Bills-Texans the most viewed ever wildcard game on ESPN/ABC

Big Turk

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Also highest rated WC game since 2014 with a 26 rating.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/nfl-saturday-wild-card-game-215759964.html

Highest rated game WC game since 2014 for that time slot on ABC just to be clear.  

The Thanksgiving ratings, TNF ratings, and WC ratings will pry get us at least two prime time games next year.  I think the Josh Allen Experience is appealing enough to have people tune in across the country.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

Just imagine what it could have been with real announcers for the game instead of that abc/ESPN crew. Booger McFarland is the worst and he just never shuts up!

I had to rewind my dvr to make sure I heard what I thought I heard when he said we should run a draw on 3rd and 10 and then spike it to kick the field goal.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

Just imagine what it could have been with real announcers for the game instead of that abc/ESPN crew. Booger McFarland is the worst and he just never shuts up!

Have you heard of Romo and Collingsworth?  These two clowns dont shut up as well.  What is the difficulty of just letting the game flow. Let the viewer see with his own eyes and use his brain to analyze instead of listening to Romo call the play before it starts and Collingsworth telling us 3 times yesterday that he had Metcalf at number 7 on his draft board and he must of been a bad guy since he dropped to the second round.....AND THEN TO HIS AMAZEMENT, HE TURNS OUT TO BE A GREAT GUY, TEAM PLAYER, AD NAUSEUM....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I think it shows the league that market size isn’t always an indicator of profitability in a market. If Buffalo continues to be a contender they’ll get as good if not better tv ratings further helping the nfl’s case for more money in a new deal. 

44 minutes ago, cage said:

Given the more difficult schedule next year, there will be lots of candidates for primetime games.... Chiefs, Rams, Seahawks, Steelers, 49ers, Titans, plus divisional games

I forgot how brutal the schedule is next year, yikes

55 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

We seem to get amazing ratings whenever we play a nationally televised game--Dallas, Pittsburgh, now this. WHEN WILL THEY LEARN AMERICA LOVES THE BILLS?

Buffalo v Pittsburgh's ratings were well below SNF average on the year.

6 minutes ago, arcane said:

I did not know that. That's really interesting too, because both the Bills and Steelers seem to have a rabid, national fan base (the Steelers is bigger, of course....bigger city and six rings will do that). Lol

25 minutes ago, arcane said:

About 2 million viewers less than average (18.5 million versus 20.5 million) but Buffalo and Pittsburgh markets were really high

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

@row_33 But I thought no one cares to watch the Buffalo Bills. ?

That poster is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. I have seen him defend and support NE, take shots at America(he lives in Canada), and now he is defending the Texans and the officials. I finally ignored him.

Good news for the Bills.