which of these 3 cost the Bills more

dbfla10

6 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Allen fumble that he was ruled down on... my wife looked at that vid of him on sideline and said he looked scared... no one came over to lift his spirits pick him up... coaches?, Vets where the hell were you... he lost some of his moxy after that... 

Someone who doesn't watch football much was with me at the bar and he said "that guy looks nervous and moment looks too big for him" he didn't even know the player's name was Allen. I also had the exact same thought that the moment got too big for him when Houston started a comeback and he fumbled. He looked nervous out there. 

• Like (+1) 1

Neal seems to get a pass on the missed sack, he got there first if I recall. Then Milano came in and the double collision from opposite sides kept Watson upright rather than falling over had he got hit from only one side. Just a matters of physics not some supernatural strength by Watson.

So I vote missed block.

8 hours ago, MJS said:

There were a couple passes tt probably should have been intercepted, but we're dropped. And he had that near fumble where luckily his knee was down.

Also, given that we played extra time in overtime, 46 passes isn't really that many. Know what his pass attempts were by the end of the 4th?

Some passes that should’ve been caught by his OWN men too

8 hours ago, MJS said:

There were a couple passes that probably should have been intercepted, but we're dropped. And he had that near fumble where luckily his knee was down.

Also, given that we played extra time in overtime, 46 passes isn't really that many. Know what his pass attempts were by the end of the 4th?

You don't really understand how statistics work do you? 

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

You don't really understand how statistics work do you? 

That's quite the assumption. I'm actually well versed in statistics and data science. That's my job.

My argument had absolutely nothing to do with statistics. And I'd be surprised if *you* know anything about statistics.

The Allen sweep blocking was obviously awful but there was another missed block that I can remember that could have been really impactful. It was the screen play where Singeltary got huge yardage near the end of the 4th?. He goes out there with Cody Ford  and they both run down the sideline together. Unfortunately, Ford is either too slow or doesn't pick up the sprinting Texan defender who runs right by him and tackles Motor and ends the play. I thought Singeltary might have scored and we would have been up 4 with no time for the Texans to respond..

3 hours ago, MJS said:

That's quite the assumption. I'm actually well versed in statistics and data science. That's my job.

My argument had absolutely nothing to do with statistics. And I'd be surprised if *you* know anything about statistics.

Your conclusion that having more passes being due to overtime has any relation to impact the likelihood of turnovers was inane. 

12 hours ago, billsherd said:

Someone who doesn't watch football much was with me at the bar and he said "that guy looks nervous and moment looks too big for him" he didn't even know the player's name was Allen. I also had the exact same thought that the moment got too big for him when Houston started a comeback and he fumbled. He looked nervous out there. 

I rewatched the game and I agree.  Allen seemed to lose it after he lost the fumble.  Up until then he’d played very well overall, but after he was a mess.  He was in the biggest game of his life and at then at the end things ramped up and he had real issues.  He reverted to hero ball and hesitated on throws rather than get through his progressions.  Some missed blocks and JJ Watt being JJ Watt certainly exacerbated the situation, but Josh made a mistake of some kind on most of the plays from the fumble on.  Meanwhile Watson had ice in his veins.  I’m sure that this wouldn’t be news to him and that he knows that he needs to grow from this.  Let’s hope he does because he’s our QB moving forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Your conclusion that having more passes being due to overtime has any relation to impact the likelihood of turnovers was inane. 

I didn't make that conclusion. Try again. I made the conclusion that playing in overtime increased the number of Allen's pass attempts.

On 1/6/2020 at 2:11 PM, dbfla10 said:

The missed sack by Milano

Cunningham blowing by 3 olineman  and blowing up Allen

Fords "blindside" block

Ah, yes. Noob threads. Always so intuitive. You answered your own question by listing 3 possible reasons. If there’s 3, there’s plenty more plays to choose from -and there are. ?

The sweep imo by far was the worst since it happened first and was going for big yardage and the other two plays would of never happened.

Sealing the edge is engrained early on sweep plays so how there isn't an urgency by knox to get on the LB and then I'm guessing Morse not looking for him shows me that is Knox's guy to block and is late to get there so he is not looking for him.

Still didn't like the defender leading with the helmet there as well but make the blocks guys 

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I would add a 4th selection,  playing soft zone on 3rd & 18. And your lbs and safeties back 30 yards. Brilliant coaching & execution? 

One of the few times you saw McD throwing his players under the bus when he said some of "our younger players" dropped back too far and allowed the open space.   You can take a guess at who he was referring to.