Duke Johnson Illegal Block

ngbills

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

If Dawson Knox throws a legal block on—or even gets in the path of—Cunningham on Josh’s sweep in OT then this wouldn’t matter and we’d be on to KC

Never has a missed block stood out so flagrantly in real time. No replay needed at all.

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

The officiating was corrupt.  Only 4 penalties called against the Texans with 2 of them being intentional delays-of-game to help their punter and another which was negated by a BS penalty on Hughes. 

They also had 0 in-play penalties. All were pre-snap.

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Heaven knows this team found ways to lose all on their own. However, there is nothing wrong with discussing calls, or non-calls, made in the game that certainly did have an impact. It is no different than discussing any othe raspect of the game. If you feel it is pointless, then don't participate in the discussion.

The officiating has been bad for years now and doesn't seem to be getting any better any time soon and feel like the discussion is just moot at this point in time. As you can tell I'm still punching the air after Saturday. 

8 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

FFS, we were up 16-0... Stop blaming the refs. 

The Bills problem for 20 years now is that we don't do enough on offense to beat our opponents and the inevitable bad officiating. I don't believe the refs are in a conspiracy against us but their incompetence is the norm in this league. On Saturday their ineptness was one of the key factors in our defeat.  The weird call reversal on the kickoff TD, the tickety tack blindside call on Ford, the many missed calls on the Texans, they all made a Texans victory much more likely.

1 minute ago, Captain Murica said:

The officiating has been bad for years now and doesn't seem to be getting any better any time soon and feel like the discussion is just moot at this point in time. As you can tell I'm still punching the air after Saturday. 

Haha! I get it brother, I really do. I guess these threads are somewhat therapeutic in nature. I find myself participating in some I normally wouldn't. 

Score TD's instead of FG's.  Block on the QB sweep, don't go for 4th and 27.  Dont run with Gore at the end of the half for 2 yards.  Dont hold the ball recklessly and fumble. Dont try some ridiculous lateral.   Stop them from scoring 19 points in the second half.  The Bills could have won this handily if they had  killer instinct.  The kickoff thing is pretty weird and I dont see why they did not keep it a TD, that flips the game more than likely right there.

If the Bills had won, the Texans fans would find endless crap to complain about too. Ford held Watt pretty good for instance, never called.

13 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

Never has a missed block stood out so flagrantly in real time. No replay needed at all.

You’re telling me. I was out of my seat and ready to shout “BALLGAME!!!1!1!1!1!”, and then somehow nobody touched Cunningham. Sickening.

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

If Dawson Knox throws a legal block on—or even gets in the path of—Cunningham on Josh’s sweep in OT then this wouldn’t matter and we’d be on to KC

Cunningham had a helmet to helmet hit on that play... no call ..