The Perfect 1st Half that wasn´t

Antonio

19 hours ago, Antonio said:

I never saw the kill kill signal or gesture. That was the call. 

Not the call.

I have faith Allen will learn a lot from this game and season. 

Edited by elroy16
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The game wasn’t lost by a dropped pass in the FIRST HALF!

No; however, this entire thread would be moot if Williams had caught that pass - and the Bills would have been up 17-0 at half, and the FG in the 3rd would have put them up 20-0, rather than 16-0. Big difference.

On 1/6/2020 at 2:25 PM, nucci said:

not ready for what? Game went in to OT and a few breaks our way and we win

Not ready to be a consistent offense that can sustain drives and manufacture points. If you are trying to tell me that the offense was READY then I will continue to disagree. Could they have won, yes. Unfortunately, they didn't. I don't want breaks to get wins. I want a team that wins without getting breaks. When they are ready they won't need breaks to win. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Not ready to be a consistent offense that can sustain drives and manufacture points. If you are trying to tell me that the offense was READY then I will continue to disagree. Could they have won, yes. Unfortunately, they didn't. I don't want breaks to get wins. I want a team that wins without getting breaks. When they are ready they won't need breaks to win. 

most teams get breaks to win....do you expect teams to play perfect games.....are you saying Houston didn't get any breaks?

On 1/6/2020 at 11:29 AM, ScotSHO said:

Gore should have been shelved as soon as he got his yardage (Denver game?).  The wheels had already fallen off his wagon by then, everyone knew this, but out of respect we keep wheeling him out there. 

Yeldon would have been way better out there.  And don't tell me about fumbles, they have the same fumble rate.

Using Frank the last few weeks over Yeldon was so very foolish. Frank was a great mentor and presence for Devin but his job was done after the Denver game. Benching him for Yeldon might have ruffled some feathers in the locker room but it was the right move that never happened. And funny few are talking about the 38 seconds Josh let run down from the 1:08 mark. Huddled up, no rush, no urgency. Josh and McD both need a refresher course on time management. 

9 hours ago, ogham26 said:

Daboll did not call for a frank gore run play before half and anyone who thinks he did is an idiot.  

I think that's right, but he also has to communicate what to do and not do if the play he called isn't going to work. 

12 hours ago, nucci said:

most teams get breaks to win....do you expect teams to play perfect games.....are you saying Houston didn't get any breaks?

I get that good teams get breaks sometimes. Houston was the better lesser team on Saturday. I like where the Bills are and Love where I think their going. It's that breaks only get you so far.

On 1/6/2020 at 3:12 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

Just watch what happened at the 1:08 mark. The clock runs down nearly 40 seconds before the next play. Sean's clock management is embarrassing. 

He was managing for the fg..... followed this up by running gore to the left hash so the kick came from that side as haushka had issues kicking from the right hash

On 1/6/2020 at 1:26 PM, ScottLaw said:

A good WR makes that catch. 

In fairness to Duke: I don’t think anyone makes that catch. The DB was falling into Duke’s arm as the ball arrived. That’s a tremendous amount of force applied at a critical time. It’s the old “sometimes everyone does everything right but the other guy just makes a play” situation. 

On 1/7/2020 at 11:13 AM, elroy16 said:

Not the call.

I have faith Allen will learn a lot from this game and season. 

that really doesn’t say anything. He could be calling anything from anything. He could just be calling which gap the runner is going to. If it was an audible that doesn’t mean the initial call was a pass play. 

coordinators usually send a couple plays in. Pick one based on defense. In essence Daboll did call it. Josh looked at defense and picked play 2. No one even knows what play 1 was. 

Edited by Scott7975

On 1/6/2020 at 2:11 PM, Antonio said:

We had a chance to close the first half like we didn´t see all season long, playing complementary football in all 3 faces of the game: Offense moved the ball, Defense close every opportunitie for the Texans, no ST mistakes... then we get the ball back to close the half and...

Let this sink for a minute… when you play like this you get the result we had.

Bills get the ball on their own 4 yard line with 5:45 to go in the 2nd Q.

We were all hoping to get a first down or 2 so we don´t give up field position.

Bills get the first down after 3 runs, 3 yards from Gore and 9 yards from Singletary

Gore comes up again for no gain and then for 2 yards... 

Suddenly Allen hits a really good pass to Duke and we all could feel the energy rising, Bills engines starting to roar. Crowd chanting Duuuuuuke!!

Allen is clicking and hits Beasly, who makes a couple of good moves, for a 21-yard gain. You could feel the crowd going crazy.

Allen starting to feel the game and hits Singletary for 12 more yards, Bills get to the Texans 34 yard line. 

T. Nsekhe FALSE START... Same old Bills????? Wait a minute...

Allen Hits Brown for 7 yards and then Beasly for 6 more. Wonderful!

Bills break the huddle and everybody is thinking, "Allen, please don´t get sack", but Allen is in the “zone” and responded with a beauty to Singeltary who makes a great catch for a first down

Allen and Singletary are getting it done!!!!! Let´s keep it going.

00:30 seconds left on the clock till half time, Bills on the Texans 23 yard line! We have a shot at being 17 - 0 at half time... Comm´on!

Daboll thinking “we have all the momentum in our favor, I´m going for the jugular” hehehe

After the play was over…

Daboll: What you mean Frank didn´t score there?!?!?! A yard?! Only one yard?! But Frank has been on fire this series (3 carries for 5 yards).

Also Daboll: What you mean we had to spike the ball next so we could at least have another play?! Damn Frank…

Daboll again: So you mean to tell me we just wasted 2 plays in a row?! Ohhh that´s stupid… oh well, at least we are not losing.

Stats on that series before Daboll starts panicking:

Allen: 5 – 5 for 64 yards.

Singletary: 2 runs for 9 yards / 2 catches for 15 yards and 3 1st downs.

Beasly: 2 – 2 for 27 yards and 1 1st down.

Duke: 1 – 1 for 15 yards and 1 1st down.

Brown: 1 – 1 for 7 yards.

I think Bills outsmarted themselves here. 
as they approached the redzone, they were taking their time, no hurry at all. 
the logic being they wanted to burn clock before they scored, so Houston wouldn’t have time to score. 

But they played it too cute, and ended up wasting one of their three redzone downs clicking the ball. 

Primary goal should have been TD and don’t worry if Houston has 90 vs 30 sec to come back and try to score.