which of these 3 cost the Bills more

dbfla10

1 hour ago, dbfla10 said:

The missed sack by Milano

Cunningham blowing by 3 olineman  and blowing up Allen

Fords "blindside" block

I am not a Milano fan and his lack of ideal size was shown true again with the HUGE missed sack. But in my opinion after all that happened how does the line miss the safety on that play? Its pin and pull. Block down and pull your lineman to basically block first color. This was perfectly called and ran out of different formation from the 1st series in the game. On tv it looks if they block the safety Allen may score. 

That play IMO hurt the most. 

the phantom blindside block.  One, it didn't happen, and two, put us out of FG range.  

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

the phantom blindside block.  One, it didn't happen, and two, put us out of FG range.  

38 yard line is in FG range for other teams, but not us this year.  I can't believe we would have tried it if the penalty wasn't called.  For me that call just represents the penalties the refs were going to make us overcome and the no in game penalties the Texans were given.

The 3rd and 18 defense giving up the first down when a delay of game should have been called is the game in a nutshell.  Lack of execution and a bad missed call all in one.

Edited by Ayjent

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Milano is a high quality Linebacker, elite LB coverage skills and a decent run stuffer.  His weakness is he sometimes misses too many tackles.  Even though that last play, whats odd about that play is if Siran or Milano didn't blitz the sack most likely happens.  It caused a sandwiching sort of an effect where siran knocked him back and Milano hit him from the other side and straightened him back up.  

The key is to try to wrap up and drag him down, even though I know when they are flying in at full speed with all the adrenaline they are just trying to get to the QB and hit the crap out of him as opposed to just bringing him down.    Again, I think Siran hitting him sort of threw off his tackling technique.  I know I know, excuses.  And it is and it still doesn't excuse the missed tackle but I am convinced Siran hitting him first caused that to happen.  

I do agree with Milano failing to wrap up has a problem, however I submit it was by far the main cause for Watson getting away. Neal was down lo mad Milano basically gives Watson a chest bump. Also, this is to familiar with Milano's blitzes. This and that he comes in too out of control and is easily side stepped as Watson did on a couple palys earlier in the game. Love his fire but must improve his tackling and body control on blitzes.

1 hour ago, Magox said:

The whiffed block/missed assignment by Knox on the run by Allen that would have surely got the Bills into field goal range to win the game.

I can see one guy missing #41, but 3 guys leading the charge and they all selected NO ONE to block. Josh had a lane down the sideline. Pathetic and embarrassing. The blindside block is poorly written and interpreted. That was no more a penalty then the kickoff recovery. Common sense. And at 6-0/220 Milano's not tackling anyone. Way to small to play NFL LB.....

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I can see one guy missing #41, but 3 guys leading the charge and they all selected NO ONE to block. Josh had a lane down the sideline. Pathetic and embarrassing. The blindside block is poorly written and interpreted. That was no more a penalty then the kickoff recovery. Common sense. And at 6-0/220 Milano's not tackling anyone. Way to small to play NFL LB.....

On the contrary, that play was beautifully schemed and called, the problem was that someone or someone's missed their assignment.

There is a chance that play could have been taken for a score, at the very minimum a 15 yard gainer.  There was no one else that could have made that tackle and if Knox has that guy blocked, there is another lead blocker to block the next guy who wouldn't even had to be blocked until at least 10 yards down the field.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

The first 2 point conversion changed the entire game.  Still being up by 2 scores with a quarter to go means your still comfortably in control.  And all Poyer had to do was lower his shoulder to keep Watson out of end zone.  You’d think he’d man up there after Watson dragged him 8 yards for the TD.  

My heart sunk when they converted.  Right then and there I knew this was going to be a 50/50 game with the Bills not having the fortitude to withstand a comeback. 

What's equally frustrating about the 3-18 plays is that Oliver blows up the LG with a clear path to Watson, but is blatantly held from behind and then got thrown to the ground behind Watson. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

Had the penalty been declined or not called, it was still out of field goal range unless you think Hauschka has 56 yards in him.

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

How was the missed tackle by Milano and Neal NOT the Bills fault? That play literally cost the game. The block could have won the game.

Seen it a bunch of times; two defenders hit at the same time and bounce off. Much of that was athleticism from Jackson and then making the easy decision to dump it off. That's not the same as completely whiffing a tackle or not being in position to make the play.

Completely whiffing the block was 100% on Knox. He was there and just didn't even go for the block.

3 hours ago, dbfla10 said:

The missed sack by Milano

Cunningham blowing by 3 olineman  and blowing up Allen

Fords "blindside" block

I am not a Milano fan and his lack of ideal size was shown true again with the HUGE missed sack. But in my opinion after all that happened how does the line miss the safety on that play? Its pin and pull. Block down and pull your lineman to basically block first color. This was perfectly called and ran out of different formation from the 1st series in the game. On tv it looks if they block the safety Allen may score. 

That play IMO hurt the most. 

Allen fumble that he was ruled down on... my wife looked at that vid of him on sideline and said he looked scared... no one came over to lift his spirits pick him up... coaches?, Vets where the hell were you... he lost some of his moxy after that... 

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

The first 2 point conversion changed the entire game.  Still being up by 2 scores with a quarter to go means your still comfortably in control.  And all Poyer had to do was lower his shoulder to keep Watson out of end zone.  You’d think he’d man up there after Watson dragged him 8 yards for the TD.  

I think that first one AND the second one were both instrumental plays that led to our doom.  If we had stopped either they're two points short of the win in regulation.  

18 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

1st and 10 on the 43 in OT. Those two Bills seal their blocks and Allen is still running down the sideline. Game over.

That was 100% in the Bills' control.

Screenshot_20200106-153504_Chrome.jpg

Feliciano looks to be eyeing up that db out there. all that needed to happen was knox or morse get a hat on that backer in the circle.... its made me sick for 2 days now. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Feliciano looks to be eyeing up that db out there. all that needed to happen was knox or morse get a hat on that backer in the circle.... its made me sick for 2 days now. 

Yeah, because there are two Bills and two Texans. Feliciano is following the order. Rookie mistake by Knox.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, because there are two Bills and two Texans. Feliciano is following the order. Rookie mistake by Knox.

ya i'm not blaming Feliciano. all that needs to happen is for knox to do his job or morse to even just misdirect the LB.... this play more than any other has stuck with me.