Bills sign 10 players to reserve/future contracts

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

As was said in a previous post, this is a weakness of McD. He is reluctant to let go of guys he drafted or who were on the Panthers who suck: Jones, Peterman, Benjamin, Lotuleilei, etc.

These are futures contracts.  It's pretty automatic and doesn't cost them anything.

As the off season goes on it's all about building to the 90 player limit.

I'm sure a number of these guys won't even make it to camp.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

My money is that he’s the 11th on the PS again. Sorry, but there’s just too much to learn going from rugby to NFL RB to get to the point where you can be of great enough value to be on a 53 in a single year.

Learning an NFL playbook is hard enough for a seasoned college player, let alone a relative noob. Then there’s the technical fine points of the game.

I think he’s a year away still.

Other positions ..yes.  RB...no.

in rugby you run the ball till you are tackled...just don’t do what Allen tried to do when going down ( like what all rugby players do)

10 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

My money is that he’s the 11th on the PS again. Sorry, but there’s just too much to learn going from rugby to NFL RB to get to the point where you can be of great enough value to be on a 53 in a single year.

Learning an NFL playbook is hard enough for a seasoned college player, let alone a relative noob. Then there’s the technical fine points of the game.

I think he’s a year away still.

Im sure in his exit interview they sent him in the direction he will need to go to get that training.

11 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

KR and PR.  Catch the ball.  Run.  Dude has mad skills once the ball is in his hands.  Design plays for him where he doesn't have to block.  It will be criminal if he's on the PS again after icing him this year.

He has done nothing against starter's. Nothing

He's ripped it against guys who were cut a week later

12 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

did you ever think It is what teams do with their PA after the season is officially over? 

It's a procedural step and nothing more?  

Yeah really.  Do many teams normally gut their PS in January?  It's not like they are paying them right now, right?

Bunch of them will get cut after the draft and UDFAs get sorted out.

10 hours ago, CSBill said:

CHRISTIAN WADE  =  Super Bowl, Baby!  ..... anyone know why they didn't call him up this year? ?

Because an owner can't own 2 major sports teams in the same city.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Nothing more than camp bodies

Do these players get paid? 

I'm just curious if anyone knows how it works at camp to players that don't make the team.  

I know they get paid if they are on the PS, but what happens to the guys in camp who get cut and not signed to the PS.  Were they paid while they were in camp?

Thanks if you know the answer!

Edited by BuffaloButt

12 hours ago, CSBill said:

CHRISTIAN WADE  =  Super Bowl, Baby!  ..... anyone know why they didn't call him up this year? ?

Wasn't there a rule about not being allowed to call him up since he was had a special extra spot on the PS?

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

Do these players get paid? 

I'm just curious if anyone knows how it works at camp to players that don't make the team.  

I know they get paid if they are on the PS, but what happens to the guys in camp who get cut and not signed to the PS.  Were they paid while they were in camp?

Thanks if you know the answer!

All players get an allowance during camp that is not part of the cap dollars.

Some of the players get a small guaranteed signing bonus.

"In Christian Wade's particular case, being a part of the international pathway programme, he is going to be the eleventh exempt member which means he can be on the practice squad and he is an eleventh member so they get that additional player on there. He cannot be called up at any point this season which is the difference. It does protect him from being claimed by another team."

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/christian-wade-buffalo-bills-wasps-16858265

On 1/6/2020 at 11:15 AM, billswhip said:

Don't sleep on Davis Webb. 

QB2 spot on this roster may be silent competition during OTAs and TC.....

Image result for seinfeld, alright gif
Edited by HOUSE