26 said:

John brown and cole Beasley in the slot are locks as well.  cody ford at guard or tackle is a lock imo.  

I forgot to add them- break ended at work and I hit submit before I looked that over lol. Gonna update my list ASAP

4 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

I think the Bill will work to resign Spain. I do believe John Brown is a safe bet for sure.

Depends.  If the Bills make the decision to keep Ford on the outside then yes.  If not, then I think they let Spain go and Ford moves inside.

Personally, the latter would be my choice.

• Like (+1) 1

I really hope we trade Dawkins and get a better replacement.  He’s going to get paid after next season and I don’t think he’s worth it.  Rather than let him go, trade him and get what would be his comp pick a couple years early so we can get his replacement.  

I’m worried that we won’t be able to pay all these young kids down the road.  Looking ahead, trade the guys you’re not going to keep, a la the pats with seymour, Chandler Jones and Jaimie Collins 

Agreed with your locks, but i'm not sure where Brown and Beasley wind up in the new WR room. 

I could easily see us going after two big/fast WR's to play on the outside, Brown becoming the playmaker speed guy and Beasley to the slot only.

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am of the mind they let Spain walk.   He and Ford were the worst players on the line this year, and Ford was a 2nd round pick so he gets time.

I imagine they move Ford to one of the guard spots and let Spain walk.  

Why do people keeps saying this didn't Spain not give up a sack all year?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Why do people keeps saying this didn't Spain not give up a sack all year?

No clue. 

If the Bills really want to have an upper echelon OL, they can re-sign Spain, kick Ford inside to RG, move Feliciano to utility man and go after someone like Conklin in FA.

I won't hate it if they feel Ford can improve at RT though.. He did show some promise there.

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am of the mind they let Spain walk.   He and Ford were the worst players on the line this year, and Ford was a 2nd round pick so he gets time.

I imagine they move Ford to one of the guard spots and let Spain walk.  

Spain gave up zero sacks in pass protection all year. 

Just now, SCBills said:

No clue. 

If the Bills really want to have an upper echelon OL, they can re-sign Spain, kick Ford inside to RG, move Feliciano to utility man and go after someone like Conklin in FA.

I won't hate it if they feel Ford can improve at RT though.. He did show some promise there.

Ford will definitely get a shot at it but I'm sure they bring someone in to make it a serious competition for him.

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I really hope we trade Dawkins and get a better replacement.  He’s going to get paid after next season and I don’t think he’s worth it.  Rather than let him go, trade him and get what would be his comp pick a couple years early so we can get his replacement.  

I’m worried that we won’t be able to pay all these young kids down the road.  Looking ahead, trade the guys you’re not going to keep, a la the pats with seymour, Chandler Jones and Jaimie Collins 

thats way down the road

13 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

I didn’t lock Spain since he is a FA but I would not be mad with bringing him back personally. Our OL had some many revolving parts but my short term memory can’t draw up an instance where I thought Spain blew his assignment 

Spain has supposedly said he wants to be here and work out something before UFA begins. To me that says he really wants to be here or is just worried he won't be brought back if we elect to not re-sign him early. Personally I want him here and I get why people want to shift Ford but man Spain was solid this year.