Tua declares for the draft; do you want Miami to take him?

krf139

Tua to Miami good or bad for Bills?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Fish to draft Tua?

It’s so hard to tell because it’s Alabama.  He was far and away the best qb they have had during their run.  But a lot guys would be monsters there.  But he does have throws that seem Steve Young like.  So no, I’d rather not risk Miami getting a guy who might have gone number 1 overall if not injured.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rumblings that redskins might pull a Cardinals and trade Haskins and draft Tua 

I don’t get the Haskins hate. Washington is completely garbage and he took some positive steps later in the season. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s so hard to tell because it’s Alabama.  He was far and away the best qb they have had during their run.  But a lot guys would be monsters there.  But he does have throws that seem Steve Young like.  So no, I’d rather not risk Miami getting a guy who might have gone number 1 overall if not injured.

I don’t get the Haskins hate. Washington is completely garbage and he took some positive steps later in the season. 

Haskins situational awareness is severely lacking.  Dude was taking selfies with fans when he needed to take another snap to end the game.  Talent wise, he won't pan out; after all, he was Snyder's pick.

21 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Tuas already injury prone before even taking a snap in the nfl he’ll be out of the league in 4-5 years ...now if they landed Trevor Lawrence next year I would not want to see him in this division at all 

Patriots will somehow grab T-Law.

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

On the flip side with Miami, if they stick with Fitz/Rosen this year and use all those picks to build OL, RB, defense and then take Trevor Lawrence next year.... :(

I think Haskins has potential to be really good but the regime change could be an issue for him. Though I think Snyder was the one who pulled the strings on that pick.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/6/2020 at 11:28 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I love their receivers - Parker is a beast now that Gase is gone, Preston Williams, Gesicki, even that jitterbug guy they have returning kicks. They need a RB and OL big time. 

So they are replacing people they traded away?  They will be cheaper but maybe not as good.

If Tua has that much potential then the Bengals draft him or somebody trades up ahead of the Dolphins.  QB's are still fairly precious commodities that somebody will give up a lot to get one that they believe in.  If the Dolphins are really interested will they give up a king's ransom to get them?  Two or three high picks would certainly accelerate the Bengal's rebuild if they don't take Tua.  Further, the Bengals just might be far sighted enough to trade the rights to a high impact player if they don't want him to perhaps a NFC team.  It's laughable to take the view that any one player could have an extremely high positive impact on a team but yet only one team would make a move for him.

On 1/6/2020 at 12:19 PM, krf139 said:

Tua declared for the draft today.  Teams are going to be skeptical given his health.  Josh made strides this year, but I'm not at all confident he's the guy to take us where we want to go.  Especially as we start losing starters on defense and Josh needs to do more, his weaknesses may become even more glaring.  So I ask - should we bite on Tua if he's there at 22.  Let's not forget, the Redskins drafted both RGIII and Cousins to cover themselves.  The QB position is too important not to cover ourselves.

1.  Serves as a safety net in case Josh struggles in year 3

2.  If Josh progresses in year 3, we have an asset to trade

Sure let MIA take him he is fragile.

NO Bills should NOT take him

Edited by MAJBobby

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think there were two threads that were merged. One was about the Bills taking him. 

Beane’s philosophy is best player available, regardless of position.  And one could argue the QB position is not a guaranteed slam dunk with Josh 

On 1/7/2020 at 1:32 PM, peterpan said:

Even tho, he like, isn't very good??

I mean, yea he could go in the first round, but so did EJ Manual.  

I just have to imagine teams have gotten smarter than that.  Drew lock was a 2nd round pick last year and he was/is much better than Tua.  

Tua is very good.

He has an excellent arm, elite accuracy, he throws with anticipation and he throws with touch.

He's not very big and he has some injury concerns, but are you sure you were watching the right guy? 

As a pure passer, he's excellent.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Beane’s philosophy is best player available, regardless of position.  And one could argue the QB position is not a guaranteed slam dunk with Josh 

Imo it is a moot point. Unless his next medical check shows a setback, he will be long gone well before we pick 

On 1/7/2020 at 1:32 PM, peterpan said:

Even tho, he like, isn't very good??

I mean, yea he could go in the first round, but so did EJ Manual.  

I just have to imagine teams have gotten smarter than that.  Drew lock was a 2nd round pick last year and he was/is much better than Tua.  

Drew Lock is nowhere near as good as a healthy Tua.

Tua is phenomenal and should've been starting since day 1 as a true freshman

He has everything

On 1/6/2020 at 12:21 PM, jrober38 said:

Miami should sign Brady and surround him with weapons with their three first round draft picks. 

Not crazy.  He didn't have a Devante Parker or Geisicki in NE.  

Miami would be in great shape had they kept Tunsil and Drake.

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Tua is very good.

He has an excellent arm, elite accuracy, he throws with anticipation and he throws with touch.

He's not very big and he has some injury concerns, but are you sure you were watching the right guy? 

As a pure passer, he's excellent.

I don’t think there is more than two or three people on this forum that would trust your opinion on a QB to tell you the truth....

Take it for what you will but there is a British guy I am in a whatsapp group with who has called a few NFL things right before when he claims inside knowledge (though I wouldn't say he is batting 1.000) who says that Ron Rivera made his acceptance of the Washington job contingent on having the freedom to move on from Haskins in THIS YEAR'S draft if he was not convinced through the self scouting and evaluation process. This guy seems to think Tua could be in play for Washington at #2 and that the success of Kyler Murray is going to see more teams willing to move off a guy after just a year if they feel there is a better prospect out there. 

Edited by GunnerBill