High Football IQ

Jets or Dolphins will probably win the division next year

13 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Is that the a-hole? 🤔

yes

Posted (edited)

If you disagree with the guy's take, hey that's great, but no need to call him names and attack him personally. Stranger things have happened than what he's saying, that's for sure.

I'd be willing to bet that  if you went to the Jets or the Dolphins message boards, they probably would agree with this guy, and are saying the same things about their teams ("next year will be great"), that all of the rose colored glasses wearing fans in here are saying about the Bills. Lol

Edited by John in Jax

Just now, class_of_2012 said:

Except KC, Denver, and Las Vegas are predicted to be good next year.

The Bills were predicted 6-10 i believe this year. No one really knows until the games are played. I like where our team is, so hoping for another good year! 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, John in Jax said:

If you disagree with the guy's take, hey that's great, but no need to call him names and attack him personally. Stranger things have happened than what he's saying, that's for sure.

I'd be willing to bet that  if you went to the Jets or the Dolphins message boards, they probably would agree with this guy, and are saying the same things about their teams ("next year will be great"), that all of the rose colored fans in here are saying about the Bills. Lol

so because almost all of us realize that his is a troll thread, which is what the op consistently does, we wear rose colored glasses?  

56 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Not trying to be a debbie downer, but I can easily see the Bills faltering next year and not even being .500 with what looks to be a very difficult schedule and erratic QB that may be a finished product (or close to it). McClappy is also not going to change who he is with his conservative, play not to lose mentality and will learn nothing from sitting on a 16 point lead.

Jets went 6-2 this year after a 1-7 start and I still think Darnold is going to end up being the best QB from the 2018 draft when it's all said and done. In fact many insiders have said this is who the Bills really wanted but had to settle for Allen. Gase is a decent coach and they had a pretty solid roster when healthy before any offseason additions and draft picks, you can argue they probably should have swept the Bills this year anyway.

Also don't rule out the Fish making a lot of noise next year if they have a good offseason and hit on some of their key draft picks. Flores actually looks like a competent Belichik disciple and unlike McClappy was able to go into Foxboro and win with a lesser roster.

Hope I'm wrong but really think the Bills simply weren't as good as their record indicated this year especially on defense which was exposed all year against superior teams/QB's and again in the playoff debacle which will be talked about for years to come.

This is a sad tragic over reaction to a disappointing loss.

56 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Not trying to be a debbie downer, but I can easily see the Bills faltering next year and not even being .500 with what looks to be a very difficult schedule and erratic QB that may be a finished product (or close to it). McClappy is also not going to change who he is with his conservative, play not to lose mentality and will learn nothing from sitting on a 16 point lead.

Jets went 6-2 this year after a 1-7 start and I still think Darnold is going to end up being the best QB from the 2018 draft when it's all said and done. In fact many insiders have said this is who the Bills really wanted but had to settle for Allen. Gase is a decent coach and they had a pretty solid roster when healthy before any offseason additions and draft picks, you can argue they probably should have swept the Bills this year anyway.

Also don't rule out the Fish making a lot of noise next year if they have a good offseason and hit on some of their key draft picks. Flores actually looks like a competent Belichik disciple and unlike McClappy was able to go into Foxboro and win with a lesser roster.

Hope I'm wrong but really think the Bills simply weren't as good as their record indicated this year especially on defense which was exposed all year against superior teams/QB's and again in the playoff debacle which will be talked about for years to come.

I got goofed on for thinking that the Jets might be a little better than the Bills in the summer.  I hope you never let “HighIQ” forget this post, like you with me!!!!

1 minute ago, teef said:

i'm not someone who says anything is impossible either, but i find it wildly unlikely that this team is going to become half their wins worse.   why would i assume the bills get worse while the jets and dolphins get better?  the jets could barely beat this team with the 2nd and 3rd stringers playing, and miami isn't even sure who their qb will be yet.

the op started this thread on purpose.  he did it as saviorpeterman, (or who ever he was) and does it for a response.  what's disappointing is how many people come in here with support of this nonsense.

His "flawed gameday coach & inconstant QB" comment also applies to Gase and Darnold.

2 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

Except KC, Denver, and Las Vegas are predicted to be good next year.

Projections mean nothing. The pre strength of schedule means nothing. 
Mahomes could blow his leg up next week. 
Vegas is Vegas Gruden doesn’t seem so scary with the crap offense they’re running 

Denver may get better of offense and very bad on defense. 
That’s not to mention injuries in training camp and preseason. 
Could mean disastrous things for us as well but you can’t worry about traveling and the strength of teams next year in January. 
The schedule might not be so brutal come September 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, High Football IQ said:

Here we go with the nonsense about how "hard" the schedule is based on what happened this year.  

I am done talking about it. There is ZERO correlation between anything this year and next year with regards to how good a team will be until we see what happens in the off-season, the draft, training camp, with injuries, suspensions, etc.  Literally 1 or 2 key injuries could take a team that is supposed to win the division and make them a playoff after thought. 

If people want to keep spouting this rubbish then they can I am going to just choose to ignore the threads because there is no validity to them at this time of the year. Let's talk again in October and we will see how tough the schedule actually is because only then will you really have an idea.

And not for nothing, the Jets and Dolphins are playing THE SAME SCHEDULE except for 2 games.  

Edited by matter2003

5 minutes ago, ogham26 said:

the schedule next year really isn't that hard

We have to play Seattle, SF, the Los Angeles Rams, KC, Tennessee. Pittsburgh, and New England twice.

45 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Bold take.....I like it! LOL  If you turn out to be right, everybody painting you as some insane nutball ought to buy you dinner at Ruth Chris!

The reality is that from year to year, the ups and downs of NFL teams happens very often.....history shows the latter to be absolutely true. SO, you may be right.  Anybody who says they are "confident" that the Bills will be a "better" team next year, vs. this year is just pure, wishful homerism talk.

So if some nutball posts some ridiculous garbage  (Jets and Dolphins play nearly the same difficult schedule; Tannihill was lousy with Gase mentoring him ..and additional drivel) and it remarkably comes true (the USA won the 1980 hockey gold medal) why in goodness name would we owe him anything. It is people like High Football IQ (which I assume is like calling a really big guy "Tiny") that makes Las Vegas such a well developed city.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

His "flawed gameday coach & inconstant QB" comment also applies to Gase and Darnold.

absolutely.

10 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Not going to read this thread so I apologize as I am sure it's been said but just in case... Everyone in the division plays almost the same schedule, though

True, but the Jets and Dolphins don't have to play Tennessee and Pittsburgh like we do. They get to play Cleveland/Indy and Cincinnati/Jacksonville, respectively. A lot easier.

7 minutes ago, teef said:

so because almost all of us realize that his is a troll thread, which is what the op consistently does, we wear rose colored glasses?  

C' mon Man. You know as well as I do that 90% of the posters in here have blue blood running through their veins, and let emotions triumph over common sense. In the "Predict the Score" thread for this last game, on 8 pages, you had only 10 people pick the Texans to win it.

Just keepin it real......

• Skeptical 1

27 minutes ago, Success said:

No, it's not.  It's completely logical - given the trajectory since Beane & McDermott took over, the clear vision Beane has and how he addresses it, the skill with which they have built quality depth, and the future situation in terms of cap space, draft picks and contracts.

It's not some crazy wishful thinking by fans.  The Bills are largely seen as a team that's up & coming, and that could take over the division in the years to come. That's based on factual information, not some whim.

Here is the thing, the trajectory has trailed the Chiefs and Raven's trajectory by considerable margins, and those teams as young as the Bills and with more experienced and successful coaching staffs.  And we have the disadvantage compared to both of those teams, in that we face the NFC west next year.  It will be an uphill battle. 

The Fins are at least a year away from having a talent base to compete for the division. They have 7 draft picks in the top 70. But they also got rid of their starting LT, best DB, WR2, and gutted a lot of other talent. They also lack a QB situation that makes them competitive. Similar to Cleveland when they had all those picks going into Baker's rookie year and made some free agency adds they only won 7 games. They will likely punt on brining in a QB and build to trading for the QB out of Clemson. 

The Jets are more interesting, they have 60 million in cap space and their draft picks. Darnold is a QB who can compete, they have talent on both sides of the ball and the draft picks and cap space to fill out their roster better. But I still think that given what the Bills can do to add and retain talent (along with their stronger draft history in recent years) to a core of talent that is already stronger from the start and I don't see why the Jets and Fins would be competition. 

I actually worry more about the Pats if they can improve their offensive talent and retain a strong defense. They have the draft picks and a decent amount of cap space even if they retain Brady at a 20+ million dollar salary. I think if they get another weapon on offense and rebuild the O-line I don't see how they can be competitive with Sanu (having a full off-season to work with Brady), Eddleman, Harry (fully healthy and with another off-season to work with Brady) and another weapon either at TE or another receiver is a competent set of skill position players (along with White out of the backfield.) 

The Pats in my mind are the favorites for the division until proven otherwise. 

Just now, John in Jax said:

C' mon Man. You know as well as I do that 90% of the posters in here have blue blood running through their veins, and let emotions triumph over common sense. In the "Predict the Score" thread for this last game, on 8 pages, you had only 10 people pick the Texans to win it.

Just keepin it real......

you're not keeping it real though.  the reality is that this team was better than expected this year, and as it looks right now, is poised to be better next year.  this team is finally on an upward trajectory, and it's obvious some fans choose not to see it or can't handle it.  is it possible this team takes a step back?  sure.  it could happen.  but so far this staff has made the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years, and next year will likely be their strongest team yet.  that more "real" that what you're calling out.  you try too hard.  so is the op.

• Meh 1

THIS IS ALL POPPYCOCK'

Image result for marv Levy1

1 minute ago, teef said:

you're not keeping it real though.  the reality is that this team was better than expected this year, and as it looks right now, is poised to be better next year.  this team is finally on an upward trajectory, and it's obvious some fans choose not to see it or can't handle it.  is it possible this team takes a step back?  sure.  it could happen.  but so far this staff has made the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years, and next year will likely be their strongest team yet.  that more "real" that what you're calling out.  you try too hard.  so is the op.

Do you think incremental improvements allow us to catch the ascending chiefs and ravens, or do you think we need some big move to close the considerable gap that exists now? 

1 hour ago, High Football IQ said:

You are that guy who likes to stir the pot for attention... even if it’s negative. I guess you got what you wanted.

“ Gase is a decent coach” , “ Darnold best QB from 2018 draft”, “ Jets should have swept Bills anyway” . All  just left me wondering where the high football IQ is .