Bills sign 10 players to reserve/future contracts

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Christian Wade might have a chance.

That was my first thought, as opposed to the camp bodies comment which is the equivalent of the ubiquitious and seemingly obligatory "Super Bowl" comment every time the team signs someone who isn't a super star. It's never funny, but folks think it's clever. I'd love to see what Wade can do with a year of learning the sport under his belt.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

That was my first thought, as opposed to the camp bodies comment which is the equivalent of the ubiquitious and seemingly obligatory "Super Bowl" comment every time the team signs someone who isn't a super star. It's never funny, but folks think it's clever. I'd love to see what Wade can do with a year of learning the sport under his belt.

I’m curious. He’s a natural runner. It’s going to be interesting to see how much his knowledge of the game, blocking, etc have improved. 

Wade will get a long look. Don’t see what they see in Dodson at 6’1” 215 LB unless they want to develop into a safety. 

Wallace and Foster only significant PS players they have signed in the last two years and Foster flamed out this year. Odds are slim to get significant contributions from any of these 10. But who knows.

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Wade will get a long look. Don’t see what they see in Dodson at 6’1” 215 LB unless they want to develop into a safety. 

Wallace and Foster only significant PS players they have signed in the last two years and Foster flamed out this year. Odds are slim to get significant contributions from any of these 10. But who knows.

did you ever think It is what teams do with their PA after the season is officially over? 

It's a procedural step and nothing more?  

32 minutes ago, jabu said:

Safety?  Dodson is 6' 237 lbs according to the Bills website and https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tyrel-dodson?id=3219444f-4434-1460-b378-91176d704c77

Dodson may have a shot at making 53.  Lorax just retired and Stanford and Maurice Alexander are both free agents.  Potentially 3 openings.  Bills do have Vosean Joseph along with Edmunds, Milano, and Thompson.

21 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm calling my shot right now.  Christian Wade is going to light it up next year.  

My money is that he’s the 11th on the PS again. Sorry, but there’s just too much to learn going from rugby to NFL RB to get to the point where you can be of great enough value to be on a 53 in a single year.

Learning an NFL playbook is hard enough for a seasoned college player, let alone a relative noob. Then there’s the technical fine points of the game.

I think he’s a year away still.

I'd like to see Ray Ray go away. Same for Mckenzie, D. Williams, A. Roberts, and R. Foster on the active squad. 

We really need  starting caliber NFL wideouts. Not these projects and journeymen we keep trotting out.

Having one of these project guys on your roster is alright, but not half the position group. I find this particularly infuriating because none of these guys would start for another team. We could dumpster dive practice squads and get better productivity and upside.

• Like (+1) 2