which of these 3 cost the Bills more

dbfla10

10 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Knox was the one that got a piece of Cunningham.

But, any way you slice this, there were THREE Bills players out there to take out ONE Texans defender for a nice gain that would have set up the GWFG.

Yes, there were 3 players there and it was the worst missed block ever.

10 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

They all hurt.  Thats the way games go.  

I will never understand the Milano hate here.  Should probably get ready for the extension he is about to get this offseason.

Milano is a high quality Linebacker, elite LB coverage skills and a decent run stuffer.  His weakness is he sometimes misses too many tackles.  Even though that last play, whats odd about that play is if Siran or Milano didn't blitz the sack most likely happens.  It caused a sandwiching sort of an effect where siran knocked him back and Milano hit him from the other side and straightened him back up.  

The key is to try to wrap up and drag him down, even though I know when they are flying in at full speed with all the adrenaline they are just trying to get to the QB and hit the crap out of him as opposed to just bringing him down.    Again, I think Siran hitting him sort of threw off his tackling technique.  I know I know, excuses.  And it is and it still doesn't excuse the missed tackle but I am convinced Siran hitting him first caused that to happen.  

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Magox said:

The whiffed block/missed assignment by Knox on the run by Allen that would have surely got the Bills into field goal range to win the game.

Are we blaming Knox for that? He's only 1/3 to blame. There were two other blockers that didn't see the large linebacker running right by them.

Honestly I think the thing that cost us the most was the mysterious disappearance of Devin Singletary in OT where Daboll thought we had to drop back and throw it every play. Why?  It's not the regular season.  The OT isn't 10 minutes long.  You play until someone wins.  Call plays as such.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

The missed sack by Milano

Cunningham blowing by 3 olineman  and blowing up Allen

Fords "blindside" block

I am not a Milano fan and his lack of ideal size was shown true again with the HUGE missed sack. But in my opinion after all that happened how does the line miss the safety on that play? Its pin and pull. Block down and pull your lineman to basically block first color. This was perfectly called and ran out of different formation from the 1st series in the game. On tv it looks if they block the safety Allen may score. 

That play IMO hurt the most. 

If you're not a Milano fan, you're nuts. Milano makes impact plays all the time and is good in coverage. He's young and will continue to improve. What's more, when he has been out the defense has noticeably suffered.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Got to agree with the rest here because the Milano missed tackle and Ford block weren't 100% the Bills' fault. 

Knox's missed block was completely on the Bills. They could've won it on their own there.

How was the missed tackle by Milano and Neal NOT the Bills fault? That play literally cost the game. The block could have won the game.

The first 2 point conversion changed the entire game.  Still being up by 2 scores with a quarter to go means your still comfortably in control.  And all Poyer had to do was lower his shoulder to keep Watson out of end zone.  You’d think he’d man up there after Watson dragged him 8 yards for the TD.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

In order 

1a) Milano & Neal failed sack at end

1b) Knox whiffing on Cunningham that would’ve won game in OT

3) refs calling Fords block dangerous 4) Duke dropping TD

5) Smoke sideline miscue 

Honorable Mention....

-Motorless overtime

-8 missed tackles

-Allen’s fumble 

• Like (+1) 4

The Ford block is a great talking point and one were most non-Bills fans agreed was a call that shouldn't have been made, but someone explain to me what they have seen this year that would make them think McDermott was going to try a 55 yard FG for the win if that call isn't made?  Allen got to the 38 yard line and it would have been 4th and 5.  My money would have been a punt there to try and pin them deep.  Second choice is they go for it.  Last is the FG.  

The missed block on the sweep is definitely the answer.   

Edited by jhh9327

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

The first 2 point conversion changed the entire game.  Still being up by 2 scores with a quarter to go means your still comfortably in control.  And all Poyer had to do was lower his shoulder to keep Watson out of end zone.  You’d think he’d man up there after Watson dragged him 8 yards for the TD.  

Poyer is a small dude. Watson is huge. It's not as simple as you make it seem.

54 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

The missed sack by Milano

Cunningham blowing by 3 olineman  and blowing up Allen

Fords "blindside" block

I am not a Milano fan and his lack of ideal size was shown true again with the HUGE missed sack. But in my opinion after all that happened how does the line miss the safety on that play? Its pin and pull. Block down and pull your lineman to basically block first color. This was perfectly called and ran out of different formation from the 1st series in the game. On tv it looks if they block the safety Allen may score. 

That play IMO hurt the most. 

The cunningham play.  If he's blocked Allen gets 15 yards minimum on that play.  Also with the play happening the way it did, Cunningham speared Allen with the crown of his helmet, it should have been a 15 yard penalty.  At worst we should have had 1st and 10 from the 27 yard line needing a FG to win.

19 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

3 blockers missing the linebacker. Game winning field goal next play if one of the 3 does their job.

With most the forum singing Dabs praises. Just saying, was an excellent call and design and most certainly was good enough for field goal range. That was the worst play IMO. The Milano play was just random. He’s a couple inches higher or lower, slower or faster,  and the impact doesn’t get offset. Watson gets destroyed. Perfect timing on a collision from both sides offset the impact. Fords block was a petty call, but technically an infraction. We had 850 pounds to block about 240 and couldn’t. That hurts. Just visualize 3 players coming at you in a drill. It was so wide open it basically was like a drill. 

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Got to agree with the rest here because the Milano missed tackle and Ford block weren't 100% the Bills' fault. 

Knox's missed block was completely on the Bills. They could've won it on their own there.

Refresh my memory on that Knox block??

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Actually felt physically ill realizing what happened on that play and what it could've/should've led to. 

Same.  It's actually pretty amazing how just watching other people play a game can create that kind of a physiological response.  

"Mind over the body, not the body over the mind."

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

Are we blaming Knox for that? He's only 1/3 to blame. There were two other blockers that didn't see the large linebacker running right by them.

Not solely but mainly.  He was in the best position from my view.