which of these 3 cost the Bills more

dbfla10

The missed sack by Milano

Cunningham blowing by 3 olineman  and blowing up Allen

Fords "blindside" block

I am not a Milano fan and his lack of ideal size was shown true again with the HUGE missed sack. But in my opinion after all that happened how does the line miss the safety on that play? Its pin and pull. Block down and pull your lineman to basically block first color. This was perfectly called and ran out of different formation from the 1st series in the game. On tv it looks if they block the safety Allen may score. 

That play IMO hurt the most. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Magox said:

The whiffed block/missed assignment by Knox on the run by Allen that would have surely got the Bills into field goal range to win the game.

this is the one I cant shake.... perfect design. wall of blockers. its easily a first and mostly likely more. ball game. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

this is the one I cant shake.... perfect design. wall of blockers. its easily a first and mostly likely more. ball game. 

That was set up so beautifully that I honestly believe Allen would have gotten easily 15+ yards.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

In a game with a bucket full of big plays, I'm now convinced the Knox whiff was the death nail.

Worst missed blocked in Bills history.

But Knox is young and is a heck of a blocking TE. Hopefully, he like the rest of the team, learns from this and advance forward.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

On tv it looks if they block the safety Allen may score. 

That was actually their ILB Zack Cunningham who had to be a focal point in film study.  Great play by him.  Dumb play by 88 and 60 on our side.

on that weep morse didn't even see cunningham because he wasn't aware.  he was looking straight ahead, not on a swivel.  imo it's a great play and one our team should dominate with, but we spend lots of time practicing gore up the gut for zero and dimarco/lee smith go routes.

14 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Worst missed blocked in Bills history.

But Knox is young and is a heck of a blocking TE. Hopefully, he like the rest of the team, learns from this and advance forward.

Chris Brown said that miss was on Morse.  Not sure.  I will have to watch it again. or are we not talking about the Allen sweep?

Edited by Scott7975

The missed QB sweep block might be the single most sick I've ever felt about a play in my life.  I was too young to really comprehend the SB losses. 

Actually felt physically ill realizing what happened on that play and what it could've/should've led to. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

The missed sack by Milano

Cunningham blowing by 3 olineman  and blowing up Allen

Fords "blindside" block

I am not a Milano fan and his lack of ideal size was shown true again with the HUGE missed sack. But in my opinion after all that happened how does the line miss the safety on that play? Its pin and pull. Block down and pull your lineman to basically block first color. This was perfectly called and ran out of different formation from the 1st series in the game. On tv it looks if they block the safety Allen may score. 

That play IMO hurt the most. 

Cunningham didn't blow by 3 lineman, it was 2 lineman and Dawson Knox, but this was by far the costliest play as Allen had LOTS of room out in front with a convoy of blockers.  It was so maddening to watch 3 guys not block anyone while he made the play.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Chris Brown said that miss was on Morse.  Not sure.  I will have to watch it again.

Knox was the one that got a piece of Cunningham.

But, any way you slice this, there were THREE Bills players out there to take out ONE Texans defender for a nice gain that would have set up the GWFG.

• Like (+1) 1