which of these 3 cost the Bills more

dbfla10

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Chris Brown said that miss was on Morse.  Not sure.  I will have to watch it again. or are we not talking about the Allen sweep?

if it was it just adds to the fact that Morse has been disgustingly underwhelming this season. we could have prob got that production out of a average veteran Center instead of overpaying him. 

1 hour ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Honestly I think Dimarco should have better timed his jump. That 40 yards probably gets Josh to 300. ?

If you watch the play again, when Josh looked and threw the ball, DiMarco was two yards past his guy and open. Josh threw it well short. Like ten yards. DiMarco had to completely stop, wait, and jump, which he did time horribly and could have caught.

• Like (+1) 1

The missed block on #41 by 3 guys. Josh runs for 20+ yards there maybe even scores. Knox was the moat culpable followed by Feliciano I think. Morse was the last guy of the three but he was the least in position to make the block. That's what I recall off the top of my head. Medium range FG to win would have been the worst outcome if #41 is blocked

19 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

if it was it just adds to the fact that Morse has been disgustingly underwhelming this season. we could have prob got that production out of a average veteran Center instead of overpaying him. 

While I agree with your Morse season assessment, I think it was Knox's play to make

3 hours ago, MJS said:

If you're not a Milano fan, you're nuts. Milano makes impact plays all the time and is good in coverage. He's young and will continue to improve. What's more, when he has been out the defense has noticeably suffered.

Not true. He is a solid player but he's not that great in coverage and he actually didn't make that many game changing plays this year. He is a fine weak side linebacker but the need a much better attacking linebacker to replace Lorax.

2 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

My heart sunk when they converted.  Right then and there I knew this was going to be a 50/50 game with the Bills not having the fortitude to withstand a comeback. 

If you want to see how a winning organization operates look no further than the final drive in  Seahawk/Eagle game Sunday. Third and long for Wilson Eagles have a single TO left. Hand it off and make them burn their last one correct? NO! Go for the jugular and throw that SOB deep to finish em off. That's how you win guys. To watch the Bills gradually sink into a conservative funk the last half was giving me a sense of the inevitable. Another loss or at least a unnecessarily close game. Damn I can't handle watching Gore slam into the line for 1.5 yds on first down any more. Essentially wasting a down. 

Edited by Dante

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Not true. He is a solid player but he's not that great in coverage and he actually didn't make that many game changing plays this year. He is a fine weak side linebacker but the need a much better attacking linebacker to replace Lorax.

Yeah, but you seem to be down on most players. Milano made a ton of big plays this year.

Just now, MJS said:

Yeah, but you seem to be down on most players. Milano made a ton of big plays this year.

Agree. However, that is who he is, a playmaker, and a playmaker makes plays. He misses a bunch of plays, too, which a lot of fans seem to gloss over. Because he is who he is, and was right there, he has GOT to make that tackle and he didn't. That's exactly the kind of play that makes him good to very good and he blew it.

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

1st and 10 on the 43 in OT. Those two Bills seal their blocks and Allen is still running down the sideline. Game over.

That was 100% in the Bills' control.

Screenshot_20200106-153504_Chrome.jpg

Jeez. This is going to bother me for a long time. Perfect play design. The game should have been over here.

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Agree. However, that is who he is, a playmaker, and a playmaker makes plays. He misses a bunch of plays, too, which a lot of fans seem to gloss over. Because he is who he is, and was right there, he has GOT to make that tackle and he didn't. That's exactly the kind of play that makes him good to very good and he blew it.

Yes. He missed that play. Should have made it. He deserves criticism for that play.

Just now, QB Bills said:

Jeez. This is going to bother me for a long time. Perfect play design. The game should have been over here.

It's like they had their eyes closed. Or like they had been paid off to miss the block. I just can't fathom how they didn't see him. How does a defender run through three blockers without being touched? Without even getting a reaction from them? And to top it all off, the defender led with his helmet and initiated contact.

Should have been a penalty. Just so much wrong with this play.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Josh Allen's fumble needs to be on this list

I thought it was a real momentum killer

guy was asked to pass 46 times and run a bunch more.  1 turnover is actually phenomenal ball protection given the burden placed on him. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Chaos said:

guy was asked to pass 46 times and run a bunch more.  1 turnover is actually phenomenal ball protection given the burden placed on him. 

There were a couple passes that probably should have been intercepted, but we're dropped. And he had that near fumble where luckily his knee was down.

Also, given that we played extra time in overtime, 46 passes isn't really that many. Know what his pass attempts were by the end of the 4th?

Edited by MJS

8 hours ago, njbuff said:

Worst missed blocked in Bills history.

But Knox is young and is a heck of a blocking TE. Hopefully, he like the rest of the team, learns from this and advance forward.

I'm shocked there isn't some funny meme/gif on the 3 stooges all missing #41.

Glad most folks are agreeing on the missed block.

There's also the missed helmet-to-helmet that should have been called on Cunningham on that play, so it's actually a two-fer. That 15-yard penalty would have put us in FG range.

8 hours ago, Magox said:

The whiffed block/missed assignment by Knox on the run by Allen that would have surely got the Bills into field goal range to win the game.

And we really ran that play well all season long too. Allen probably scored. He would have had 2 more lineman in front of him.